Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Caption Competition

i couldn't care less whether it's about verstappen in this case, but it's supremely distasteful and inappropriate.
just really shows in what state of mind renault are in right now. personally, i don't understand how actual Renault PR
and high ups don't step in and make sure mudslinging like this stops.

For a disgruntled driver to do such, is one thing.
but as a mega business taking it to such level, is imho really poor and honestly embarassing for the brand.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mcjamweasel

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 03:23
i couldn't care less whether it's about verstappen in this case, but it's supremely distasteful and inappropriate.
just really shows in what state of mind renault are in right now. personally, i don't understand how actual Renault PR

but as a mega business taking it to such level, is imho really poor and honestly embarassing for the brand.
I disagree. Their whole approach to comms is very tongue-in-cheek and this matches everything else that they do. Just take a look at the language of the whole article. This is not a 'serious' business press release, it's a much more informal conversational piece. Just take a look at their twitter account to see what they come out with on there. They're not the only ones either, a number of the teams are similar and often take the piss out of each other (and themselves).

Of all the things to moan about in F1, the teams actually showing some personality is not one of them! Just think how boring it would be if all the teams were Ferrari-esque in their approach to the media and public.

Just_a_fan

I agree that it's not an issue. They take a bit of a swipe at Hamilton too at the end of that excerpt. So what? It's just a bit of fun. Better that than the Ferrari/McLaren style "never say anything to engage with the fans" approach.

It's good to see Renault making fun, not only of the drivers, but also themselves - Max moans about them are well known so they're referencing themselves too.

F1 needs more of this and the type of stuff Mercedes does, not less of either.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

marmer

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 03:23

their twitter is normally full of banter but this is a direct attack at a driver. and its complicated by the fact that all the things he may have been moaning about have been Renault's fault. and if they think max has moaned a lot they should see alonso under honda for a start

Manoah2u

If they had said 'a certain driver' moaned, instead of directly adressing Max, it would have brought no discussion.

instead, fully knowing there's been a sensitivity between RB and Renault, and Max also fueled that fire and became part of it with some outings,
versus Cyril. It's not a one-time outing, it's been going on for months, and it has been embarassing every time. Don't get me wrong, Marko and Horner
have been part aswell. But to then post something like this, is really distasteful.

If Max wasn't made in name, it would have been tongue-in-cheek. Literally naming somebody is the opposite of tongue-in-cheek.
for example, that's what they exactly did with Hamilton in the end 'five-time world champion'.
they did not do that in regards to 'a certain driver' which everybody would have understood.

hence why i certainly don't see it as innocent banter or tongue-in-cheek for this specific part in this post.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

TwanV

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 16:53
If they had said 'a certain driver' moaned, instead of directly adressing Max, it would have brought no discussion.

instead, fully knowing there's been a sensitivity between RB and Renault, and Max also fueled that fire and became part of it with some outings,
versus Cyril. It's not a one-time outing, it's been going on for months, and it has been embarassing every time. Don't get me wrong, Marko and Horner
have been part aswell. But to then post something like this, is really distasteful.

If Max wasn't made in name, it would have been tongue-in-cheek. Literally naming somebody is the opposite of tongue-in-cheek.
for example, that's what they exactly did with Hamilton in the end 'five-time world champion'.
they did not do that in regards to 'a certain driver' which everybody would have understood.

hence why i certainly don't see it as innocent banter or tongue-in-cheek for this specific part in this post.
I agree, it's bad taste. Like that ridiculous Renault (clio?) ad with the tattoos and speed dating. They have a terrible sense of humor over there. :lol:

Big Tea

They still have cred in the bank with me after the rabbits (on Kimi leaving)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Andres125sx

Morteza wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 02:43
Found this on Renault Sport's website :wink:
https://i.imgur.com/SUYkCiz.png
Travel Blog: Brazil GP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this sort of PR, something funny and unexpected to read instead of the usual boring and predictable bs =D> =D>

Morteza

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 13:06
Morteza wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 02:43
Found this on Renault Sport's website :wink:
https://i.imgur.com/SUYkCiz.png
Travel Blog: Brazil GP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this sort of PR, something funny and unexpected to read instead of the usual boring and predictable bs =D> =D>
Renault, formerly Lotus, always had a fantastic sense of humor. Their social media is top notch :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

turbof1

Meanwhile Max Verstappen is doing his 2 days of public service through joining Motorsport Anger Management Talk Groups:

Hello my name is Max Verstappen

Hello my name is Roberto Fenati
#AeroFrodo

JonoNic

Max Verstappen should learn from Nelson P...Image
Always find the gap then use it.

dans79

JonoNic wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 19:25
Max Verstappen should learn from Nelson P...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 15df72.jpg
I'm sorry but I have always found this incident funny, I mean seriously who try to slap/punch someone in the head when they are wearing a crash helmet? That's a good way to seriously f-up your hand (something really important to a race driver).
197 104 103 7

JonoNic

dans79 wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
Max Verstappen should learn from Nelson P...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... 15df72.jpg
I'm sorry but I have always found this incident funny, I mean seriously who try to slap/punch someone in the head when they are wearing a crash helmet? That's a good way to seriously f-up your hand (something really important to a race driver).
You are correct sir. Hitting or slapping people outside of boxing and wrestling is really dumb.
Always find the gap then use it.

Big Tea

JonoNic wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 19:51
dans79 wrote:
JonoNic wrote:
You are correct sir. Hitting or slapping people outside of boxing and wrestling is really dumb.
Yip, anyone with brains would take off their helmet and hit them 'somewhere' with it.
Saw this happen at a motor cycle race once and it resulted in a broken finger.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

:oops: More than a few times now I've seen people calling him Roberto Fenati :lol:

On the subject of Romano Fenati, looks like he's going to be racing in the MotoGP paddock next year, in the Moto3 class
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC