2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dazed1

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

[/quote]

Alright, let me put this in a way where there is no way to misinterpret what I'm saying:

Vettel can't handle adversity. That's his problem. His alone. If Vettel didn't lose focus when things don't go his way, he wouldn't make nearly as many mistakes, regardless of how many mistakes Ferrari does. Things don't always go right, and it's extremely important that the driver makes the best out of these situations. Instead, Vettel is making it worse.

Better now?
[/quote]

One thing I have noticed with Vettel this season, if he gets turned around he immediately burns the rubber off his tires trying to get righted. It looks like a lot of anger to me. ???

Polite

I think is something related to the ECU and ERS: in PU era Ferrari suffered for this glitch till 2014, do u remember the spins of Kimi? (canada if im right)

Squid

Dazed1 wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 15:31
One thing I have noticed with Vettel this season, if he gets turned around he immediately burns the rubber off his tires trying to get righted. It looks like a lot of anger to me. ???
It's pretty much the standard way of righting yourself after a spin in any four-wheel motorsport. You don't really lose much rubber and it's way quicker to turn around compared to a 12-point turn since F1 cars aren't exactly known for their turning radius.

marmer

even if there is space you try telling an f1 driver to slowly turn around and let the whole pack get ahead
they could have a puncture or wing damage stuff that can be changed in the pits better to take the risk of spinning tyres around a bit to get up and running

edit - they normally do turn around slowly in free practice when nothing matters

Dazed1

Squid wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 08:24
Dazed1 wrote:
It's pretty much the standard way of righting yourself after a spin in any four-wheel motorsport. You don't really lose much rubber and it's way quicker to turn around compared to a 12-point turn since F1 cars aren't exactly known for their turning radius.
Compare his spins to Hamilton,( British GP) and Bottas, French GP).

Squid

Dazed1 wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 15:17
Squid wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 08:24
Dazed1 wrote:
Compare his spins to Hamilton,( British GP) and Bottas, French GP).
In both those cases, they ended up pointed towards the track and with plenty of room that they wouldn't need to reverse, so they could quickly rejoin.

If you look at Vettel in Austin, China and Monza, he was completely backwards. In Monza and Austin, he had very very little room to maneuver, and in Austin he was actually rolling back into the track, so he had to stop his momentum and get out of the way quickly. In Suzuka, where Vettel had plenty of room and could use the car's backwards momentum to right himself, he didn't spin the tyres.

timbo

It does seem that for some reason the car is not performing right at the time when it matters most...

tpe
tpe

I really hope that they can up their game in terms of tyre management and traction.
I was terrified from the RB pace in Brazil.

Vasconia

tpe wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 21:28
I really hope that they can up their game in terms of tyre management and traction.
I was terrified from the RB pace in Brazil.
Rb seems to have found the perfect set-up for the tyres. His superiority now in tyre managment is notorious.

And Ferrari was underwhelming in Brazil, I was expecting much more from them.

zokipirlo

We didn't see true potential from Ferrari here. Seb had some problems with PU, Kimi maybe also had some problems which we don't know about. They are not like Mercedes, who are crying over radio how engine is going to die and still driving fastest laps and always miraculously survives. I think result would be similar like in Mexico if everything would be fine with PU. Ferrari and Mercedes don't use strongest engine modes in races anymore so Red Bull come much closer.

Manfer

one of the reason red bull is doing so well these days is because of their PU usage. Merc and Ferrari have wrung the neck of their units trying to beat each other for most of the season where as red bull were a distant third, turning down their engines quite early in the races. Now they are bearing the fruit of their savings. Max & Ric are at unit 4 & 5 repectively where as both Ferrari drivers and hamilton are well within their allocated usage.

search

zokipirlo wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 11:53
We didn't see true potential from Ferrari here. Seb had some problems with PU, Kimi maybe also had some problems which we don't know about. They are not like Mercedes, who are crying over radio how engine is going to die and still driving fastest laps and always miraculously survives.
usually Kimi comfortably beating Bottas should be a decent indication of what the car was capable of. No idea if Vettel really would have beaten Hamilton without the technical issues, but I'd tend to say it should have been possible.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Vasconia

zokipirlo wrote:
We didn't see true potential from Ferrari here. Seb had some problems with PU, Kimi maybe also had some problems which we don't know about. They are not like Mercedes, who are crying over radio how engine is going to die and still driving fastest laps and always miraculously survives. I think result would be similar like in Mexico if everything would be fine with PU. Ferrari and Mercedes don't use strongest engine modes in races anymore so Red Bull come much closer.
Didn´t now that. Did they mention it after the race or during the race?

Juzh

Vasconia wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 12:37
zokipirlo wrote:
Didn´t now that. Did they mention it after the race or during the race?
https://www.racefans.net/2018/11/12/sen ... tels-race/