2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Phil

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 20:50
If they run the Brazil PUs, they won't be battling anyone.
But is that the one they'd normally use? Bottas has 4 engines in his 'pool', Hamilton 3. I completely lost track which spec has been used where, but I'm sure there should at least be another engine he could use? Assuming of course the Brazil one has run its course. But I think the issue in Brazil was exhaust manifold leading to higher engine temperatures?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan

Yeah, no doubt they can run an old engine, but what's the point? They ran a new one in mad mode at Brazil last year - didn't need to as both titles already won. No reason why they won't do so next race too. At least, I hope they do because it'll be fun. 8) :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

GPR-A duplicate2

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 01:36
Yeah, no doubt they can run an old engine, but what's the point? They ran a new one in mad mode at Brazil last year - didn't need to as both titles already won. No reason why they won't do so next race too. At least, I hope they do because it'll be fun. 8) :lol:
You what the real F1 should be like?

marmer

Wouldn't it be great if Merc and Ferrari both agree to take engine pens and start last and just go for it.
They would still have a decent chance of winning poor red bull reliability and max most likely P1 Danny Ric p2 who is generally faster in the race could well cause accidents

marvin78

That would not be great. It has nothing to do with the sport. Why does everyone want to make F1 a show event (as it is already partly)?

zokipirlo

F1Krof wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 00:57
Will we see the new wheel hub components being used in Abu Dhabi since they've clinched their WCs?
No, no way, they don't want to put more fuel on that burning topic. We still don't have TD on that thing, even if it was promised long time ago.

zokipirlo

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 15:26
So both PUs were compromised during the race. Possibility of penalties for changes in Abu Dhabi. Not that it would be a bad thing, however, for the fans - both Mercs with new PUs turned up to 11 and going flat out. What's not to like about that?
Don't worry. They are talking about problems with PU after almost every race. They will only change it for a next gen specification (if it's ready), for sure not for some old.

marvin78

Mercedes guys always talk themselves slow and vulnerably only to let their achievements look greater.

Don't get me wrong the success is huge but this is really annoying. It would be better if they would let them stand for their selves.

NathanOlder

How about the top 6 all take fresh engines. The titles are all wrapped up, no one cares who finishes 3rd in the WDC as Max said. So big it up saying the top 6 are starting at the back, We then have a Force India front row with the 2 Renaults , Leclerc and Gasly right behind them! [-o< oh the viewing would be great
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

:twisted: Start at the back and have a specially strengthened front wing to elbow through
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

M840TR

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 12:09
How about the top 6 all take fresh engines. The titles are all wrapped up, no one cares who finishes 3rd in the WDC as Max said. So big it up saying the top 6 are starting at the back, We then have a Force India front row with the 2 Renaults , Leclerc and Gasly right behind them! [-o< oh the viewing would be great
By lap 5 the top teams would be leading anyway, like Max in Russia.

NathanOlder

M840TR wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 13:05
NathanOlder wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 12:09
By lap 5 the top teams would be leading anyway, like Max in Russia.
Maybe lap 10 but who would be leading and you would have 3 or 4 cars wide going down those back straights!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

toraabe

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 01:36
I am sure they will.. For both drivers I think. Just for letting them having fun going flat out, and showing how fast you can go with an engine only running for one single race ;)
Maybee Ferrari also will do the same;)

bill shoe

Gentleman's agreement between top 6 cars for Abu Dhabi. Everyone starts at back with new engines. Would be awesome. Not really any good reason not to do it. [-o< [-o<

How would you like to be the Williams starting 7th from last? You'd be a little busy the first lap or so. :D But the fast-6 would have to legitimately pass everyone, everyone would be racing for position so no blue flags.

marvin78

bill shoe wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 16:10
Not really any good reason not to do it. [-o< [-o<

That has nothing to to with F1. I think there should be a series for people who only like a show with many artificial elements. Something like this can be done there and not in F1.