2018 United Arab Emirates Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, 23-26 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sierra117

2018 United Arab Emirates Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, 23-26 November

Tyre Choices

2017 Results
Qualifying

Race

2017 Pole Lap, Valtteri Bottas

2017 Race Highlights; Won by Valtteri Bottas

Apologies MtthsMlw, had to do this one for the sentimental connection to the place :mrgreen:
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Cannonballer

Re: 2018 United Arab Emirates Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, 23-26 November

I hope Alonso gets, at least, a point in his last grand prix.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........

Sierra117

Re: 2018 United Arab Emirates Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, 23-26 November

Cannonballer wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 09:07
Indeed. BTW, he's in the 6-hour Shanghai race going on right now! Just under 2 hours to go.
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Phil

I hope Sauber beats Force India to 7th place.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

oT v1

Will start getting very worried for next year if Red Bull perform again here.

Anyways hope it’s a good one :) would be nice to see Bottas up there! I presume weather won’t be an issue so no great upsets
The Power of Dreams

PlatinumZealot

Yeah i dont mind if Bottas wins. It looks bad when he is thw only one out of the top six without a win.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GPR-A

Phil wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 12:37
I hope Sauber beats Force India to 7th place.
In all honesty, FI should be having 109 points, that makes them 5th in Constructor's Standing. If not for the stupidity of Perez, they would have been having even more points. While Sauber started the year with the Alpha Romeo backing, at one point FI was staring at bankruptancy. In that sense, the team has dished out miracle and deserves the highest accolades. Even if Sauber beats in points, it's still hollow. I am not belittling Sauber own resurgence, which has given birth of a wonderful star and they deserve great respect for that.

Phil

I dont want Sauber to beat Force-India because they deserve to. I am for Sauber because it’s my “home team” and they could do well with the bonus winnings. Force-India is already in a terrific position with Strolls money for the foreseable future. IMO, if it’s someone who doesnt belong in the position they are likely to finish, it’s McLaren. I think they are extremely fortunate to finish this year in 6th. Their pace across this year certainly does not justify that.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

GPR-A

Phil wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 18:32
I dont want Sauber to beat Force-India because they deserve to. I am for Sauber because it’s my “home team”
That didn't occur to me. 8)

Sierra117

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 17:24
Yeah i dont mind if Bottas wins. It looks bad when he is thw only one out of the top six without a win.
I personally count Sochi as a win for him. It's just that the positions were swapped and the greater points given to Lewis, but for all intents and purposes that's a Bottas win.
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

ian_s

Don't forget Baku, without that puncture he should have won it.

Personally i want either Hamilton or Räikkönen to win. Hamilton so he can put the "never won a race after winning a championship", and Kimi so he can stick fingers up at Ferrari as he leaves.

Mach

Sierra117 wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 09:16
Cannonballer wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 09:07
Indeed. BTW, he's in the 6-hour Shanghai race going on right now! Just under 2 hours to go.
I hope Alonso finishes the race.
I'm tired of seeing "once upon a time" cutting edge McLaren technology on the grass half way through the race :(

Maritimer

ian_s wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 21:38

Personally i want either Hamilton or Räikkönen to win. Hamilton so he can put the "never won a race after winning a championship", and Kimi so he can stick fingers up at Ferrari as he leaves.
Except Lewis won Brazil already, Kimi I would like to see.

Just_a_fan

Kimi for the win. Seb for the "toys out of pram" episode. Ferrari wondering why they sacked the wrong driver. Everyone goes in to winter laughing.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

ian_s wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 21:38

Hamilton to win so he can put the "never won a race after winning a championship"

Have a wild guess what happened in the last race we had in Brazil 7 days ago.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC