Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Official great stuff

Shakeman

Huge props to Williams for this great news, I'm sure they could see the pace of Kubica compared to the no hoper with money they have been running in recent years. I thought it was a bit of an indictment of F1 for not managing to get a talent like Kubica back on the grid and develop a system that he could compete on equal terms. Glad it's worked out for him and I'm sure his feedback will be vital component for moving the Williams car up the grid back into the midfield where they belong.

Go for you Robert, good for you.

oT v1

Finally!! Well done mr Kubica.

Even if Williams are fighting for the same positions, at least Kubica will remove a lot of the doubt that it’s just pay driver choice. All he has to do is whoop his team mate!
The Power of Dreams

Manoah2u

YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ImageImage

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

I honestly thought Williams were using him as a leverage to get more from other pay drivers. Be interesting to see how he performs with one and three quarters arms. If he's at least on a par with Russell, then props to him.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Vasconia

I am obviously more than happy with this return. 2019 can´t come soon enough!!!

He has a great responsability but I am sure he will work as hard as ever and his performance will be at least decent if not great. I hope the second, though.

Polite

Nice one! Viva Robert!

PlatinumZealot

I doubted him for eight years. But he did it..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

graham.reeds

Can he take Lowes Hairpin?

If I understand it correctly it is his right arm that has limited mobility. Most F1 drivers seem to take Lowes using just their right hand. Does his arm have mobility?

I am sure he has done simulator work but is he strapped in as tightly as he would be in an F1 race?

Just_a_fan

It seems I'm alone in thinking this a bit sad. Sure, he was quick nearly 10 years ago but he's a limited driver these days and there are young guns out there: but they give it to a guy who, let's face it, won't ever win anything from here on.

I'm glad for him that he is back where he wants to be, but I think it's the wrong move for Williams.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

marmer

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 03:16
It seems I'm alone in thinking this a bit sad. Sure, he was quick nearly 10 years ago but he's a limited driver these days and there are young guns out there: but they give it to a guy who, let's face it, won't ever win anything from here on.

I'm glad for him that he is back where he wants to be, but I think it's the wrong move for Williams.
What if he proves to be just as quick as before. Williams will have a driver capable of getting them decent results and he could put himself inline for a top seat somewhere

Vasconia

marmer wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 07:56
Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 03:16

What if he proves to be just as quick as before. Williams will have a driver capable of getting them decent results and he could put himself inline for a top seat somewhere
And not only this, this return is like a mirrow where people in the same situation can find an icon to follow. A real example that you must not surrender.

zac510

What if he is out by Monaco 2019?

(Honestly I'm happy he's giving it a shot but I kind of agree with J_a_F that there's a lot of blind faith going on here).

Just_a_fan

I'll be impressed if any of the teams give Billy Monger a test drive. Making a car for a guy with prosthetic legs would be a real statement of inclusion.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

I have a real bad feeling he will wish he had not returned and kept his 'could have' tag.
But then, I hope he proves me wrong
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.