2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

A special message from Niki :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NathanOlder

Big pressure now then. No one has ever won 6 back to back double titles!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

It's like end of school term at Mercedes! :lol: =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sierra117

This is great.

NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Morteza

astracrazy

Sierra117 wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 15:47
This is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTkSwPRDEJI
I like this, its quiet refreshing. A driver or two on the grid could learn from this.

Sometimes the best battles on track come from when drivers respect each other. (Again a driver or two could learn that also)

zibby43

Toto discussing how Mercedes has increased its downforce targets for the 2019 car. Toto also hints at a new design with respect to the 2019 PU.

Also, I read an interesting *rumor* from someone that has a friend at Brixworth. Mercedes had a novel way of burning oil when the '18 season kicked off in Melbourne (supposedly it involved the piston heads). The FIA quietly asked Mercedes to ditch the design after Melbourne.

Ferrari found a way to continue burning oil over the course of the season, whereas Merc could not.

Just_a_fan

If Mercedes were asked not to play but Ferrari managed to anyway, then Mercedes should just run their system and let the politics play out in public.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

I wonder if anything could be read into the fact that Hewlett Packard parted company with Williams end of 2005?

They really seem to have a finger on the pulse and Mercedes definitely seem to believe they bring something.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

63l8qrrfy6

zibby43 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 23:26

Also, I read an interesting *rumor* from someone that has a friend at Brixworth. Mercedes had a novel way of burning oil when the '18 season kicked off in Melbourne (supposedly it involved the piston heads). The FIA quietly asked Mercedes to ditch the design after Melbourne.

Ferrari found a way to continue burning oil over the course of the season, whereas Merc could not.
That sounds very made up for a couple of reasons:
- All teams are allowed to burn the oil however they want provided they respect the imposed consumption limit.
- If there was such a device in the pistons it would have been impossible to just remove without breaking the engine FIA seals.

NathanOlder

Mudflap wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 01:09
zibby43 wrote:

That sounds very made up for a couple of reasons:
- All teams are allowed to burn the oil however they want provided they respect the imposed consumption limit.
- If there was such a device in the pistons it would have been impossible to just remove without breaking the engine FIA seals.
I thought you were allowed to break the engine seals with someone from the FIA present. So thats not a problem at all
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SiLo

Big Tea wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 00:32
I wonder if anything could be read into the fact that Hewlett Packard parted company with Williams end of 2005?

They really seem to have a finger on the pulse and Mercedes definitely seem to believe they bring something.
Hoping I will find out next week. Got invited to an HPE event at Merc HQ which includes a factory tour!
Felipe Baby!

lio007

zibby43 wrote:
Toto discussing how Mercedes has increased its downforce targets for the 2019 car. Toto also hints at a new design with respect to the 2019 PU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95f4iG ... .be&t=2238

Hm...at 39:14 he says the WT is running 24/7 ... quite hard to believe, considering the regulations.