Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Thunder

Re: Formula 1 announces 'F1 Fan voice' initiative

Ringleheim wrote:
26 May 2018, 11:00
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

Replace all Hermann Tilke tracks with good tracks.

Cut 200 kilos out of the bloated weight of the cars.

Allow qualifying engines and constant engine development throughout the season.

Allow mid-season testing as each team sees fit or can afford.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
They ask for Feedback on F1, not how to build a Fantasy racing Series. :wink:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Jolle

marmer wrote:
28 May 2018, 11:19
DiogoBrand wrote:
27 May 2018, 01:24
Ringleheim wrote:
Here's my fan voice!

Ditch the turbo/hybrid crap and go back to normal aspiration, with the teams being able to pick any number of cylinders they like but with a fixed displacement.

I.E., return F1 to F1! It's all way too close to Indycar these days for my taste!

Thank you!
Indy is way more exciting than F1 at the moment, what's the problem with F1 being closer to that? Apart from racing spec cars, I think F1 can ditch its arrogance and learn a few things from Indy.
Indy is good i just wish they would make it a world series then it would get much better drivers interested and more fans as currently tv coverage in the uk for example is on bt (small audience, pay extra to have the channel) who only share the american broadcast. while its ok for one race the way Americans commentate is not great for a uk person the term straight away really annoys me lol
They tried that, but somehow Europe isn't interested in another spec racing series with drivers that didn't make it to/didn't succeed in F1.

alesifan

A recent Autosport survey suggests F1 fans have 'voiced' their opinion about the current state of F1; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting the 1994 Benetton/Schumacher cheating allegations & politics

Website; www.1994f1.com

DiogoBrand

alesifan wrote:
30 May 2018, 06:20
A recent Autosport survey suggests F1 fans have 'voiced' their opinion about the current state of F1; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
What a big lump of manure. 10/15 years ago everyone already complained that there wasn't overtaking and excitement in Formula 1 anymore, and now it's the second most popular decade in history.
Give it 20 more years and I'm guessing the 2010's will be everyone's favorite decade in F1.
With stuff like that it's hard not to think that every F1 fan lives with their rose tinted glasses on.

Just_a_fan

It's just an indication of the age of the survey respondents, nothing more.

With the increasing move to F1 behind paywalls, future fans sre reliant on their parents having the right paywall. For the last 20 years, a kid could just turn on and watch. Now they need their patents to pay to watch it. If the parents don't already follow F1, they're unlikely to pay just for junior to try F1.

F1 has cut off its future fans before they've even had a chance to get interested.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Ringleheim

Thunder wrote:
28 May 2018, 11:34
Ringleheim wrote:
Here's my fan voice!

Thank you!
Most of my comments do pertain to the current state of F1.

Wrong engines, wrong rules governing engine development and testing prohibition, etc...

Giving a team 3 engines to last all season long in a 21 race year is about as far away from the spirit of F1 as you can get.

Engines lasting 3 laps for 15 extra bhp in qualy is what F1 is all about.

zac510

Ask 100 different fans "what F1 is all about" and you'll get 100 different replies.

adrianjordan

Ringleheim wrote:
31 May 2018, 08:30
Thunder wrote:
28 May 2018, 11:34
Ringleheim wrote:
Here's my fan voice!

Thank you!
Most of my comments do pertain to the current state of F1.

Wrong engines, wrong rules governing engine development and testing prohibition, etc...

Giving a team 3 engines to last all season long in a 21 race year is about as far away from the spirit of F1 as you can get.

Engines lasting 3 laps for 15 extra bhp in qualy is what F1 is all about.
In YOUR opinion...!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

My word that forum is like all the worst parts of this place with none of the good bits...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

oT v1

DiogoBrand wrote:
30 May 2018, 08:11

What a big lump of manure. 10/15 years ago everyone already complained that there wasn't overtaking and excitement in Formula 1 anymore, and now it's the second most popular decade in history.
Give it 20 more years and I'm guessing the 2010's will be everyone's favorite decade in F1.
With stuff like that it's hard not to think that every F1 fan lives with their rose tinted glasses on.
I thought 09/10/11(not so much with EBD, but it made for fascinating visual battle in design concepts) and 2012 were great seasons :)

2010 especially!

Re the topic...DRS style machine gun activation!
The Power of Dreams

coaster

Hated it at first, but now i realise they got it so right, 950hp, no refuel, 1.6t v6, capped oversquare, history will look kindly at the upheaval they went through.

nevill3

Just let the teams race, do whatever they like with whatever engine chassis aero the drivers can handle. Maybe put a cap on an overall budget or share the winnings more evenly across the entire field.

The rewards should not be about the prize fund but more the prestige of building and running the BEST car that year.
Reduce the prize fund so that the whole season is broadcast Free to Air to all countries, the sponsors would fill in the shortfall.
Reduce the exorbitant fees charged to the circuits who could then reduce the entry fees at the gates so more fans could watch trackside. Better for the advertisers/sponsors again.
Open up the online access to view the races to all countries, the fees they charged this year were OK but only available to countries who do not have a TV Paywall deal in place.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

PlatinumZealot

Bananas. We need bananas! Did i mention blue shells?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

This is how we know that F1 is truly doomed. The last thing they should be doing is listening to your average fan!
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 01:41
Bananas. We need bananas! Did i mention blue shells?

And Gold coins, must have gold coins with jingling sounds and stars.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.