A shoutout

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Manoah2u

Re: A shoutout

strad wrote:
02 May 2018, 19:13
Manoah
I don't know how I could have missed this thread .
Your story and others here show me that for all my conditions and problems they amount to nothing by comparison.
To you and all the others my sincerest best wishes and hope for the best of outcomes.
Don't look at it like that bud. Bad is bad. for example, as sad and bad as the situation is for/with my father - i'm 200% of opinion that a single mom, in a bad neighbourhood, trying to take care of 3 kids of which 1 or 2 has gone to hustling, has to pay the bills despite not having enough income, has to work the flesh off her bones, and simply can't get a break and doesn't even have the time to find or enjoy love or affection, which was not given to her in the first place, is in a much, much worse condition, especially if she then also gets diagnosed with a grave disease.

and at the same time, that doesn't mean that somebody really poor, in really poor circumstances, but in full health, does not have a very tough and hard life to have to walk 30 miles just to get water so they can live a day or perhaps 2 more, and repeat. (think about scorched earth parts of africa).

anyway, i think it's good from time to time to realise things could be worse, but that does not mean you shouldn't look at your own circumstances as not worth mentioning or standing still by. that's unfair for yourself and quite franklly, also unhealthy.

keep in there buddy.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

strad

I'll give an update now for the situation
A very intellectual approach but it must have hurt like hell to write that out.
Stay strong.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Manoah2u

So, an update here.

Just recieved notice that the caretaking location that takes care of my father,
whose condition has deteroiated rapidly the past weeks,
has began conditions of making him comfortable.
which means, he's in the final stages of his life. meaning, they give him weeks tops and are now administrating morfine to make it as comfortable as possible for him.

there is no diagnosis on what's going on. a few weeks, maximum months ago, he started declining in behaviour, started becoming agressive and violent, starting to tumble and fall. imo he had a setback of another TIA, a transient ischemic attack. so let's say a bloodcloth. he also refused to take care of himself, and doesn't recognise me or my sister anymore. it's not clear whether he is in a rapid stage of dementia, or something else, worse.

due to hygenic problems he also had a bladder an urinal infection. additionally he has severe pain in the throat and has problems swallowing.

now, he refuses to eat and drink. he doesn't want anything. wants to be left alone. mostly is sleeping and tired.
communication is as good as non-existant but he shows clear signs of fear and terror. it's heart-breaking.

they can't do a reasonable diagnostics because he's very weak and doesn't want anything, so he refuses getting help, and due to the sensitivity of his situation, especially neurologically, it's recommanded to keep him at ease as possible. also, to do a proper checking, there are no facilities at the location so he needs to be travelled to a hospital, which can't be done in just a short moment, and will have a gigantic impact on him mentally, and there is no clear indication what's going on.
he might be suffering from cancer, but to do a proper exam for that, again, is a big impact, and above all, there is no reasonable way to treat him, as he is too weak anyway for any treatment, so diagnosing him would prove more or less pointless.
he has had antibiotics, many other treatments but nothing works. meanwhile, he keeps deterioating so whilst it could be something bad like cancer, it might also 'just' be dementia. which is nothing minor, but in both cases, there are no reasonable remedies.

so long story short. my dad is entering his final stage of life. weeks at most.
meanwhile, some may have heared, i'm getting treatments again as my disease has returned aswell, so that's just great. just started getting some hair and fysics back. i'm positive on recovering again, but well, not something i was waiting for. add to that that my uncle, my dad's brother, has been diagnosed a year ago with prostate cancer and treatments aren't working, and he's been given a few months now at best.

so to all those out there. yeah. this friggin sucks.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

strad

Manoah; I can't say how sad this latest news makes me. As I sit here I feel like crying. It really sucks. I guess in part because a friend of mine just lost his father. So I feel how terrible your situation is. Really truly sorry man.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Manoah2u

my dad died in my arms today

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i feel broken

gngr

Just read through this thread and man, I'm crying here. My deepest condolences...

strad

Sorry man. My deepest and most sincere condolences.
Sir Stirling Moss

WaikeCU

Sorry to hear Manoah. My deepest condolences to you and your family.