2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
GPR-A

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Iannone's expression (just his view) after the fall was like he felt cheated! It would been such a consolation for him if MM would have also got crashed. Iannone must have felt like Matt Damon in downsizing after his partner betrayed! :lol:

J.A.W.

Final G.P. of the season at Valencia, & while Vinales took pole in soaking wet conditions, he could not stay
rubber-side down during the race, (along with most of the field, inc' M.M.).

The race got so inundated & became such a 'crash fest' - that it was red-flagged, & on the restart,
'old man' Rossi was again in contention for victory, 'til he also crashed out, while Dovi kept his cool, & won.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Nonserviam85

Pol Espargaro heroics and KTM's first podium was the highlight of the last race.

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 15:01
Pol Espargaro heroics and KTM's first podium was the highlight of the last race.
Yes, and that was after crashing and re-joining the track! :wtf: =D> =D>

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 19:17
Nonserviam85 wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 15:01
Yes, and that was after crashing and re-joining the track! :wtf: =D> =D>
lol, lucky for the red flag I guess otherwise it would have been a wasted opportunity
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

strad

Reigning Formula 1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton took part in a private test aboard Yamaha Superbikes prepared by the Crescent World Superbike team this week, but suffered a small crash.

Hamilton has made no secret for his passion of bikes and motorcycle racing, and in recent years has become brand ambassador for Italian marque MV Agusta – who made a special edition of its F4 Superbike, known as the LH 44.

The Briton took to the Jerez circuit in Spain, which last week played host to WSBK and MotoGP testing, on Saturday on YZF-R1s prepared by Yamaha's official WSBK outfit Crescent Racing.

While not much information has surfaced about the test, Italian outlet Gazzetta dello sport reported WSBK rider Alex Lowes acted as coach to Hamilton.

The day was not without incident, however, as Hamilton reportedly crashed going through the right-hander Turn 5 of Sito Pons, though walked away unscathed from the tumble.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

CMSMJ1

I was also riding at Jerez last weekend. I also crashed :o

LH kept himself to himself and was bobbing around in the middle group being chaperoned by the Pata Yamaha boys. He was running 1m55s kind of pace. I was up to 2m03 before I had s brake pad failure and had to jump off the bike before turn 6. I hit the wall at 85mph and am a lucky dude.

Fair do to him to come play with us lot. He really got a bit of stick for not engaging at all with the rest of the trackday crowd.

Good times.

Random trace of my crash. Broke my toe, foot really sore, knee and shoulder knackered. Black eyes, lumps on head and generally buggered.

https://flic.kr/p/RcaaCu
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

strad

I assume the loading your bike into the trash bin picture didn't strike you as funny or not as funny as your mates. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

CMSMJ1

strad wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 04:16
I assume the loading your bike into the trash bin picture didn't strike you as funny or not as funny as your mates. :wink:
It was scrap though :) The frame was snapped, wheel cracked and into the engine so it couldn't be moved and so getting it home involved getting it collected by the fork lift..they thought is was the most comedy thing ever!

Oh well - I survived and get another moto in 2 weeks... 8)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

strad

Glad you are ok. :wink:
Sir Stirling Moss

etusch

NathanOlder

Best part of the presentation was the old bikes of Mick and Alex on the stage.

The 2019 Honda..... same as before :-"

The 2019 Factory Ducati on the other hand =D> =D> =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

AMG.Tzan

So Honda now has the two active riders that have dominated MotoGP since 2010...even Stoner was with Honda in 2011! For sure that's the greatest line-up in a long time. I'm so excited about this season!!

Some predictions:

1. Dovizioso will win the championship! I think without Lorenzo at Ducati he will be very strong on a very strong bike. On the other hand there is a chance Honda will now be unbeatable with this line-up but...let's see!

2. One of these two (Marc or Jorge) will leave Honda after 2020! Probably whoever comes 2nd...but i believe even if Marc wins this duel he will be on a Ducati or a KTM in 2021 just for a new challenge!!

And one last question: Marquez twitted some time ago that he will use No 1 this year! Is that the case? Because in the presentation earlier his bike had 93 on it!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

NathanOlder

AMG.Tzan wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 12:52

And one last question: Marquez twitted some time ago that he will use No 1 this year! Is that the case? Because in the presentation earlier his bike had 93 on it!
No, he will use 93, he posted that on the Spanish equivalent of April Fools day.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.