Posted today: https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/118
5.4.1 Engine is free except following restrictions:
• Only Petrol 4 stroke engines with reciprocating pistons are permitted.
• Engine cubic capacity is free
• Engine must not have more than two inlet and two exhaust valves per cylinder.
- Only reciprocating poppet valves with axial displacement are permitted.
- The sealing interface between the moving valve component and the stationary engine component must be
- Electromagnetic and hydraulic valve actuation systems are forbidden.
• Variable geometry devices are not allowed except for the engine of the make for parts that remain exactly as
homologated for the original engine.
5.4.2 The rear power train performance must be declared and homologated according to the procedure detailed in
Article 22.1 of these regulations.
The rear power train power must not exceed 508 kW.
For the 2020-2021 and the 2021-2022 championship seasons, the rear power train BSFC must stay above 235 g/kWh.
From the 2022-2023 championship season onwards, the rear power train BSFC must stay above 225 g/kWh.
5.4.3 For the 2020-2021 and the 2021-2022 championship seasons, fuel mass flow must not exceed Q (kg/h) =
minimum(132.7 x N(rpm) / Nmax(rpm) ; 119.4) with Nmax the maximum rpm declared during the homologation of the
From the 2022-2023 championship season onwards, fuel mass flow must not exceed Q (kg/h) = minimum(127.0 x N(rpm)
/ Nmax(rpm) ; 114.3) with Nmax the maximum rpm declared during the homologation of the engine.
The mass of fuel used per stint must not exceed M (kg) defined by the Endurance Committee.
5.4.4 With the exception of incidental leakage through joints (either into or out of the system) all and only the air
entering the engine inlet must enter the combustion chambers.
5.5 MGU-K specification
In all cases, the MGU-K, as defined in the relevant column of the ERS table of appendix 2 of these regulations, must be
• either with the rules imposed to the MGU-K of the make;
• or entirely with the rest of these regulations.
5.6 MGU-K of the make
5.6.1 Conditions imposed on the MGU-K of the make:
Identical to the conditions imposed to the MGU-K in these regulations with the specificities listed in Articles 5.6.2, 5.6.3
5.6.2 Origin of the MGU-K of the make
The MGU-K of the make is a series production MGU-K that meets the following conditions:
Règlement Technique LMP 2020 / 2020 LMP Technical Regulations
22/106 CMSA / WMSC 05.12.2018
Publié le / Published on 05.12.2018
• At least 25 identical MGU-Ks identical to the ones destined for the series production car homologated for road use
equipped with this MGU-K must have been produced;
• One complete MGU-K is desposited with the FIA/ACO.
• At least 25 identical series production car homologated for road use equipped with this exact same MGU-K are
produced by the end of the year of the first season this engine is competing in.
• At least 100 identical series production car homologated for road use equipped with this exact same MGU-K are
produced by the end of the year of the second season this exact same MGU-K is competing in.
• The original MGU-K is homologated with FIA/ACO.
No modifications are allowed.
The use of two MGU-K of the make connected each to one side of the front drivetrain is authorised.
The rotational speed of the MGU-K of the make is free.
The laminate thickness of the MGU-K of the make is free.
The MGU-K of the make is not subject to Article 5.19.
The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to a mechanical differential linked to the front wheels
of the car. This mechanical link must be of fixed speed ratio to the front wheels.
The mechanical differential must have a unique and homologated ramp.
The rotational speed of the MGU-K may not exceed 25,000 rpm.
The electrical DC power of the MGU-K may not exceed 200 kW.
Electrical DC measurements will be used to monitor the maximum MGU-K power.
The electrical DC energy released by the ERS system on the circuit of Le Mans may not exceed per lap E (MJ) = [0.36 x
track length (km)].
The electrical DC energy released by the ERS system on the other circuits may not exceed per lap E (MJ) = [0.50 x track
Electrical DC measurements will be used to monitor the maximum ERS Energy released.
The laminate thickness of the MGU-K may not be less than 0.1 mm.