2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

lio007 wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 15:06

Hm...at 39:14 he says the WT is running 24/7 ... quite hard to believe, considering the regulations.
I think you are taking him to literally, I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean switched on time.
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

SiLo wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 14:24
Big Tea wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 00:32
I wonder if anything could be read into the fact that Hewlett Packard parted company with Williams end of 2005?

They really seem to have a finger on the pulse and Mercedes definitely seem to believe they bring something.
Hoping I will find out next week. Got invited to an HPE event at Merc HQ which includes a factory tour!
Nice =D>
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TAG

zibby43 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 23:26
Toto discussing how Mercedes has increased its downforce targets for the 2019 car. Toto also hints at a new design with respect to the 2019 PU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95f4iG ... .be&t=2238
I watched this video yesterday, around the 25:00 minute mark there's a lot of technical stuff being discussed by Lewis about how the data crunching capacity to get usable info in front of a screen between Q attempts, about analysis of tire deg that used to take two or three days can now be delivered in one. Certain pieces of info here is really worth sitting through. Not just a sponsor rah rah session.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

63l8qrrfy6

SiLo wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 14:24
Big Tea wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 00:32
I wonder if anything could be read into the fact that Hewlett Packard parted company with Williams end of 2005?

They really seem to have a finger on the pulse and Mercedes definitely seem to believe they bring something.
Hoping I will find out next week. Got invited to an HPE event at Merc HQ which includes a factory tour!
It's really good, if you get picked up from reception I'd recommend getting there early to have a good look at the 2015/ 2016 engines which are displayed just as you walk in. Also just behind the reception desk there is a 500i and a F1 V8 too, these are a bit out of the way and many visitors don't get to see them.

Then into the restaurant make sure to check out the current era pistons, turbo wheels and finger followers as well as another F1 V8.

If you are given the shop floor tour there is another nice display just as you leave the restaurant showing a V8 head, block and crank.

The building across the road from reception has Rosberg's championship winning engine displayed on the rop floor.

They have a few older F1 cars above the reception, on the restaurant wall and on the ground floor of the building with Rosberg's engine.

zibby43

TAG wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 21:00
zibby43 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 23:26
Toto discussing how Mercedes has increased its downforce targets for the 2019 car. Toto also hints at a new design with respect to the 2019 PU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95f4iG ... .be&t=2238
I watched this video yesterday, around the 25:00 minute mark there's a lot of technical stuff being discussed by Lewis about how the data crunching capacity to get usable info in front of a screen between Q attempts, about analysis of tire deg that used to take two or three days can now be delivered in one. Certain pieces of info here is really worth sitting through. Not just a sponsor rah rah session.
Yep, I thought that was very interesting as well.

As you said, this wasn't purely sponsorship advertising. It was a very enjoyable interview with 2 key members of the team.

Would love to see more content like this. I'm always on the lookout.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

adrianjordan

Unless I missed it, how is Lewis not getting a New Year's honour?? He's become one of the 3 most successful F1 drivers EVER and is far and away the most successful British F1 driver....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

He got an MBE a while ago which TPTB probably consider enough.

Shame he isn't in a drug-soaked sport like cycling or a sport favoured by the establishment like tennis. Then he could have had a higher award or even a knighthood.

I guess he'll get a knighthood once he retires.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 15:26
He got an MBE a while ago which TPTB probably consider enough.

Shame he isn't in a drug-soaked sport like cycling or a sport favoured by the establishment like tennis. Then he could have had a higher award or even a knighthood.

I guess he'll get a knighthood once he retires.
I reckon its probably the tax avoidance with the purchase of his Jet.

Also, I didn't realise he had an MBE ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 23:29
I reckon its probably the tax avoidance with the purchase of his Jet.

Also, I didn't realise he had an MBE ?
Unlikely. The entirely legal avoidance of tax won't worry the people who make the decisions on honours...they all do it! :lol:

Jolle

It would be quite fun to have "Sir Lewis" in interviews and graphics.

But I don't think that the tax thing plays any part, tax avoidance in F1 is part of its glamour (they all live in a small apartment in Monaco because of the weather right?)

I guess normally they don't knight active sports people but save it when they retire.

Just_a_fan

They knighted Andy Murray while he is still active. He also has an OBE compared to Hamilton's lesser MBE.

Murray has been much less successful than Hamilton but he is the only Brit to win Wimbledon in many decades so obviously rates a knighthood. Or something.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 15:26
They knighted Andy Murray while he is still active. He also has an OBE compared to Hamilton's lesser MBE.

Murray has been much less successful than Hamilton but he is the only Brit to win Wimbledon in many decades so obviously rates a knighthood. Or something.
But Hamilton's is for Mercedes Benz Engine, so he is happy
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Yeah sorry, meant Tax evasion.

Lots are involved in Tax avoidance, as its legal. Tax evasion isn't legal and thats what Lewis was done for with the Jet. I think ??
And that will get you removed from any Honours List I'm sure.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC