Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
foxmulder_ms

Re: Moving F1-Staff

jjn9128 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 00:49
Steven wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 23:50
Laurent Mekies (previously deputy F1 safety director) is set to join Ferrari
https://www.f1technical.net/news/21549
Was wondering if anyone would mention this. Seems to be a blow for the FIA - he looked to be being groomed as Whiting's replacement. Bit of a brain drain going on at the FIA after Budkowski's exit.
A Lannister always pays his debts. "Thank you" for Baku. hahahaaa

3jawchuck

foxmulder_ms wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 17:27
jjn9128 wrote:
Steven wrote:
Was wondering if anyone would mention this. Seems to be a blow for the FIA - he looked to be being groomed as Whiting's replacement. Bit of a brain drain going on at the FIA after Budkowski's exit.
What do you mean?

santos

foxmulder_ms wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 17:27
jjn9128 wrote:
Steven wrote:
So, Budkowski is being paid for what? You must know something, right?

foxmulder_ms

I mean FIA and many teams lead by Ferrari are all corrupt. 8) :twisted:

ripper

foxmulder_ms wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 06:14
I mean FIA and many teams lead by Ferrari are all corrupt. 8) :twisted:
Here you are sir:

related to your nickname

foxmulder_ms

I love that poster.. tnx for sharing.

If you believe Formula is a fair organization, free of corruption then you extremely naive. All sporting organizations are exceptionally corrupt. Formula is absolutely no different. Transfers like this is the easiest way of "bribing" people. Ferrari's domination in FIA is very obvious, how do you think this happens.? Classic example of corruption this transfer is :)

ripper

Well last season I remember oil&double tank ban, scimitar and flexing floor fix, closable front blown axle ban... So I guess that your idea of domination is a little off

lio007

Just read, that Dirk de Beer left Williams...seems to be some tough time in Grove.

Manoah2u

Can't be mourning much about that.

The entire Williams team is a mess and laugh.
The only real solution will be giving Claire the boot.
Atleast Sauber finally took appropriate action and ousted Kaltenborn. You'd think people'd take note but i guess not.
Anyway, a lot of change needs to happen at Williams, so really, not mourning Beer leaving.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dfegan358

Williams in big trouble. Heard during 2018 they were having trouble sourcing sponsors. With Lawrence stroll now taking his money to Racing Point and Martini pulled out.

Hopefully they can secure some funds because car is very poor and staff seem
To be leaving.

cramr

An experienced Aero member from Sauber with a high position has also left the team in the recent days

lio007

cramr wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 16:11
An experienced Aero member from Sauber with a high position has also left the team in the recent days
Do you also know where he is going to end up?
It's amazing how many engineers switch camps.
E.g. 2 Senior Aero guys from Ferrari joined Red Bull in February this year. And that's literally just the tip of the iceberg.

What happened to Tim Goss and Matt Morris, btw?

ScottR267

Evening ladies and gents,

New poster here however avid reader over the last couple of years. Some really interesting points raised by the lot of you over a variety of threads.

I’m very interested with the engineer movements of teams, however with the exception of the big names have never been able to find out other team movements across the teams, however the information here from previous years made compelling reading.

As per the below, McLaren still not done with their technical team and still looking at further movements. I’ve seen the rumours concerning Andreas Seidl however does anyone have any other potential candidates that they’ve heard?

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/911755/1/ ... estructure

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 09:54

Atleast Sauber finally took appropriate action and ousted Kaltenborn. You'd think people'd take note but i guess not.
Anyway, a lot of change needs to happen at Williams, so really, not mourning Beer leaving.
When you target Claire then Kaltenborn...you start to sound like a sexist. Add that Claire doesn't go to all GPs. In 2018 they added Patty Lowe from Merc as CFO to rebuild....well your comments are 1 year 2 late.

lio007

diffuser wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 19:27
Manoah2u wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 09:54

When you target Claire then Kaltenborn...you start to sound like a sexist. Add that Claire doesn't go to all GPs. In 2018 they added Patty Lowe from Merc as CFO to rebuild....well your comments are 1 year 2 late.
There were some new hirings from Mercedes and McLaren at Williams in the past months. Unfortunately I didn't take a note about position and time.