2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marmer

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

fellowhoodlums wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 14:31
As long as the Honda engine is at least matching Renault by Melbourne then RBR will be happy.
i think they already have the power of the Renault just lacking in proven reliablity

HPD

Marko: "For the first time we can also celebrate with a 'party mode'! \:D/

godlameroso

I wonder if by now the Honda PU is evolved enough to not hamper the RB 15 chassis. I imagine Honda knows where they can be less conservative relative to last year's engine. Maybe the dyno issues are relating to them being too ambitious with packaging?
Saishū kōnā

Jaisonas

The Honda PU is quite more compact than the renault one RB used, so they shouldnt have any issues fitting it in.

gandharva

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... afen-2019/
However, those responsible expect the aggressive further development to come at a price. It comes at the expense of reliability. "We expect five engines for the season," Marko reveals. This means that the drivers would have to reckon with starting place penalties in two races. "If you use the engine penalties wisely, the damage will be minimal. Performance is more important".
Exactly what I was expecting. I think, if Renault had allowed them, they would have done this in the past years too.

bauc

gandharva wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 10:52
However, those responsible expect the aggressive further development to come at a price. It comes at the expense of reliability. "We expect five engines for the season," Marko reveals. This means that the drivers would have to reckon with starting place penalties in two races. "If you use the engine penalties wisely, the damage will be minimal. Performance is more important".
Exactly what I was expecting. I think, if Renault had allowed them, they would have done this in the past years too.
MGU-H & MGU-K are Honda's Achilles heel, despite the vibrations the ICE was more or less ok! So RBR with good management might be able to run with just 5 PU packages in 2019, it will definitively be a interesting to see.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

gandharva wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 10:52
5 power unit per season is best rule for f1 for me. 3 engine rule is not good. Whatever.
It is a logical plan to finish season with 5 engine. One of these two penalties, they can choose to go back of the grid if needed and they can add one extra engine to the pool for an unexpected issue.
I also wonder when Honda planning to update the engine in season

HPD

GP de Australia____________1PU
GP de Baréin
GP de China
GP de Azerbaiyán
GP de España______________2PU
GP de Mónaco
GP de Canadá
GP de Francia
GP de Austria
GP de Gran Bretaña________3PU
GP de Alemania
GP de Hungría
GP de Bélgica
GP de Italia_______________4PU
GP de Singapur
GP de Rusia
GP de Japón______________5PU
GP de México
GP de Estados Unidos
GP de Brasil
GP de Abu Dabi

I do not know ... they look for circuits where it is easy to overtake.

Alexf1

Probably nr 5 in Russia to avoid a penalty in Japan like they did this year with spec3 intro

NathanOlder

especially if they are competitive this year. Honda will want to win in Japan, So starting at the back is not an option.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Capharol

depending on the standing in WDC they coud even take the penalty in Mexico, they always preform well there and it isn't that hard to overtake

etusch

I guess 3 engines for first half. If one of these 3 is still usable, 2 updated PUs for second half if not 3 updated for second half

Big Tea

Dependant of course on estimates of when work in the pipe will be road ready. I assume there will be flexibility to move a scheduled slot on or back depending on results from tests
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ME4ME

Also surely they'll fully exploit the possibility to use Toro Rosso as a test team for Honda's upgrades.

An occurance like Russia 2018 were the new PU wasn't ready to be raced shouldn't happen to Red Bull this season. Toro Rosso can make sure a new specification is fully race-ready, mapped and optimized before Red Bull put it in. At least they will know that they get value for the penalties they eventually take.

HPD

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 14:44
especially if they are competitive this year. Honda will want to win in Japan, So starting at the back is not an option.
I completely forgot Suzuka #-o