2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1rules

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

i think we will hear something soon, they are probably working on the details, so complete new organisation, Seidl + Key can be presented

RonDennis

Haha.

Great news in my opinion.

f1rules

absolutely, great news!! they need more german in the team :-) in my opinion, and this one have first hand knowledge, and a proven track record of putting teams together that succeed, great appointment Zak!

Xero

Another good appointment for McLaren! Credit to Zak Brown, he's brought in some top personnel over the past year. Gives some hope and belief that they will return to the front over the coming years.

bauc

Great news, I'm starting to believe in Zak's ability to lead this team back to where it belongs =D>

Zak's 5 year plan to return MCL to winning ways
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... sEa0a.html
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

KingHamilton01

Key next, wonder if they will wait until MCL34 Launch to announce him??
McLaren Mercedes

M840TR

KingHamilton01 wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 16:44
Middle of the year.

bauc

KingHamilton01 wrote:
They already did, but he will not join the team till mid this season

https://twitter.com/f1/status/1022427789302132736

Mansell89

Well at last some defined leadership.

Seidl to oversee, Key to drive design performance, Pat Frys experience and Prodromou on the aero.

It looks, on paper, like a serious rebuild. Let’s hope they all drive one another on and build a great racing team that fights back against these “works” teams in an engine dominated era.

RonDennis

Renowned as a perfectionist, who could operate with a serenity amid intense pressure, his input was viewed as essential in helping Porsche become a major force again.

The leadership skills, technical understanding and political savviness stood out as strong qualities, and those qualities will allow him to instantly slot in as a link between McLaren's senior management and the technical, operational and production sides.

One man who worked closely with Seidl is former Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley, and the he has no doubts his old boss has the right qualities to succeed in grand prix racing.

"He's definitely capable," said Hartley, speaking before confirmation of Seidl's move to McLaren.

"I have a huge amount of respect for Andreas and he has a great feel of how to get the best out of people.

"I was really lucky to work with him in Porsche, and any team that he's going to will be very lucky to have him.

"I have no doubt he will have a positive influence. He's a top professional. He has a really good feel for how to get the most out of people and he was a big part of our success in Porsche."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14095 ... ired-seidl

mclaren111

I told you guys last year Zak will get things right...

Motorsport.com:
Seidl also arrives at a time when McLaren has undertaken a roots and branch analysis of why things went so wrong last year.

As COO Roberts explained before the winter break, the team ended 2018 with a much greater level of understanding about what it needed to do.

“We reviewed the management team, the engineering management team, and the whole ethos within the team is different,” he said. “I am not saying what was there before was bad or wrong, but the world moves on, the formula moves on.

“The regulations don’t make it any easier. So we’ve been looking at ourselves, how the team works, whether we have the right people in the right places and there’s been quite a lot of movement.”

McLaren’s analysis even went as far as its systems and wind tunnel – just to make sure that there was no surprise element that was tripping it up.

“We are pushing boundaries of what tunnels and CFD can do,” added Roberts. “We measure stuff at the track, and instrument the cars up, particularly on Fridays. It’s a whole science.

“That has to work in parallel with the tunnel, and that is all part of that has been re-evaluation. Have we used the right tools and techniques in the R&D side of it? We’ve left no stone unturned. If you miss the one thing that’s having you over then the car flawed.”

Lets hope this year is a good start to their comeback...

KingHamilton01

bauc wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 17:37
KingHamilton01 wrote:

Exactly as in McLaren uniform and presented to us, I knew he had joined obviously! #-o
McLaren Mercedes

KingHamilton01

mclaren111 wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 06:36
I told you guys last year Zak will get things right...

Motorsport.com:
Seidl also arrives at a time when McLaren has undertaken a roots and branch analysis of why things went so wrong last year.

As COO Roberts explained before the winter break, the team ended 2018 with a much greater level of understanding about what it needed to do.

“We reviewed the management team, the engineering management team, and the whole ethos within the team is different,” he said. “I am not saying what was there before was bad or wrong, but the world moves on, the formula moves on.

“The regulations don’t make it any easier. So we’ve been looking at ourselves, how the team works, whether we have the right people in the right places and there’s been quite a lot of movement.”

McLaren’s analysis even went as far as its systems and wind tunnel – just to make sure that there was no surprise element that was tripping it up.

“We are pushing boundaries of what tunnels and CFD can do,” added Roberts. “We measure stuff at the track, and instrument the cars up, particularly on Fridays. It’s a whole science.

“That has to work in parallel with the tunnel, and that is all part of that has been re-evaluation. Have we used the right tools and techniques in the R&D side of it? We’ve left no stone unturned. If you miss the one thing that’s having you over then the car flawed.”

Lets hope this year is a good start to their comeback...
McLaren have left no stone unturned in there objective to start operating more smoothly and making sure that everyone is on the same page and that everyone reports to the right person. Furthermore I am really pleased to see that McLaren brought Seidl in and made sure he is aware of how McLaren are transitioning and more than likely asking for his opinion in certain area's.

These changes being put in place need time to bear fruits and I am sure McLaren haven't finished recruiting, but from what I have seen things are going in the right direction and positive vibes coming from more journalists and staff.
McLaren Mercedes

bauc

KingHamilton01 wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 14:24
bauc wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 17:37
KingHamilton01 wrote:

Exactly as in McLaren uniform and presented to us, I knew he had joined obviously! #-o
Show me a photo of Seidl in Mclaren team gear, announcement is announcement