New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Morteza

Re: New Videos

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NathanOlder

Oh how I don't miss James Allen! His commentary in that video on Button and Vettels wins makes me cringe. How anyone can complain about Crofty I don't know. Just listen to James Allen. Bad times.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

cplchanb

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 00:58
Oh how I don't miss James Allen! His commentary in that video on Button and Vettels wins makes me cringe. How anyone can complain about Crofty I don't know. Just listen to James Allen. Bad times.
croft sounds like he reads out of a script every time. His lights out phrase is so generic everytime and he has no creative word bank other than oh dear.... at least JA was genuinely enthusiastic about the race like Murray was.

NathanOlder

Murray said the same thing at the start and everyone liked it. James Allen at the start screams like its the winning penalty in the world cup final. No way was he better than David Croft.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

strad

Isn't it Croft that does a lot of screaming on SKY? It's not just Ted is it?
It's like all the British announcers seem to yell like it's the winning goal in soccer.
That's part of my gripe about the SKY coverage. The false excitement over every little nothing.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

cplchanb

strad wrote:
14 Jan 2019, 22:14
Isn't it Croft that does a lot of screaming on SKY? It's not just Ted is it?
It's like all the British announcers seem to yell like it's the winning goal in soccer.
That's part of my gripe about the SKY coverage. The false excitement over every little nothing.
to each their own, but i rather enjoy enthusiasm that isnt scripted like croft's. surely there can be different ways to call a start than ILOaAWG every time

strad

i rather enjoy enthusiasm
I like enthusiasm but I don't like phony forced excitement because somebody starts an engine or pulls out of the pits.
I'd rather reserve over the top excitement for when there is really something to be excited over. All the screaming wears on me and really reduces my enjoyment.
I have spoken to many who kill the volume on the TV to shut them up.
That said you if enjoy the SKY broadcasts that's fine. Different strokes and all that.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Capharol

strad wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 02:26
I like enthusiasm but I don't like phony forced excitement because somebody starts an engine or pulls out of the pits.
I'd rather reserve over the top excitement for when there is really something to be excited over. All the screaming wears on me and really reduces my enjoyment.
That said you if enjoy the SKY broadcasts that's fine. Different strokes and all that.
well believe me Crofty, Ted & Co. are 1000x better then what they have in Germany or even on Dutch TV

NathanOlder

strad wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 02:26
You obviously never watched the UK coverage through the James Allen times. Like I was originally saying, James Allen in 1000x more loud and shouty that Crofty,

as I said, If you don't like Crofty, just count yourself lucky that you didnt have to listen to Allen.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Just_a_fan

Yeah, James Allen was the pits as far as commentary goes. Dreadful, truly dreadful.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

strad

Nathan I wasn't clear I guess.
I don't like for anyone to use that style of commentating. James Allen or anyone else. Walker used to wear on me as well.
Sir Stirling Moss

cplchanb

strad wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 21:33
Nathan I wasn't clear I guess.
I don't like for anyone to use that style of commentating. James Allen or anyone else. Walker used to wear on me as well.
i would be interested in seeing what example clips of commentators you prefer....

strad

I would like the last crew we had here in the U.S. but I would exchange Hobbs for Brundle.
I would add Varsha in place of Leigh Diffey or even both. I quite like Varsha as he always studied intensely and I never noticed the problem someone mentioned about him mispronouncing names.
The old SpeedVision crew would do nicely.
Anyone who didn't scream as if everything was as exciting as championship winning score in soccer would be an improvement.
Sir Stirling Moss

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza