F1 Book pricing

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Brian.G

F1 Book pricing

Imagine a 600 page book, with approx 350 colour photos, done in the style of my threads on here...with a chapter dedicated to each part(without getting crazy), thats a laptop sized book and say an inch thick.

Of all the F1 engine books I have that are written in a so called 'indepth way' they all disappoint on details and end up full of photos of the actual car and no nitty gritty details....

So the question....what would people pay for said book.... is the 80euro bracket too high?

Before anyone says it....I know writing a book does not result in profit, especially in this niche topic. The book alone from looking online would cost about 35-40 euro just to physically print and bind.

Brian,
If you think you cant, you wont, If you think you can, you will

Greg Locock

Re: F1 Book pricing

Peter Wright's Ferrari book currently sells for $218 new, I think 80 euros is feasible, if it is as good as that.

saviour stivala

When is the much awaited new article about F1 engine dry-sump/scavenge systems coming up?.

Brian.G

Thanks for feedback folks,

Brian,
If you think you cant, you wont, If you think you can, you will

coaster

I will gladly pay 100usd, could you include behind the scenes stuff also like test rigs, cad images and reverse engineering?

But i do have concerns, will you need to own the rights or permissions from cosworth?
Maybe they will get in on the act? Assist you?

Best of luck with it, cant wait.

AngusF1

Would certainly buy at that price.