2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

GoranF1 wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 20:58
Interesting last tweet from Manu Franco though.
What tweet?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GoranF1
GoranF1

ringo wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 21:08
Alonsos pay can go towards developing the car, i doubt Mclaren will take him back.
However replying to a previous post'; i woudlnt count mclaren out from winning a race. I think they can build a race winning car if the renualt engine is close enough to the ferrari and mercedes and if the chassis is at least as good as the mercedes chassis.
I don't think there is anything stopping them from making a really good car that can sneak a win.
And i say this with the backdrop of what pirrelli are doing with the tyres.
The tyres to me were the main reasons why the big spending teams were so far ahead. They had more resources to actively analyze the tyres.
If the tyres are simpler to understand, which they will be next year, we will see the gap close further with between the midfield and the front.
Mclaren must build a dominant car in order to win in 2019 because it has 2 good but still avg drivers.
We know Sainz is good but we also know Verstapen is better.
We suspect Norris is good but we know Russell is better.
If Mclaren build a good car and think they could build a winning car in '20 they will need Alonso back, these 2 aint gonna cut it.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

GoranF1 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 01:40
ringo wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 21:08
Alonsos pay can go towards developing the car, i doubt Mclaren will take him back.
However replying to a previous post'; i woudlnt count mclaren out from winning a race. I think they can build a race winning car if the renualt engine is close enough to the ferrari and mercedes and if the chassis is at least as good as the mercedes chassis.
I don't think there is anything stopping them from making a really good car that can sneak a win.
And i say this with the backdrop of what pirrelli are doing with the tyres.
The tyres to me were the main reasons why the big spending teams were so far ahead. They had more resources to actively analyze the tyres.
If the tyres are simpler to understand, which they will be next year, we will see the gap close further with between the midfield and the front.
Mclaren must build a dominant car in order to win in 2019 because it has 2 good but still avg drivers.
We know Sainz is good but we also know Verstapen is better.
If Mclaren build a good car and think they could build a winning car in '20 they will need Alonso back, these 2 aint gonna cut it.
Because of the results in F2?
Saishū kōnā

Chicane
Chicane

Lando Norris has done far more extensive testing in a F1 car both on and off race weekends than Russell. Norris in F2 was with Carlin who were still finding their feet. Norris struggled to understand the tyres in F2. Next year Pirelli has gone conservative with tyre choices which will work in his favor.

Driving techniques needed for F2 and F1 are significantly different. I think Norris has what it takes to cut it in f1. Mclaren wouldn't have hired him if he didn't have the requisite speed. Anyways we are going off topic now.
Quickshifter

Lucky
Lucky

GoranF1 wrote:
I know that Norris is much better than Russell.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Chicane wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 07:34
Lando Norris has done far more extensive testing in a F1 car both on and off race weekends than Russell. Norris in F2 was with Carlin who were still finding their feet. Norris struggled to understand the tyres in F2. Next year Pirelli has gone conservative with tyre choices which will work in his favor.

Driving techniques needed for F2 and F1 are significantly different. I think Norris has what it takes to cut it in f1. Mclaren wouldn't have hired him if he didn't have the requisite speed. Anyways we are going off topic now.
I agree, I don't think you can say Russell is better because he won F2. Mclaren have been sensible with Lando, with the time he's had in the car on race weekends. He's times were respectable, especially since Mclaren said they weren't going for lap times.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Vasconia

M840TR wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 16:06
_cerber1 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 14:17
Apparently, not a major sponsor.
Even 'small' sponsors in F1 are worth at least 2-3 million, especially for big names like Mclaren.
I would say that I have seen somewhere its around 1 million, but I have to check it out.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Lucky wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 08:51
GoranF1 wrote:
I know that Norris is much better than Russell.
You couldnt be more wrong, time will tell.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jolle
Jolle

Like I said, expect a stream of these kinds of rumers the coming years to keep McLaren "hot" for possible investors.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jolle wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 16:13
Like I said, expect a stream of these kinds of rumers the coming years to keep McLaren "hot" for possible investors.
Dont think so...know him to well, he wants 3rd title.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I have new challenges to face with the right tools to win, while in formula one there were no conditions to do the same. I do not have plans for 2020.

Alonso told the Italian newspaper.

don't make more out of it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 21:23
I have new challenges to face with the right tools to win, while in formula one there were no conditions to do the same. I do not have plans for 2020.

It would be unwise to read too much into this. It's not like he called a press conference declaring his intention to return to F1. A lot of these comments are usually prompted by the interviewer, leaving very little wiggle room.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Ground Effect wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 22:03
Manoah2u wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 21:23

It would be unwise to read too much into this. It's not like he called a press conference declaring his intention to return to F1. A lot of these comments are usually prompted by the interviewer, leaving very little wiggle room.
If he finds a competitive drive he will be back, if he doesn’t he won’t. It is that simple

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum