Bosch Lapsim older versions

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
fausto cedros

Bosch Lapsim older versions

Hi guys
i desperately need Bosch Lapsim but it´s no longer free and i cannot afford the price. I know the first versions of the software were free (between 2004 and 2009) so if anyone has the installation files and would be so kind to help me i would highly appreciate it.
Please help me.
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman

Greg Locock

Re: Bosch Lapsim older versions

what OS are you running?

Greg Locock

I've got a zip file for an old lapsim but it won't load in 7 or 10

andylaurence

The old free versions have a 32-bit installer. If you can break the files out of the installer, then you can run the executable manually on a 64-bit system. I remember doing this about 8 years ago when I moved to 64-biut Vista...

Greg Locock

well that'll give me something to do at the weekend- not that i haven't got anything else to do.

graham.reeds

If you are running Win8 Pro or Win10 then just create a VM in HyperV and use that.

Greg Locock

great so now i've got two programs that don't work, hyperv and lapsim!

Greg Locock

HyperV will install in W7 but will not allow you to create a VM. Quite what use that is I don't know.

The solution in W7 is to install Windows XP Mode, which creates a virtual XP machine. and then you can run lapsim setup. Easypeasy. So that's Lapsim V2004. Thanks graham, your hint got me there!

Having got that working I need to see what else I've got that wouldn't install in W7.

johnny comelately

or an old Lappy with XP

AngusF1

Hi all, not sure whether anyone picked up the LapSim files here but I would really appreciate the installer, or a link to a download if one exists somewhere.

Greg Locock

For what, exactly?

AngusF1

I've been wondering for ages what the optimum width of a circuit car is, so I figure I'll build a car, make some reasonable estimates on weight and drag gain with width, then plug extra width in until the car starts getting slower.

Presumably the results will be depend somewhat on how much power the car has. More powerful cars will tolerate the extra drag of a wider chassis.

I may repeat the experiment for several styles of car and track types to paint a broader picture.

Greg Locock

(I actually meant for what OS) Interesting idea.

charlyfierros

AngusF1 Pay attention to the yaw inertia. I did it on a real car many many years ago (built a new suspension for the whole car, maintaining constant all the possible variables of the narrow version suspension). I was the driver too. The project was disappointing. The car got slower. What I felt was the car was lazy to enter the corners.. I think I forgot the yaw inertia. I had not many time to think about it. 😱😱

charlyfierros

By the way. Did you get laptimesim? I need it too... Regards