2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Holm86

Re: 2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

The front wing leading edge is now swooping upwards, instead of being totally parallel to the floor as usual

Silent Storm

The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Godius

AMuS:

Thunder

Please keep the Car analysis in the Car Thread. No need to Discuss it in 2 Threads.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

adrianjordan

Glad they kept the livery.... One of the best on the grid....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

godlameroso

I'm sure this isn't the car we'll see in testing.
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

godlameroso wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:08
Agreed. It's about as plain as possible. Especially the barge board area...

Marti_EF3

I'm happy to see the livery is the same, because it's beautiful! For the rest, it's a simple render and we can't analyze almost nothing until the real car hits the track on Barcelona next week

GhostF1

Zynerji wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 16:10
godlameroso wrote:
It's possible it'll run like this. One of the new regs was a greatly simplified bargeboard area. So who knows.

M840TR

GhostF1 wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 22:06
Zynerji wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
It's possible it'll run like this. One of the new regs was a greatly simplified bargeboard area. So who knows.
I disagree. The bargeboard wasn't simplified but made shorter and longer. The cars we've seen so far are only renders and this one isn't even utilizing the newly allotted bargeboard space behind the wishbones. There's probably a massive vertical deflector there as well like we saw in the photo released prior to the unveil.

GhostF1

M840TR wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 22:47
GhostF1 wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 22:06
Zynerji wrote:

I disagree. The bargeboard wasn't simplified but made shorter and longer. The cars we've seen so far are only renders and this one isn't even utilizing the newly allotted bargeboard space behind the wishbones. There's probably a massive vertical deflector there as well like we saw in the photo released prior to the unveil.
I'm sure they mentioned simplified bargeboard area. But obviously, I'm not 100% where it is they said that. I'm also going on the fact that STR were never really on the forefront in this area. It's possible test spec will be different, but it's also likely this will be the actual launch spec.

Capharol

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso STR14

I'm asking myself something....
IF Melbourne has been raced, could TR just "copy" the parts from RB (if they work)
because then the parts are in the open and for everybody to see .... so everybody could copy those parts....

this way RB didn't "share" it with TR (which isn't allowed) but "showed" it to them

ackzsel

Capharol wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 00:05
...because then the parts are in the open and for everybody to see .... so everybody could copy those parts....
Well, that happens all the time unless I misunderstood the question.

Manoah2u

Capharol wrote:
I'm asking myself something....
IF Melbourne has been raced, could TR just "copy" the parts from RB (if they work)
because then the parts are in the open and for everybody to see .... so everybody could copy those parts....

this way RB didn't "share" it with TR (which isn't allowed) but "showed" it to them
interesting thought process, but would it work?

we'll have to see the RedBull car first. if it's philosophy is too different from that of the Toro Rosso, it's never going to work. i expect the cars to be very similar, but then again, this years toro rosso looks quite a lot like last years redbull, and on a personal level, i think it's more a case of toro rosso taking over redbull's evolution, and the redbull car itself will have a different direction. i'm not talking completely overhauled (even though that can't be taken out of the realm of possibilities either), but sufficiently in another direction that 'swapping' or 'handing out' parts is not going to work.

still, it's an interesting idea.

would it even be possible that for example, alfa romeo would start melbourne with it's 2018 chassis, but with 2019 wings, and race the next race with an entirely different chassis, ergo a ferrari 2019 copy, if they managed to make sure the crash test for the new tub is done the monday after melbourne? would it be unfair or unsportive? sure.

but it would bring alfa easily to the top 4 or 5.especially with kimi.

so yeah, what goes for them, goes for RedBull and ToroRosso.

perhaps another interesting question could also be:

is it allowed that 2 teams have the SAME technical director?

i know Adrian is focused on both, but officially, TR has none.
perhaps you're on to something and that's why ToroRosso gets to have RB's 2018 leftovers. =P~

the TR guys started 'playing' with it and came up with the 2019 melbourne car and then magically have a RB15 copy by the next race. if THAT happens, then i'm REALLY curious to see Kvyat vs Verstappen and Gasly vs Ambon.

interestingly, this could then apply to all over the entire field.

Mercedes could get a B-team in Williams (or Racing Point).
Ferrari gets Alfa (and/or Haas).
RedBull gets Toro Rosso.
Renault gets.....nothing. Mclaren, sure, but. Nah. Mclaren will never accept B-status.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 12 Feb 2019, 00:41, edited 3 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

ackzsel wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 00:26
Capharol wrote:
...because then the parts are in the open and for everybody to see .... so everybody could copy those parts....
Well, that happens all the time unless I misunderstood the question.
he's refering to that though everybody can copy anything, there's a design philosophy that influences all of this.
if the basics of the cars are the same though, and for 'shows' one of them (the minor team) would put different wings on the car, and nose, and engine cover, it would essentially not be the same car. then they could magically copy the design for the next race and voila.

it's in the same realm, but goes down much more into the 'core' of it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"