Renault F1 R.S. 19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
godlameroso

Re: Renault F1 R.S. 19

They have massively redesigned the chassis, just the rendering makes that obvious. The bargeboards have been extensively reshaped, this is the closest to a testing package we have seen.
Saishū kōnā

Blackout

But they've completely removed some important parts from the render, like the under-nose turning vanes. I wonder why.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PhillipM

The wing on the reveal car looks more like what you'd expect than the one on the render imo.

MakkieT

Quite surprised about the size of the brakeducts. I would've expected them to be tiny since the fronthub-blowing is outlawed this year.

PhillipM

I have to say looking at how much tighter the packaging around the radiators, etc, is it shows a bit optimism for the engine making a step forward and needing less heat rejection because it's making a good chunk more power.
Ties in with the Mclaren stuff heard over winter with them having smaller radiators this year too.

godlameroso

Does this car have a double deck T-tray?
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 20:48
Does this car have a double deck T-tray?
Do you mean here?

If so, I'd say that's the bottom of the barge board which has to be on the step plane whilst the t-tray is down on the reference plane.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MtthsMlw

Open in new tab for high res.

LM10

The amount of rake on this car is crazy. Seems like it still is an option after the regulation changes. Looks definitely more than on last year’s car.

Blackout

So the louvers between RW enplates and RW remain... or are those the new red lights?

DiogoBrand

Blackout wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 21:20
So the louvers between RW enplates and RW remain... or are those the new red lights?
https://servimg.com/view/14795526/2382

https://servimg.com/view/14795526/2383
As far as I know they're not outlawed.

carisi2k

I was hoping amongst hope that Renault would produce something that would be competitive but all we got is this. What a lard arse this thing is. An obese air intake. The nose is nowhere nearly as detailed as either of the cars revealed so far. The side pod is still fat and lacking the sveltness of the str14 and most likely the rb15. The rear wing looks much larger then the Haas and STR. With that large bodywork the new engine had better be producing 1500hp for it to be competitive.

The car is late according to Cyril as well. Poor Daniel and Nic are going to be stuck behind the Haas, Racing point, Toro Rosso and is going to be lapped by Max. A nightmare for us Honey badger fans.

adrianjordan

Why is it that every single year people judge the amount of rake shown in renders or on a launch platform as representative of what the car will actually run with??

Rake looks aggressive and therefore looks fast....so they add it to the PR shots to make them look more exciting.

The real car may, or may not, run that much rake.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

djos

carisi2k wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 22:44
I was hoping amongst hope that Renault would produce something that would be competitive but all we got is this. What a lard arse this thing is. An obese air intake. The nose is nowhere nearly as detailed as either of the cars revealed so far. The side pod is still fat and lacking the sveltness of the str14 and most likely the rb15. The rear wing looks much larger then the Haas and STR. With that large bodywork the new engine had better be producing 1500hp for it to be competitive.

The car is late according to Cyril as well. Poor Daniel and Nic are going to be stuck behind the Haas, Racing point, Toro Rosso and is going to be lapped by Max. A nightmare for us Honey badger fans.
Boy having you on this forum is just so much fun. #-o
"In downforce we trust"