Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
maguetox

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

The importance of having two teams using their PU and more important in different tracks, the information gathering will be huge for them.

seezung

More audio clips:

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.co ... tagram.com

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.co ... tagram.com

That sound when it returns to the pits, cant get enough of it =D>

That whistle near the end of the instagram link, is that the turbo?

anthonyfa18

https://twitter.com/i/status/1095751476922716161

Hear the RA619H in the RB15 for the first time :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

GO Honda GO

saviour stivala

Have Honda needs been totally ignored by Newey, Have Newey done a 2014 again?.

hollus

Maybe, maybe not.
The tight packaging might be deceptive, there seems to be a lot of stuff over and around the engine, "behind the driver's shoulders". Or at least that is my impression, to me the engine cover looks fatter for longer than other years. So this might just be just a huge exercise in moving components around.
And of course Newey will then have asked for an extra inch or two :twisted:
Rivals, not enemies.

Tzk
Tzk

saviour stivala wrote:Have Honda needs been totally ignored by Newey, Have Newey done a 2014 again?.
Don‘t think so. Newey has the numbers of the 2018 str cooling requirements, they got a full car dyno and i‘d say the engineering department of RB is more advanced than that of McL. But that‘s only my opinion...

I also guess the honda runs smoother during shifts, because rb and honda have worked closely to finally get rid of the oscillations. Remember the article where the rb engineers where fascinated, because they could change mappings right on the dyno with honda? Same for honda, because they could take tge suggestions right away.

Seems like this kind of workflow wasn‘t possible in the past...

etusch

Tzk wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 12:08
saviour stivala wrote:Have Honda needs been totally ignored by Newey, Have Newey done a 2014 again?.
Don‘t think so. Newey has the numbers of the 2018 str cooling requirements, they got a full car dyno and i‘d say the engineering department of RB is more advanced than that of McL. But that‘s only my opinion...

I also guess the honda runs smoother during shifts, because rb and honda have worked closely to finally get rid of the oscillations. Remember the article where the rb engineers where fascinated, because they could change mappings right on the dyno with honda? Same for honda, because they could take tge suggestions right away.

In fact Redbull also says they do that packing with Honda.

hurril

Tzk wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 12:08

I would love to read that article. Do you know where you read it?

gandharva

hurril wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 12:44
I would love to read that article. Do you know where you read it?
“You should have seen the smiling faces of the engineers when they came back from dyno run with the gearbox and the power unit,” Tost said. “They said: 'Hey, we could change the mappings during the running'.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro ... 7/1396946/

Tzk
Tzk

I read that in some news on motorsport.com. Thanks for linking it, gandharva.

Jaisonas

From the video F1 posted in the youtube channel, i heard zero vibrations during full power up-shifts, which is pretty good.

Also i posted this in the RB thread but again, everyone is freaking out about the tight rear end, while forgetting that the honda is considerably shorter than renault, which had that big chonker of a turbo in the back.

anthonyfa18

just wow the up shifts can it be honda has fix vibration

etusch

anthonyfa18 wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 19:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_LCm14zoeo

It sounds really well. Great video. Thank you

etusch

Jaisonas wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 16:22
From the video F1 posted in the youtube channel, i heard zero vibrations during full power up-shifts, which is pretty good.

Also i posted this in the RB thread but again, everyone is freaking out about the tight rear end, while forgetting that the honda is considerably shorter than renault, which had that big chonker of a turbo in the back.
It will last until second or third race I think

mzso

anthonyfa18 wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 19:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_LCm14zoeo

Well, the engine with this lap is already more reliable than it ever was with Mclaren in the pre-season. :)