2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bill shoe

Re: 2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

Well cr@p! I went to the Williams team website to buy an official new shirt because my 3 year old shirt doesn't match the new livery.

They didn't have anything for sale with the 2019 livery or "ROKiT" or what have you. They did have discounted 2018 shirts and caps, including items with "Sergey Sirotkin" and "Lance Stroll" across them. Did they only sign the new sponsor like, on Tuesday evening or something? So the ROKiT site is not up and running to any significant degree, and no current stuff available to buy on the Williams site. The team may show up to race in Australia wearing t-shirts and bluejeans.

Making it hard to be a true blue fan!! Hope the ROKiT check cleared before they painted the damn car.

Webber2011

bill shoe wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 04:22
Well cr@p! I went to the Williams team website to buy an official new shirt because my 3 year old shirt doesn't match the new livery.

They didn't have anything for sale with the 2019 livery or "ROKiT" or what have you. They did have discounted 2018 shirts and caps, including items with "Sergey Sirotkin" and "Lance Stroll" across them. Did they only sign the new sponsor like, on Tuesday evening or something? So the ROKiT site is not up and running to any significant degree, and no current stuff available to buy on the Williams site. The team may show up to race in Australia wearing t-shirts and bluejeans.

Making it hard to be a true blue fan!! Hope the ROKiT check cleared before they painted the damn car.

Very rare that the teams start supplying new merchandise on launch mate.

From my experience most of the smaller teams don't even have it ready by the Australian GP.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Manoah2u

guy on the left has half an arm, but is double the man and racer of both guys on the right.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

F1T
Administrative bot

Williams not ready for first day of testing

Williams not ready for first day of testing

ROKiT Williams Racing have confirmed they will not be able to run their car at the start of winter testing, tomorrow 18 February. Instead, the schedule is to be ready for tuesday.

Unc1eM0nty

What a cluster f%@#, this team has really gone to the dogs.

They've been working to this deadline for the best part of a year and they're not ready - this does nor bode well for the rest of the season.

M840TR

I keep thinking of the staff who have to face this embarrassment.

Lotus102

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 11:33
What a cluster f%@#, this team has really gone to the dogs.

They've been working to this deadline for the best part of a year and they're not ready - this does nor bode well for the rest of the season.
Alternatively, they’ve been working on it for the best part of a year, and with all the thousands of variable in play including a new set of regs they’ve come in within three days of the deadline they set themselves. They obviously pushed the design time to the wire - understandable as they had further to catch up than anyone else - and weren’t the only team to do that anyway. Last year they and McLaren got their cars out for the first day and by the end of it were obviously in big trouble. I don’t see a reason to start doom-mongering yet. It’s times on the clock that count.

Unc1eM0nty

Agreed, its times that count, but testing time is valuable, missing a day will cost them

Tzk
Tzk

They can't be serious can they...? I mean, the testing schedule was announced early, so what did they do with their available time and project management? :O

McMika98

Its not like their concept car is revolutionary, if anything it is one of the weakest looking car laking any innovative features to speak of. They had a full year to get the car and still cannot avert the disaster. Guess they will stay at the back of the field.

jjn9128

McMika98 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 13:23
Its not like their concept car is revolutionary, if anything it is one of the weakest looking car laking any innovative features to speak of. They had a full year to get the car and still cannot avert the disaster. Guess they will stay at the back of the field.
:?: :?: We've not seen the car yet how can you say it looks weak? So far we've seen last years car with a new paintjob and a 3d render produced by the art department deliberately to hide innovations. All of the renders from all the teams which have been released look different to the cars we've seen from shakedowns and filming days. The actual car will likely be evolutionary as well as adapting bits from more successful teams, but they all do that.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

restless

ANy idea what could went SO wrong?
I mean... just push the car without front wing, test engine etc etc.
how are they supposed to fix it in 1 day?!

hollus

That was an thoroughly enjoyable read, thanks.

Containing a gem on how decisions are taken in large organizations with huge marketing departments that hire a guy just to work 24/7 in the image of the team:
The concept for the final livery came directly from Gene Haas.
Rivals, not enemies.

SimonFW11b

A laughing stock.