Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
carisi2k

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

The engine sounds nice and smooth and must have some power since they have been at the top of the speed traps with Renault ironically even with detuned engines. I think this year is going to be really interesting for Honda.

ReoPTy

not so much detuned engine, they change it overnight, testing is a game where RBr and Honda has to calm down concerns about their last engine move, espacially after STR dire 2018 year . i mean STR ranked over Haas Mclaren and Sauber in 2017, 2018 they score half the points to finish just above williams .

i really hope for them all isn't fumes, RB shouldn't be as patient as STR were last year ..

shingles

ReoPTy wrote:not so much detuned engine, they change it overnight, testing is a game where RBr and Honda has to calm down concerns about their last engine move, espacially after STR dire 2018 year . i mean STR ranked over Haas Mclaren and Sauber in 2017, 2018 they score half the points to finish just above williams .

i really hope for them all isn't fumes, RB shouldn't be as patient as STR were last year ..
The internet is a funny place. People just state random things as facts. So now RBR changed PU after each practice day?

Give me a break. If you don’t like Honda good enough. But what does making stuff up get you? If it is your THEORY, it is still not fact.

godlameroso

ReoPTy wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 17:13
not so much detuned engine, they change it overnight, testing is a game where RBr and Honda has to calm down concerns about their last engine move, espacially after STR dire 2018 year . i mean STR ranked over Haas Mclaren and Sauber in 2017, 2018 they score half the points to finish just above williams .

Did they replace the TR power unit as well? :lol:
Saishū kōnā

Stef

Twice a day, like last year. :lol:

Sieper

Guys, I was also just about to get worked up over that post, but I think he is only saying they replaced one engine (after the crash) not that they are constantly changing. And that he feels they now can and need to show the progress made. Just in a bit Poor/hard to read English.

Serbian4ever

They didnt change pu overnight. They changed 1x time redbull engine because they had accient...

carisi2k

Most of Honda's reliability concerns lately seem to be misunderstood. Honda actually only had 3 actual PU failures in 2018 and the rest of the engine changes were due to accidents (spain, canada and great britain) and engine testing mode where they were throwing new engines in just to see if the performance improved from new parts.

dfegan358

Qualifying in Melbourne will be the first true reflection of each power unit.

Q3 when engine modes go up to Max, that’s where Honda and Renault have struggled a lot. Be interesting to see if they have made gains in that area.

Honda seemed to develop increase power last year for Q3 but could not be used for long periods and had reliability concerns.

Renault seemed to have quite poor q3 engine modes compared to merc/Ferrari

Juzh

dfegan358 wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 00:43
Renault seemed to have quite poor q3 engine modes compared to merc/Ferrari
You can skip the "seemem to have" part, since they most definitely did, as did honda.

saviour stivala

Is it true that on day two Gasly's turbo went bang?. The good Doctor was praising Honda for Quick repairs.

HPD

saviour stivala wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 11:02
Is it true that on day two Gasly's turbo went bang?. The good Doctor was praising Honda for Quick repairs.
They had problems. But I do not read anything from the turbo
 ただ、外から見ればトラブルフリーの4日間だったが、実際には細かなマイナートラブルは出ていて、それらを現場で対処しながら進めていた。2周目のテストには、設計レベルで対処した対策品も投入するという。こうしたプロセスを経ることで、信頼性を上げていくのだ。

「フェラーリを見てもわかるように、テストでは走り込むことが大切です。初回テストの最初の1、2日はマイナートラブルもあるでしょうけど、大物(コンポーネント)の部分で距離を稼いで問題点を出し、1レース週末分は保つことを確認しなければ、次には進めませんから。

Google translate: However, from the outside it was a trouble-free 4 days, but in fact minor minor troubles have appeared and I was progressing while dealing with them on site. For the second lap test, we will also introduce countermeasures at the design level. By going through these processes, we will improve the reliability.

"As you can see even with Ferrari, it is important to run in the test, it will be minor trouble on the first 1st and 2nd of the first test, but earn distance at the big part (component) Take out and I will not be able to proceed next time unless I confirm that I will keep one race weekend.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... __split_1/

ReoPTy

Rb is changing the engine of Verstapen, 40 laps for him, sad, hope its nothing serious

Wouter

ReoPTy wrote:
27 Feb 2019, 17:21
Rb is changing the engine of Verstapen, 40 laps for him, sad, hope its nothing serious
That isn't correct. They are changing the gearbox!
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Guillaume Rocquelin: In the afternoon, we went into a scheduled race simulation. We managed two-thirds of that but after Max had a brief off, we pitted for some routine checks with the gearbox. It’s not the easiest element of the car to get deep into, so it kept us in the garage for a while.

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/artic ... test-day-2