Alfa Romeo C38

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ScrewCaptain27

Re: Alfa Romeo C38

AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

jagunx51

............!!!!

TheFluffy

We finally have a complete grid of every team copying Red Bull's diffuser style. Alfa is the last team to make this switch I believe as earlier photos of their diffuser this test followed on from their concept last year.

What a shame I wish there are more variation in diffuser designs :?

.poz

PhillipM

I think we can forgive Sauber/Alfa for adopting the RB diffuser when they've given us so many unique parts and philosophies over the past couple of years, it's nice to see a team truly striding out with unique ideas/concepts every year.

Morteza

Via AMuS

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

yelistener

Eye View Onboard

Webber2011

yelistener wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 06:22
Eye View Onboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0gFv6JJi4
If they end up doing that they better sort the sound out, because that sounds terrible 😢

sri1031raj

Alfa romeo seems to have dropped back as the days went by, on c5 doing 1.17.xx when almost all teams except Williams have done 1.16.xx shows that they need more performance to be unlocked. Hopefully they will not end up with Williams in the end but looks like they will

Cuky

Webber2011 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 06:51
yelistener wrote:
Eye View Onboard

If they end up doing that they better sort the sound out, because that sounds terrible 😢
If they decide to use this view in TV Feed I expect them to just use the sound from onboard mic that they use when showing views from T-Cam, nose cam etc.

GrizzleBoy

The most important part of what i saw in that onboard was the fact that on the flying lap as Kimi accelerated into turn 3 (a corner notorious for wanting to understeer your car into the gravel), he actually had a snap of oversteer and had to correct himself.

Seems like the tiny FW is more than capable of balancing the car?

PhillipM

Well the front wings are larger and taller than last year, most of what has been removed was conditioning for further down the car, so they shouldn't have much trouble finding enough downforce.

ringo

The whole point of their wing is to increase downforce with the side wash. So it would be a shame if it's all for naught in real life testing.
For Sure!!

poolboy67

yelistener wrote:
Eye View Onboard

weird. giovinazzi using kimis steering wheel here.
i know that during testing, the car is basically the same for both drivers, but i think the steering wheel can still be swapped?

or maybe giovinazzi was just trying out kimis layout...?
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

ESPImperium

poolboy67 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 23:56
yelistener wrote:
Eye View Onboard

weird. giovinazzi using kimis steering wheel here.
i know that during testing, the car is basically the same for both drivers, but i think the steering wheel can still be swapped?

or maybe giovinazzi was just trying out kimis layout...?
Giovinazzi has switched over to Kimis wheel now, reason being, its simple and the GUI on the screen is also stripped back. And there was something about Gio using the old layout as his wheel hadn't been built yet as he has requested some changes in the dimensions of the wheel and some tactile and visual things that will help.

The screen seems to be really simple,
Top Left: Last Lap Time
Top Right: +/- Lap Delta to last lap
Centre Upper Mid: Gear
Centre Left: Lap Counter (X/66 for Barcelona) & Brake Bias to front end (60% of pressure to the front brakes)
Lower Centre Mid: Tyre Temperatures (FL/FR/RL/RR)
Low Centre Mid: Something is in red here, video is of poor quality to judge what it may be. It says +1500 on the only clear shot i can get.
Lower Bar: ERS Battery? (86% of battery has left in it - Meaning he is probably in a low ERD deployment mode)
White Bar on Right: Gear Synchronisation - To check that all gears in the gearbox have been synchronised.

Its got lots of other GUI on fuel saving, race start, clutch position, and depending on what mode the wheel is in for the car.

Mode rotary has:
Attack Defend Mode
Race Mode
R+ Mode
Fuel Saving

Its a lovely wheel, my new favourite, the McLaren and Mercedes wheels was always my favourites, till now.