2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Unfortunately my idea of Gasly is new talent is melting down and this started end of 2018. I hope this was the worst time of him and will not get worser.

I would like to see a good flying lap from Verstappen. But I see that they were concentrated weaker point of Honda compared to others. Long run performance. Not only them, we also know that Honda were very(maybe not very good but good) good at single lap. I think this weakness comes from electic regenaration. So both team made very much km, but less than planned thanks to Gasly. If they achieved to match rivals or sometimes better performance during racing, gained by this long run tests,
it is not that much important to qualifying test. At the end it is there, they have party mode.
For me important thing is race pace and we will see it after a few races. In fact I wonder very much first qualifying result of this new partnership.
Last edited by etusch on 02 Mar 2019, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

McMika98
McMika98

Max will be on pole in Oz, you heard it here first. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Albon did 2 more laps after his fastest lap and probably had fuel for more laps. I think he could have been in the 16.5 if he ran on fumes. So either Gasly is slower tham him on a faster car or he is just playing. Either way his confidence must be shattered and will most likely fall behind Max.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

I just watched interview with Albon, track side. The kid is ultra intelligent and well composed. High level material for Red Bull team. Just watch it what's gonna happen...

loner

i predict RBR and MERCEDES will be on par , Ferrari fall to third and STR best of the rest for 2019 season.
para bellum.

Juzh

I wouldn't be too concerned about red bull. Whatever gasly can do, verstappen can do better, which is why he doesn't seem worried at all and gasly does, a lot. Body language is too obvious and the season hasn't even started. After gasly's little adventure they had to run old parts and rear wing with DF levels that wasn't at all suited to this track. TR pace confirms RB15 in verstappens hands has loads of pace in reserve. They'll put things in order for melbourne and I expect them to easily trouble merc/ferrari.

yener

Why do you asume the RB15 is faster than te TR? Tbh i think the TR is the one with the faster car right now.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

etusch

McMika98
McMika98

yener wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 11:20
Why do you asume the RB15 is faster than te TR? Tbh i think the TR is the one with the faster car right now.
Because TR is using RB parts from last year. The sidepod alone in the RB should give few tenths. Add to that Alex himself saying he is still learning all the settings on car and not properly hooked a car. The top 3 teams could have easily dipped under 15.0, they have not lost anything in pure pace. The tyre degs will be decider for race.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

yener wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 11:20
You're kidding, right?!

Big Tea

Juzh wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 10:59
I wouldn't be too concerned about red bull. Whatever gasly can do, verstappen can do better, which is why he doesn't seem worried at all and gasly does, a lot. Body language is too obvious and the season hasn't even started. After gasly's little adventure they had to run old parts and rear wing with DF levels that wasn't at all suited to this track. TR pace confirms RB15 in verstappens hands has loads of pace in reserve. They'll put things in order for melbourne and I expect them to easily trouble merc/ferrari.
But as RBR are probably not quite 'right up there' with Merc and Ferrari they wil need good scoring of both cars to be in the fight.

Max has a bit of a reputation for throwing away good points, and it is starting to look like the other car is going the same route. If they are not careful, as the cars should be close to each other, they are going to have big problems with points that really should be in the bag.

I see man management being as important as engine or tyre management there this season.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marti_EF3

Like Horner said before the preseason tests started "don't pay much attention to the times". I wonder if they were all focused on long runs to understand the Honda engine and test some parts separately for correlation and then bring the big update to Melbourne, so anyone can't see it before... The last 2 days maybe cut some info gathering, but maybe this was their plan from the begining to not show any performance runs. If STR can be that faster with a rookie driver, we can assume that the RB15 have a lot of pace we haven't seen yet. And the Honda PU have power to be near or equal the other PUs. They matched the times with Renault and B Ferrari teams, and the 1st sector is about engine more than aero. The 3rd sector must be more aero, and too the fuel on every car. So I'm confident they will be close with Merc and Ferrari, and Max was pretty confident and calm talking about the car

Marti_EF3

dxpetrov wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 08:48
I just watched interview with Albon, track side. The kid is ultra intelligent and well composed. High level material for Red Bull team. Just watch it what's gonna happen...
I think more than a few people will be impressed by Albon. I really like this guy thanks to what he've done in the tests. Really fast adaptation, speed and seems to be calm and smart. Matching Kvyat times since day one. Very promising driver line up on STR and future RBR driver :D

GerryTT
GerryTT

Is it possible that RBR and TR were using different spec engines? For example: RBR a de-tuned engine for maximal mileage to understand aero and TR latest spec engine for performance and durability testing?

Marti_EF3

GerryTT wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:47
Is it possible that RBR and TR were using different spec engines? For example: RBR a de-tuned engine for maximal mileage to understand aero and TR latest spec engine for performance and durability testing?
For sure, if same spec PU, STR had the engine more turned up than RBR. Like the other B-teams. Double data 8)

GhostF1
GhostF1

Marti_EF3 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:50
GerryTT wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 13:47
For sure, if same spec PU, STR had the engine more turned up than RBR. Like the other B-teams. Double data 8)
Tanabe confirmed that both teams had slightly different specs. What the differences actually were is anyones guess.