[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Yeah, looks like tomorrow we will see who was first to the clouds and will crown himself for a long and tough season.
If you need some clues, maybe these images help:

CAEdevice

Thanks LDVH. I was convinced that JJR would have won easily this race, but the imagrs disoriented me. Variante seems to have a more efficient car.

I noticed that both Variante and JJR obtain downforce from the diffuser itself, on the contrary, my car has a more intense low pressure zone in the transition zone.

variante

My Front Wheels seem to be taking more air than they should have. Fortunately, the rest looks as expected.

JJR seems to be struggling with the Rear Wing, as he anticipated. The diffuser is almost identical to mine in performance and concept.

CAEdevice wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 14:57
I noticed that both Variante and JJR obtain downforce from the diffuser itself, on the contrary, my car has a more intense low pressure zone in the transition zone.
Well, your central area works better than ours all the way to the rear!

Ok, my podium is:
1) Variante [-o<
2) CAEdevice
3) JJR

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 16:35
My Front Wheels seem to be taking more air than they should have. Fortunately, the rest looks as expected.

JJR seems to be struggling with the Rear Wing, as he anticipated. The diffuser is almost identical to mine in performance and concept.

CAEdevice wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 14:57
Well, your central area works better than ours all the way to the rear!

Ok, my podium is:
1) Variante [-o<
2) CAEdevice
3) JJR
I am pretty sure my car will be the one with most drag ever.

Team_Bart

I know we painted the under floor, like the rest of the car, in green. I suppose you all painted it white around the front wing and diffuser? Interesting why you should do that, since it seems to me making the painting process unnecessary difficult. :P

machin

Team_Bart wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 00:08
I suppose you all painted it white around the front wing and diffuser?
:lol: =D>

The cars will be going for their runs at 13:00 CET... the video will be live here:-

Good luck to all competitors!
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

Great race Variante!

The gap leaves no room for too many comments, just congratulations!

JJR has been a strong opponent too, he deserves to win a championship some day.

I did the best I could, there is only 1 second (over 500) between my simulation and the official one: I can't complain except about myself. I think I lost to many points in Race2 and Race3.

See you in 2019 (it looks 2019 already started... I can't wait to be on the track again).

etsmc

Nice work guys. Awsome finish to the season. Looking forward to the official results to see just how down on power i was. Really enjoying my battle with pure power racing and looking foward to next season where hopefully we can both start to bother the front runners.

machin

For those wanting to know the aero coefficients... in alphabetic order so as not to give the final result away:

https://twitter.com/Comp_Car_Eng/status ... 1381378049

machin

etsmc wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 14:41
Looking forward to the official results to see just how down on power i was.
You were 5% down... Team Bart 1% down, everyone else had 100%....

Yes, very tight battle between you and Pure Power.... thankfully the two penalties didn't change the results. :P

variante

YYESSSS!
I'm particularly proud of this victory because the contenders were particularly strong, their cars elegant, and their thirst for victory clearly visible.
Obviously, I'm also happy to have conquered my second Championship...too much time has passed since the last time!

A huge Thank You to Andre' and Richard for their dedication towards this project. I hope you had some fun too, after all!

Thanks to all my fellow contenders as well. I know how much it takes to develop a car for an entire season, and the patience needed to get over frustration when the expected results don't show up.
From my side, I can only tell you: don't stop! I'm sure most of you will learn to "paint the undertray white" very quickly! :D

CAEdevice

I was forgetting about the prize and being the main sponsor ... give me a few days to organize the transaction and Variante will become a cryptonauta (but he will have to study a little ... or settle for Paypal).

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 16:05
I'm also happy to have conquered my second Championship...too much time has passed since the last time!
It was 2015? If so the title has not been moving away from Brianza for 4 years.

CAEdevice

... and finally, I also want to thank André and Richard for their excellent job.

variante

Yes, 2015! The last KhamsinVRC year...
Hahaha Brianza: the new Motor* Valley.