2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hino

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Who is ahead for the Australian GP?
I was reliably informed that Honda had found another couple tenths of horsepower in the Qualifying mode over the winter so added to the gains that they had with the version 3 engine, that could bring the Red Bull into play a bit more on Saturdays.

etusch

Brake Horse Power wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 22:50
A clever marketing team would call it Red Bull Energy mode...
You are about to be hired by Redbull :D

roon

Or the other way around... RB develop a new drink called Party Mode. Replete with a flow regulator in the spout. For safety's sake, 'cause this will be some strong stuff (Petronas fuel-oil grade stuff). Sign up Kimi and his race engineer, the "canna hava ta drink" guy, for the commercials. (Spoiler- Kimi does end up getting the drink, then smiles toward the camera, okay half smile, then a labored imbibement of the drink, because regulator.)

Eryngii

HPD wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 19:34
Made in "Google Translation" :-#

Tanabe:
"I do not know how close we are to Ferrari and Mercedes AMG, but clearly better than Renault at least, the fastest growth is the strength we never had before, none of the fastest and superior Because it is! "
This comment is by Wache, not Tanabe.

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_4.php
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_5.php
 これまでルノー製パワーユニットを搭載していたレッドブルは、あらゆる箇所でトップスピードの伸びがなかった。
しかし、今年のテストでのデータを見るかぎり、RB15はライバルたちと同等レベルにまで速度が伸びている。
今年のホンダは少なくとも昨年のルノーを大幅に上回っていると、ヴァッシェは語る。

「フェラーリやメルセデスAMGに対し、どのくらい近づいたかはわからないけど、少なくともルノーよりは明らかに上。
最高速の伸びは、今までの我々になかった強みだ。最高速で優れているなんて、これまでなかったからね!」
Google Translate:
Red Bull, which had previously been equipped with Renault power units, had no top speed growth in every part.
However, as far as the data in this year's tests is concerned, the RB 15 has increased to the same level as the rivals.
This year's Honda is at least significantly higher than last year's Renault, Wasser(*) says.

"I do not know how close they have to Ferrari and Mercedes AMG, but clearly above Renault at least.
The fastest growth is the strength we have never had before. I never had excited at the fastest speed! "

* Wasser (ヴァッシェ) = Wache

hasika

Some mistake from "google Translation"

"I dont know how close (the PU)is to Ferrari and Mercedes AMG,but much more powerful than Renault at least.The top speed is good, we never had been like this strong before."

And this was said by Pierre Wache,not Tanabe.I think he means if the Honda PU is slightly better than Reanult last year,now its much more powerful than Renault.Of course,i think he just compared the Honda PU to 2018 Renault PU(spec C).He didnt know the Reanult PU this year.

marmer

still thats a good sign as most within f1 assumed the honda was worse than renault.

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Wouter

RBR en STR in Tokio today. Video demo run Max.

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/sta ... 1978222593

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Thanks for the correction to the translation. @Eryngii @hasika

Here I leave the conference in Tokyo.
Yamamoto, Marko, Tanabe
Kvyat, Franz, Albon
Max, Christian horner, Gasly

https://www.pscp.tv/HondaJP/1PlKQyPYjmaKE

nzjrs

HPD wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 12:26
Thanks for the correction to the translation. @Eryngii @hasika

Here I leave the conference in Tokyo.
Yamamoto, Marko, Tanabe
Kvyat, Franz, Albon
Max, Christian horner, Gasly

https://www.pscp.tv/HondaJP/1PlKQyPYjmaKE
@40:50 - Gasly unambiguously saying he noticed and was impressed by the large step in performance Honda made since the end to 2018 to the 2019 PU.

Wouter

Horner today in TOKYO (Reuters):

Horner said the new relationship with Honda was blossoming and that the team were ready to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari in the championship.

“It is the start of a new era for Red Bull Racing with Honda,” he said.

“Everything we have seen from the power unit so far, it’s reliability, it’s performance, the way it is incorporated into the chassis, is extremely encouraging.
We have had a positive pre-season and are hopeful and optimistic for the season ahead.”

“Mercedes, having won five consecutive world championships now, and Ferrari are currently the benchmark,” said Horner.

“But we are confident we are closing that gap and we have all the tools around us to be really able to take the fight to both of those teams and manufacturers.”
The Power of Dreams!

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Phil

I think this year could be very interesting and perhaps it'll be the first time we see a team sacrificing reliability for performance. Under the assumption that the Honda perhaps is lagging just slightly behind in performance vs Ferrari/Mercedes and reliability might also be a small factor, I wonder if RedBull-Honda as a team would be willing to run a season strategy of committing to 5-6 engines used, but run them accordingly in higher modes vs Ferrari/Mercedes who will optimize for 3 per season.

If RedBull take the penalties wisely, who knows, Honda could be still very aggressive where updates are concerned yet due to the higher quantity they could still maximize points and perhaps compete and win the races they feel they have an edge.

Of course, with a closer midfield, making progress in the races could be difficult, but IMO it's a strategy worth considering IMO. And with all their reliability issues last year and the occasional wins, they wouldn't be much worse off anyway. They would just need to sacrifice the right races.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

langedweil

I wondered about that for a long while now ..
Why not calculate the penalties in for let’s say a crazy 4 races (the data will tell you which ones), get back to at least 5th or 6th position when the flag drops, and be able to swap the engine every 3 races enlarging your chances to a win by a big margin because you can run it closer to it’s edge ...
I mean, in a true 3-way battle your competition gets a lot less points when YOU win.
In a way they tried it with the Spec C in a way, but as a customer that wasn’t really all-in. I wouldnt be surprised if that scenario will be RB’s way for 2019 now that they’re essentially a works team ...
HuggaWugga !

ispano6

I still feel its a shame Ricciardo is gone, Red Bull Honda would probably be closer up front with his racecraft, and Pierre has big shoes to fill but has potential. Hoping the two can work together like Senna/Berger and not a repeat of Senna/Prost or Mansell/Piquet...