Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix documentation)

So Netflix made this , but who did the commentary ect ? Has it just been americanised ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78

When I saw it, i thought it's fake. Why would the english speaking commentator concentrate on the spanish duell (so much)? And that's only one example.

WaikeCU

I really enjoyed the Leclerc and Gasly part. It's sad, touching and emotional. I really hope Leclerc can bring Ferrari to delirium!

subcritical71

NathanOlder wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 09:28
So Netflix made this , but who did the commentary ect ? Has it just been americanised ?
Well, Sean Bratches is listed as executive producer... that should tell you something.

Sieper

So the picture quality was great, and I did enjoy a lot of the exclusive footage. the "storylines" were for some parts almost ridiculous indeed. Or perhaps I should leave almost out.

Schuttelberg

I rate Mercedes as a team and Ferrari is obviously, Ferrari but I would appreciate it if they opened their doors to this sort of stuff. They're part of the sport and have a duty to promote it. With a smart marketing team, you can actually create interest for your own brand and sponsors too.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

marvin78

I would not want to participate in such ridiculous stuff, also. And I think, that stuff like that is everything else than good or even smart marketing. It's bad TV.

Brake Horse Power

Nice shots, F1 cars, some background stories and frustrations / politics. Good to get in the mood for the first race

F1NAC

I don't know why but I can't stand that Jonathan Neale guy(looks annoying). All since that Grand Prix Driver mini series. And that joking with Grosjean, amongst all in paddock, McLaren guys mocking others....

Also as they did that story Ocon/Perez/ForceIndia, they really painted Perez as a bad guy, and Esteban as a good guy, never at fault...

All in all, I loved Steiner talk with Haas without censoring :D

adrianjordan

I'm enjoying it so far. The producers have definitely decided who the "villians" are though...

I would like to see it extended so that there's an episode for each race if they do another season.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Mr.G

I just had a thought - could it be that the recent image changes of Bottas are due to his appearance in new series of the show?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Capharol

i was really dissapointed about this show.
yes Günther Steiner was honest and uncensored, but the rest was to "fake" for me.

strad

I always find it interesting how different people on here see things differently.
This guy thinks it's horrible and this other guy thinks it's fake while another thinks it's great.
I thought it was interesting.
As per a poll on F1FanVoice it has changed my opinion of some people in F1.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

DVB

Loved it!
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

mwillems

Capharol wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 18:24
i was really dissapointed about this show.
yes Günther Steiner was honest and uncensored, but the rest was to "fake" for me.
Cyril and Christian were definitely not fake! :) I really enjoyed the show and we got to see the other side of a few folks.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.