Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
etusch

Re: Red Bull RB15

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 16:55
etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 15:03
You are planning to blame something by starting from saturday not even sunday but they are saying it is only visible that who is where after a few races.
I expect at least a podium from first race
I was just basing my assumption on what is been said in this thread, that the RBR is only a few tenths away from Ferrari, so if they are rushing an upgrade that wasn’t intended for another 30 days it has to be to beat Ferrari... The whole argument is in regards to 2 premises, one is that the team is bringing the new parts to be further at the front, the other one is that the team is behind their targets for the beginning of the season and need this upgrade to stay close to Ferrari, Mercedes (which will also proof that everything that Marko says it’s either a lie or has to be taken with a huge “cliff” of salt)

Why Saturday? Because on qualifying we should be able to see the team performance, in the race, the result could not be related to the team’s performance, but external factors.
A few tenths also big gap for such a top class team and I don't think there is that much gap between top 3. Why? because Redbull Merc and Ferrari are faster then others and close each other. it looks like gap is not wider(I hope ). But we will see real picture after a few races.
As other members mentioned, all teams pushing to go forward. What I understand from news I read, Redbull is more motivated than before and pushing harder than before. So what prevent you to see this, pudhing harder to bring update earlier as a big motivation of succes, as being hunger for success.
From point of your view, you shot your own foot by choosing saturday. Because Honda was good with one lap even they were supplying mclaren (remember first two laps of spa ) I have any suspect for saturday(as they have party mode).
As a Honda fan I want to see good and consistent race pace. This is more important for me. Hope they will be fast during whole race and will get at least a podium.

aral

There are a few people on here who are taking the thread well off topic, with talks about Merc and other issues. This is a thread to deal with physical items on the RB15, so please stop this off topic ying yang. Any more of this and the posts will be removed without warning. Thanks

Flying JPS Lotus

Nose and front wing. Notice the new turning vanes begin under the Bull logos.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

Sieper

This seems like exactly the same nose as in Spain? The turning vanes directly below the bulls feet were there already. See page 21 or so. They seem the same?

Flying JPS Lotus

Yeah I think it's from the update they brought to the second week of testing. First good picture of it.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

roon

Still striking to me how much bigger their front wing is than most of the other teams.

etusch

Sieper wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 02:20
This seems like exactly the same nose as in Spain? The turning vanes directly below the bulls feet were there already. See page 21 or so. They seem the same?
So update can be back side of car as @PlatinumZealot mentioned. Maybe smaller cooling with smaller intake ?

Sieper

I think so! Anxiously awaiting what we will be able to spot.

Maplesoup

roon wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 04:53
Still striking to me how much bigger their front wing is than most of the other teams.
So I think Mercedes (Toto) said it would be pursuing a Ferrari style concept for updates later in the year (Spainish GP), but if this is the china upgrade from Red bull do we think they are still pursuing a different concept from the outwash front wing. Or are they clearing all the upgrades in the queue for this concept in order to focus on a more outwash style front wing concept like Ferrari later in the year.

Will be really interesting to see how this car performs vs everyone else this weekend. I would imagine they'll have alot more front downforce than most and as such more drag?

HPD

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

dxpetrov

Exactly the same as in Barcelona testing.
Probably they are using the basic spec for scrutineering and keeping the updates for tomorrow.

gandharva

New front wheel rims. Bargeboard area looks the same like in week two of testing. Diffuser is now mounted with 2 rods each side to the gearbox housing. This makes it clear that during testing the diffuser had too much flex for them

godlameroso

Those are some surprised pushrod rocker arms.
Saishū kōnā

dxpetrov

I wish they go back to those wider ''nostrils'' nosecones from last year. They suit the car aesthetically much better...