2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status ... 74689?s=21

Lewis had floor damage. Considering that, P2 was pretty solid.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

wickedz50 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:11
Can this year be all Valteri Bothas like Nico in 2016? the guy deserves every bit of the win today, low profile yet a deserving winner.
I am doubt that. He is not like Nico and Nico had his team support on 2016. If you look at the radio message from Hamilton race engineer " we have to cover Vettel " from that, it is clear that Lewis Hamilton Number 1 in Mec.

but it is 100% strategy error from Mec. Hence it cost Lewis point. I think Lewis will recover from his mistakes.

Bill
Bill

Ferrari is good in high speed corners

Sierra117

zibby43 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:14
https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status ... 74689?s=21

Lewis had floor damage. Considering that, P2 was pretty solid.
Ah, that makes sense now.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Juzh

Vettel vs verstappen. Included verstappen telemetry at the time of overtake

https://streamable.com/c2i03

Javert

Not to make conspiracy

On Wednesday or Thursday Ferrari car was inspected for the first time

Any news about Magic pieces on the front/rear suspension that were disallowed?

Otherwise, they would have done pretty terrible housework in simulation
Last edited by Javert on 17 Mar 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

wickedz50
wickedz50

selvam_e2002 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:08
siskue2005 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:01
komninosm wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 09:57

I think the point is they could pit Leclerc and let him try for fastest lap, since Vettel had some power issues anyway.
They would rather give up that point to someone else than give it to leclerc ...which would have made leclerc just one point behind Vettel... :lol:
They need to protect their precious queen as they have indirectly said that before the season starts :?
I agree with you. If it is other way around they would pitted Vettel for extra point. I am 100% sure they(ferrari) will not win this year 2019 wdc and wcc with Vettel and average driver Lec(seems Kimi better than Lec). Ferrari Need Alonso at any cost.
Lec is no Ves. If Ferrari had to put a young driver alongside Vet they should have done it with Ves in 2017, which would have been far more logical. Lec is no Ves. Its Vet who will carry through the challenge just like in previous year..where is Ferrari's brains the lord only knows? a competetive car is not a championship winning car alone ...you need 2 championship capable winning drivers working as a team to drive the competetive car to win a championship. Alonso is past and so will Vet. Ferrari winning championship is also of the past.

Jambier

Ferrari what a shame. Slow pace, team orders...

Mercedes , Red Bull, Haas where they belong, 2018 like.

Renault is a fail, better in race, but way too far from top teams.

And Kubica seriously...

komninosm
komninosm

=D>
the EDGE wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 08:59
I am speechless about the way Merc screwed Lewis over

Covering Ferrari-off is something you do when your in or near your pit window

Not something you do when you have another 20 laps of decent rubber left

Time and time again they do this, admittedly usually to Bottas, but they seriously need to sort out their race strategy calls
=D>

Sierra117

Juzh wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:21
Vettel vs verstappen. Included verstappen telemetry at the time of overtake

Thanks as always!

I think this is just an anomaly with a bunch of things working against Vettel. Bad tyres, gigantic slipstream from the new rear wings + gigantic DRS + most likely quali mode for Max. I don't think we'll see something like this happen again. At least not without a proper fight. It's Melbourne, so it doesn't paint the best picture anyway.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

komninosm
komninosm

siskue2005 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 09:45
Ringleheim wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 22:39
siskue2005 wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 21:17

And whose fault is that?
Mercedes for doing their job?
Or the incompetent Ferrari team with their high budget?
Please. Ferrari is "incompetent" huh? Then what is everyone else besides Mercedes? Criminally inept?

I can't remember a time in F1 when 1 team was not dominant for a certain duration of time. When this happens, it is on the other teams to raise their game and bring the challenge to the dominant team.
Yes incompetent because they have the highest budget of all teams and still in 2nd place... other teams don't have the amount of money or resources like Mercedes and Ferrari. So the difference?
Let's not forget Ferrari cheats more money from the agreement even though they aren't number 1 team, due to BS deals they have from the past.
Ferrari truly is a handicap for F1, worse team with worse fans.

komninosm
komninosm

selvam_e2002 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
komninosm wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 09:57

I think the point is they could pit Leclerc and let him try for fastest lap, since Vettel had some power issues anyway.
They would rather give up that point to someone else than give it to leclerc ...which would have made leclerc just one point behind Vettel... :lol:
They need to protect their precious queen as they have indirectly said that before the season starts :?
I agree with you. If it is other way around they would pitted Vettel for extra point. I am 100% sure they(ferrari) will not win this year 2019 wdc and wcc with Vettel and average driver Lec(seems Kimi better than Lec). Ferrari Need Alonso at any cost.
Maybe they should have even pitted both drivers. First Vettel and then Leclerc after a couple of Laps

Shakeman

I didn't see the race but reading twitter now the Ferrari excuses are flooding in. Vettel was racing with an engine turned down and video of a radio message telling Lec to not overtake Vet. Where have the cheshire cat grins from testing gone?

Can't wait to see the highlights.

Dr. Acula
Dr. Acula

wickedz50 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 10:22
selvam_e2002 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

Lec is no Ves. If Ferrari had to put a young driver alongside Vet they should have done it with Ves in 2017, which would have been far more logical. Lec is no Ves. Its Vet who will carry through the challenge just like in previous year..where is Ferrari's brains the lord only knows? a competetive car is not a championship winning car alone ...you need 2 championship capable winning drivers working as a team to drive the competetive car to win a championship. Alonso is past and so will Vet. Ferrari winning championship is also of the past.
You mean like McLaren did 2007 when they put Hamilton alongside Alonso? As we all know that worked out great in the end, didn't it? Well, at least for Ferrari it did.

GPR-A

Really disheartening to see Ferrari's problems. Situations like this when happened to Mercedes in the past couple of years, they bounced back with a dominating win next time around. I hope Ferrari would do just that.

I had told some time back that, Leclerc is not going to be a match to Vettel. Not yet. There is so much to learn and some people were betting that the sun would rise from the west and Leclerc would beat Vettel. His qualifying, unforced error in the race, lack of understanding of where to keep the car at the start and pace at first stint, all point of areas of learning. Instead of covering a charging Verstappen on turn 1, he was eyeing to go to the outside of Vettel, from where cars don't come back alive. Not these modern cars. When Vettel covered Verstappen, Leclerc should have boxed him and not allowed space at turn 1. I hope he learns and learns fast.

Extremely liberating to see Bottas win a GP after having such bad luck last year and hope he wins more this season.

Typical start to the season for Lewis Hamilton. Gets a pole and loses the win and then on, it's rage that fuels him. Looking at the pattern of past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if things doesn't turn out as expected at Bahrain for him. That would be the only way to witness the best of his character.

I hope the arm chair aerodynamicists here and elsewhere, would have realized they are witnessing another "longer wheel base is bad" type of a situation for them, when they all concluded that, "ferrari front wing is the best" at winter tests. Well, "high rake is the way to go" thing is yet to die and I know it's hard to die.

THERE CAN ALWAYS BE FASTER CARS WITH DIFFERING AERO PHILOSOPHIES, IF PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO BUILD AND OPTIMIZE THEM. It's easy to copy what is working well for one team as it is hard to bring a parallel new idea and hence, most people jump onto "copy that" band wagon. That doesn't make it, "that is the way to go" thing.

I am surprised Marko and Horner haven't claimed yet that they have the best car and have already won the championship!

Is that Honda, really that good? Wow. Hope they are really good.