2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Capharol

Re: 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, March 15-17

not sure if posted already but for those who are still interested Post Race Press Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEgTkeP ... e=youtu.be

Restomaniac

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:43
Interesting stat on the UK Channel 4 highlights programme: whenever a team has won Melbourne 1-2, the winning driver went on to win the title and the team won the constructors' title.

So Bottas has history on his side this year. Will he keep the roll going...?
Hamilton has a habit of burying such stats.

Capharol

and a video of the fastest Lap by Bottas

https://streamable.com/ehite

Camera focussed on the Face/Helmet of Bottas

foxmulder_ms

Alright race..

Bottas has surprised me. Great start. Rest was easy.

Ferrari is behind and equal to redbull. I dont think it will be a copy of the last season, i.e they will not bounce back in front of Mercs at Bahrain. Merc is very fast. Hamilton with very old tires didnt even sweat to keep Vest on new tires behinds him. I think the championship will be between Bottas and Hamilton.

Renault is alright at race pace, I think the race for the 4th place between Haas and Renault will be fun. Hope Alfa can join them. Kimi was overall really good this weekend.

Schuttelberg

Capharol wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:13
not sure if posted already but for those who are still interested Post Race Press Conference

Is it just me or does Lewis get very vague with answers when he's not seated in the middle? Also noticed that he didn't do his usual best fans, blessed, great city stuff in the post race.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Ringleheim

yelistener wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:01
I thought Bottas's "I want 26pts" in team radio was pretty badass, so I made a little video about it.

Bottas comes to Melbourne to chew bubblegum and get 26 points, and he's all out of bubblegum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXjNZEGs2uI
THIS IS F-ING FANTASTIC!

MORE OF THIS PLEASE!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Ringleheim

Artur Craft wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:56
LM10 wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 15:43
It's so strange, though. Looking at both laps next to each other, the Ferrari seems to be much more relaxed/stable (which normally translates into fast laps, some might assume). Hamilton, on the other hand, looks absolutely on the edge. His head and steering wheel moved as if he was in a just launched rocket. :lol:
I guess you have never seen an onboard from the 80's/early 90's to think that seems on the edge? :lol:
I recommend people go to Youtube and find Senna's qualifying lap at Jerez in Spain, probably in like 1989, 1990, or 1991 in a McLaren Honda.

It's on-board footage.

Holy hell; you'll see what "on the edge" means.

Today's F1 is so f-ing boring! The spectacle is totally gone.

maxxer

Schuttelberg wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:56
Capharol wrote:

Is it just me or does Lewis get very vague with answers when he's not seated in the middle? Also noticed that he didn't do his usual best fans, blessed, great city stuff in the post race.
Well i dont think he was vague at all , but as you are a fan of the finger man then maybe it was superdrama

Ringleheim

Schuttelberg wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:56
Capharol wrote:

They are all like that. He's happy as a pig in shite when he's winning.

When he doesn't win, he's upset, unfriendly, and in a bad mood.

They are all like that and it's been that way since I've been following F1 since the mid '80s.

Jambier

foxmulder_ms wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:40
Alright race..

Bottas has surprised me. Great start. Rest was easy.

Ferrari is behind and equal to redbull. I dont think it will be a copy of the last season, i.e they will not bounce back in front of Mercs at Bahrain. Merc is very fast. Hamilton with very old tires didnt even sweat to keep Vest on new tires behinds him. I think the championship will be between Bottas and Hamilton.

Renault is alright at race pace, I think the race for the 4th place between Haas and Renault will be fun. Hope Alfa can join them. Kimi was overall really good this weekend.
Renault 's goal was to get closer to top team.
In that regards they're a big failure.

But with their budget ,they are OK with this pace

But it is stupid from them to be here fighting for 10th place. I don't see the point

Bill_Kar

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 18:45
6 Points ahead of Vettel is a win for me. Bottas and LeClerc won't pose any real threats over the season.
There were completely contrast emotions while I was watching the race with my dad, him being relaxed and all, and myself being really disappointed. I thought it was such a pity that Ham didn't get full advantage of Ferrari's awful performance as I think season is far from over and we needed a head start to retain a manageable gap to Vettel, who will eventually merge as the main title rival.

But 6 points are 6 points and of course I'll take it.
Last edited by Bill_Kar on 17 Mar 2019, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

Juzh

Artur Craft wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 16:59
Juzh wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 11:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkFZqfc-hs[/url]

Either ferrari/merc have been hit hard on their party modes with the extra restrictions put in place on the PUs this year, or honda has practically closed the gap completely, which would be quite astonishing.
account deleted already. Juzh, can you, please, upload this telemetry comparison again? I doesn't need to be on youtube, it can be wherever you like. Also, did you post onboard laps?
https://streamable.com/m2dog

Which onboard laps? There were a few.

ferkan

Honda closed the gap but gap in quali is same as last year. Oil loophole, I think not, because laat year they went to 0.6L of oil alowed, slashing that to half brings practically nothing as far as performance goes. Meaning, last years regulations pretty much whipped out any oil burning advantage worth anything.