2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marvin78

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Is that because the other do have their failures on big parts or is it because Ferrari has a better concept for this? Or do they simply have less failures?

Webber2011

Jolle wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 12:13
Very impressed by Leclerc like everyone I guess. But apart from his speed over this weekend I was most impressed by his radio message “I am faster” when he came up to his teammate. With all the communications about Vettel being the focus of the team, this was a very clear and very self confident.

Vettel needs to get his act together if he doesn’t want a repeat of 2014, he has to deal with Leclerc for at least two seasons...
I am a Vettel admirer believe it or not.
But his days may be numbered now the boys in red have a dedicated Young Driver Program.

I hated the way Vettel was treated as a clear number one back in the Webber/Vettel days,
But that's what you have to do to win the WDC not only once, but multiple times.
You have to have the Team SO,SO, concentrating on you alone.

Not putting the bloke down, but Seb needs pampering.

He had that at Red Bull, but the boys in red seemed to have changed their philosophy about having a clear number one driver.

Now Leclerc has shown his hand, Seb's going to endure some pain unless he can bounce back and start dominating quickly.

p.s.
It was hard to express what I want to say, because some buttons on my laptop just stopped working
:D :D :D :D :D

yener

TBH, I never believed Vettel was a "fast" driver. There is a lot of proof out there.

At RedBull i think he was pampered by the team and Webber never got the same treatment as they gave to Vettel.

After placing Ricciardo besides Vettel, he just got beaten. Especially in the race pace Daniel was just the faster one.

At Ferrari, he was not that much better than mister "steering wheel"

I started to believe that Seb is just mediocre . But then, Ferrari and RedBull must me blind or stupid and i think they arent.

Anyways, if he gets beaten by Charles the next couples races it will end bad for Seb.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Nonserviam85

Next race will be very interesting, Charles is very fast but Bahrain is his favourite track. China will be more representative between the two. If Charles is faster again, it will be Seb's downfall especially if he doesn't start to rack up wins.

Jozsusz

F1NAC wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 13:25
Good news for ICE it is salvageable

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/status ... 6447575040
I don't believe this bs.

Leclerc's race engineer told him, he has no H recovery. This wasn't an ICE failure.

marvin78

Jozsusz wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:47
F1NAC wrote:

I don't believe this bs.

Leclerc's race engineer told him, he has no H recovery. This wasn't an ICE failure.
He said: "no recovery". That could mean, that they could not do something about the problem during the race!

BwajSF

marvin78 wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:52
Jozsusz wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:47
F1NAC wrote:

I don't believe this bs.

He said: "no recovery". That could mean, that they could not do something about the problem during the race!
Yup.. the team radio mentioned that they dont have H-recovery.. which might have been his first hypothesis seeing the issues as there would be drop in pressure and volume of the exhaust gases coming to the turbo. Hence it under rotates the turbo and the recovery is reduced in the mgu-h.

But further analysis have seen the it has originated from the injector malfunction at cylinder 4 causing a cylinder out of 6 to potentially be there in the V as a dead weight.
for example if we consider Ferrari engine is producing close to 800bhp (only ice) i.e. that is close to 120+ hp loss with the dead weight of the inactive cylinder pulling the power back further. Also, the harvesting would have been lesser than the optimal 160hp.
Also, not to mention Ferrari seeing the issue would have directly reverted to safe guarding other parts of engine too rather than just bypasing the issue. Hence, such loss in power.
And what mattia says technically makes sense.

I did watch the race replays again Leclerc still have the harvesting lights working in the last 10 laps but it was lighting up in weird places.. like in middle of pit striaght, also after the apex of the last corner etc. This phenomenon is generally caused when the battery runs out it switched to recharge mode. enough harvesting was not happening.

So.. logically checks out too.
Just my analysis...
happy to learn.. if i m wrong too..

LM10

We will find out soon, if it was the MGU-H. If Ferrari don't replace it, it wasn't. Mattia Binotto didn't seem too concerned and hinted that it would be an easy fix.

dtro

yener wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:39
TBH, I never believed Vettel was a "fast" driver. There is a lot of proof out there.

At RedBull i think he was pampered by the team and Webber never got the same treatment as they gave to Vettel.

After placing Ricciardo besides Vettel, he just got beaten. Especially in the race pace Daniel was just the faster one.

At Ferrari, he was not that much better than mister "steering wheel"

I started to believe that Seb is just mediocre . But then, Ferrari and RedBull must me blind or stupid and i think they arent.

Anyways, if he gets beaten by Charles the next couples races it will end bad for Seb.
What's particularly worrying is that one of the main things that bothered me about Seb that last few years is an inability to accept when he was in the wrong, or under pressure. It's like he's driving with wool over his eyes, and when he catches a glimpse of the real world he rears and oversteers haha.

Phil

In my very humble opinion, I'd be quite surprised if Ferrari at that point during the race, in communication with their driver, didn't have the means or intel to distinguish the difference between a cylinder failure and the MGU-H. That car is full of sensors. If the fault was within the ICE itself, then yes, isolating causes are probably more difficult, but the MGU-H?

Losing a cylinder would produce all kinds of tells that they would have picked up on if that were the case. That's just my 2 cents though.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79

Phil wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 20:22
In my very humble opinion, I'd be quite surprised if Ferrari at that point during the race, in communication with their driver, didn't have the means or intel to distinguish the difference between a cylinder failure and the MGU-H. That car is full of sensors. If the fault was within the ICE itself, then yes, isolating causes are probably more difficult, but the MGU-H?

Losing a cylinder would produce all kinds of tells that they would have picked up on if that were the case. That's just my 2 cents though.
The thing that's odd to me, is that I have watched several on-boards both before and after he reported issues, and it doesn't sound like he is down a cylinder.
197 104 103 7

Espresso

Just pragmatic: LeClerc suffered fuel Starvation....cause for the problems.

Kudos to his engineers for getting him to the finish line. (They even increased the oil pressure :wink: )
Kudos to Renault for getting him on the podium.

Around 3:00 his engineers confirm his fuel status is not okay
Around 6:00 LeClerc gives his excuses to his team.

Hopefully hard lesson for LeClerc to lift & coast -and- flow through the corners. Then he'll surely finish P1 somewhere this season.

Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

digitalrurouni

So you are claiming the car was underfueled?

Unf

OR even more - Leclrec did not save enough fuel and beacuse of that was not able to push hard enough till end of the race despite of engine problem?

bosyber

But isn't that only after he got the problem, meaning it might just be that the PU-issue caused the ERS-H to not do as much, largely reducing overall (fuel) efficiency, thus causing the fuel shortage and requiring a larger than normal effort to reduce fuel consumption, as shown in those messages.