2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Godius

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

They should have scheduled Albon in the RB15 for tomorrow and the Ticktum guy in the STR14.

Marti_EF3

Godius wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:12
They should have scheduled Albon in the RB15 for tomorrow and the Ticktum guy in the STR14.
That would be great =P~

foneFanatiq

Godius wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 20:12
I agree with this

Sieper

Ticktum is the simulator test driver, it is handy fir his feedback If he can feel the car. also, it would put extra pressure on Gasly. Give him a chance.

McMika98
McMika98

The penny has finally dropped. The reason the car has been struggling with balance is as Max pointed out down to wrong setup direction going to qualy and race. Dan the man as we now understand has been on the simulator a lot lately. Could he be sabotaging Gasly by taking the car in the wrong direction. Lol.
Jokes aside i seriously hope he isnt helping with the setup in Buemi's absence. That would be one clusterflame of a joke to use his input. Hmmm.

Artur Craft

"Anybody else realised when a Toro Rosso passed Leclerc how poor it was? I mean, it had drs on and, even with Leclerc's problem, it could hardly get away from him. Honda is a lot worse than I thought."

I posted this on the race thread. I'm not convinced by Honda judging by the speed trap data, as a lot of things influence those figures. I read on another forum that italian media estimates Honda to be behind by 38HP. That would account for over 1s. I wonder how long the honeymoon with Honda will last.

Marti_EF3

Artur Craft wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 00:36
"Anybody else realised when a Toro Rosso passed Leclerc how poor it was? I mean, it had drs on and, even with Leclerc's problem, it could hardly get away from him. Honda is a lot worse than I thought."

I posted this on the race thread. I'm not convinced by Honda judging by the speed trap data, as a lot of things influence those figures. I read on another forum that italian media estimates Honda to be behind by 38HP. That would account for over 1s. I wonder how long the honeymoon with Honda will last.
Easy to blame on Honda again. How poor it was an STR with 340kph?? Or that they no longer need more fuel saving than Ferrari or Merc?? Or that they messed the setup and tires not working?? But again, all the blame for Honda, the easiest thinking always.

And an estimation coming from "sound" of engines? Well...

Maybe what is a lot worse is Renault, that even if they've improved in power output (and no better than Honda) they keep breaking and multiple issues with the electric and MGU-K systems. And even an ICE blown...

But yes, all of you keep thinking it's Honda, the simple way ever =D> =D> =D>

Sayeman

Honda has done a steller job this winter. Dont forget how long they have been out of F1 and how late they joined the circus. They had to redesign the PU in 2017.

Considering where they were in 2017 and how they are now more powerful and reliable than Renault, they deserve applauds. But the gap to Merc/Ferrari is still too big.

Lets see what the next upgrade brings. Should be atleast 10-15bhp.
Never Give up.

ispano6

Artur Craft wrote:

Red Bull is convinced and thats all that matters.

Seems people who want the honeymoon to end are just jealous!

GhostF1
GhostF1

Artur Craft wrote:

Sigh...
That article was an obvious April Fools day joke .. that same article said Mercedes uses "a new cutting edge form of "phonography" (or something) to establish who is making what power" and that McLaren will announce Toyota partnership this Thursday.

I'm not entirely sure what people want to see for them to consider Honda has actually made incredible progress. I fear for doubt to be erased, people want to see them punish Merc.

As it stands. Mercedes and Honda are currently tied for most reliable engine in the paddock. Which is actually impressive to say. Even if only two race weekends have passed. We should also remember, RBR have given instruction to Honda to push forward with power, less so reliability. So I think we should keep an open mind to that. A failure before Barcelona may be on the cards. At the moment, Honda have been confident after every race weekend session that there have been zero PU issues. They haven't been so open about that I'm the past.
Last edited by GhostF1 on 03 Apr 2019, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Revs84
Revs84

Artur Craft wrote:

How did you calculate 38 bhp to be equivalent to 1 second? :roll:

munudeges
munudeges

It greatly amused me when Toto Wolff tried to tell everyone Honda was only '10hp' off (which is meaningless, because it depends on where that horsepower is and under what circumstances), but acoustic analysis tells a different story where Honda are still a very, very long way off along with Renault. Couple that with a chassis they seem to have strangely got lost with and you've got the perfect storm.

I said a little while ago that Honda were going to be under a lot of pressure and the honeymoon period is over. It looks as though both they and the team will be.

munudeges
munudeges

GhostF1 wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 07:59
Sigh...
That article was an obvious April Fools day joke .. that same article said Mercedes uses "a new cutting edge form of "phonography" (or something) to establish who is making what power" and that McLaren will announce Toyota partnership this Thursday.
Acoustic analysis is anything but an April Fool's joke, but that Toyota thing is amusing.
I'm not entirely sure what people want to see for them to consider Honda has actually made incredible progress. I fear for doubt to be erased, people want to see them punish Merc.
Winning races.

Webber2011
Webber2011

munudeges wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:34
It greatly amused me when Toto Wolff tried to tell everyone Honda was only '10hp' off (which is meaningless, because it depends on where that horsepower is and under what circumstances), but acoustic analysis tells a different story where Honda are still a very, very long way off along with Renault. Couple that with a chassis they seem to have strangely got lost with and you've got the perfect storm.

I said a little while ago that Honda were going to be under a lot of pressure and the honeymoon period is over. It looks as though both they and the team will be.
That's hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every well reputed person is saying Honda are almost equal to Mercedes, and Renault are just behind.

Don't worry about what Honda can do right now, they're doing great.
It's more on Red Bull's side at the moment I reckon.

Capharol
Capharol

munudeges wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:34

first of all if you tell yourself long enough the honeymoon period between Honda and RB is over, you eventually will be right, but let me assure you it's all ok between mommy and daddy, we are not having a fight and not going to divorce anytime soon :wink:

secondly, it's been all over the news, ppl here telling the same thing, hell even Verstappen and Gasly told it .... there is something wrong, yes, but it ain't the engine .... so that's what RB CAN fix....so cheer up, put a smile on your face and say you're happy (should work well against negatives thoughts)