2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Artur Craft wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 00:36
"Anybody else realised when a Toro Rosso passed Leclerc how poor it was? I mean, it had drs on and, even with Leclerc's problem, it could hardly get away from him. Honda is a lot worse than I thought."
Yes sir I also saw the same thing as you.
However, then I realized that the TR was in cruise mode. :lol:
Leclerc was very hurt, it was not worth using overtaking modes with him. I hope to solve your doubts. regards

Marti_EF3

HPD wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 13:17
Artur Craft wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 00:36
"Anybody else realised when a Toro Rosso passed Leclerc how poor it was? I mean, it had drs on and, even with Leclerc's problem, it could hardly get away from him. Honda is a lot worse than I thought."
Yes sir I also saw the same thing as you.
However, then I realized that the TR was in cruise mode. :lol:
Leclerc was very hurt, it was not worth using overtaking modes with him. I hope to solve your doubts. regards
And the TR was unlapping, so whats the point on pushing? Even if they were on low maps, they don't care because Leclerc had an engine issue :lol:

GhostF1
GhostF1

munudeges wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:37
GhostF1 wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 07:59
Sigh...
That article was an obvious April Fools day joke .. that same article said Mercedes uses "a new cutting edge form of "phonography" (or something) to establish who is making what power" and that McLaren will announce Toyota partnership this Thursday.
Acoustic analysis is anything but an April Fool's joke, but that Toyota thing is amusing.
I'm not entirely sure what people want to see for them to consider Honda has actually made incredible progress. I fear for doubt to be erased, people want to see them punish Merc.
Winning races.
If you believe it was acoustic analysis that allowed some journalist to extrapolate the figure of "38hp" you're just as foolish as your "honeymoon is over" statements.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Sounds like that April fools day joke has got many people...

foofykid
foofykid

Now that Ferrari are back to full power you'll see that RB isn't as good as last year. Australia was a misleading podium finish for the team. They are still in the top 3 but the gap is better than before. The Honda engine is more reliable this year but, they focused more on that then power.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Quote from the fast and the furious: "Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning"

Yes, Red bull car is not on par with Merc or Ferrari on pure pace. The team says it is the chassis and Honda admit they are not on par with the other 2 PUs. these are facts. Why are we keep beating this dead horse all day every day? Max was 3rd on the podium and that mean he was the 3rd fastest in the RACE that day, all that if and buts means nothing. Same goes for Bahrain, if Leclerc didn't have engine issue, he would be first but he did have engine issue. That means that Ferrari was only good for 3rd fastest during that race at the end of the race.

If Honda has turned up the engine to match Merc and Ferrari but blowing up before the end of the race every race, would you defend Honda the way people defend Renault's PU failure and Ferrari's issues?

Capharol
Capharol

foofykid wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 14:07
Now that Ferrari are back to full power you'll see that RB isn't as good as last year. Australia was a misleading podium finish for the team. They are still in the top 3 but the gap is better than before. The Honda engine is more reliable this year but, they focused more on that then power.
On both things Honda improved massively, only the aeropackage isn't (yet) build for it and that's why RB has so many (minor) problems which reflect in the Quali and Race

godlameroso

There is hope, the barge board deflectors on this car are not good(the ones connected to the deflector on the end of the crash structure). The fact they have the shortest chassis out of the top 3, along with their BB, and new rules means the car is more pitch sensitive than before. Tuning out the PS isn't easy because it affects how the tires are worked. So you can get the aero in the right window, but pushes the tires out of the window, and vice versa.
Saishū kōnā

dren

What defines the right window for aero if it pushes the tires out of their window?
Honda!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

GhostF1 wrote:
munudeges wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:37
GhostF1 wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 07:59
Sigh...
That article was an obvious April Fools day joke .. that same article said Mercedes uses "a new cutting edge form of "phonography" (or something) to establish who is making what power" and that McLaren will announce Toyota partnership this Thursday.
Acoustic analysis is anything but an April Fool's joke, but that Toyota thing is amusing.
I'm not entirely sure what people want to see for them to consider Honda has actually made incredible progress. I fear for doubt to be erased, people want to see them punish Merc.
Winning races.
If you believe it was acoustic analysis that allowed some journalist to extrapolate the figure of "38hp" you're just as foolish as your "honeymoon is over" statements.
Lol... On the money :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 14:35
The fact they have the shortest chassis out of the top 3, along with their BB, and new rules means the car is more pitch sensitive than before.
There's like 8 cm difference, which is almost nothing and in the days gone by no one would bat an eye about it.

2017 when it was ~20 cm it was more of a factor, now not so much.

godlameroso

Estimated 8cm difference, I still think the car is too pitch sensitive, and they have to work around that with setup, but then they can't get the tires to work properly because of the setup they have to run. There's something TR, Ferrari, Haas, McLaren, and Mercedes have done that Red Bull have not done. I think part of that is key to getting that extra little bit from the aero side, where they can work the setup to suit the tires a little bit more. If the car is less pitch sensitive because of better aero, you can make sacrifices on the setup to suit the tires. This unlocks tons of performance on the car, at least .3 seconds, because both tires and aero will be in the right window.

Then if Honda takes a small step forward, the gap will be eliminated, however it's not easy. Doing it would be a testament to the work put in by both camps.
Saishū kōnā

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Capharol wrote:
foofykid wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 14:07
On both things Honda improved massively, only the aeropackage isn't (yet) build for it and that's why RB has so many (minor) problems which reflect in the Quali and Race
But didn’t Marko said that they build the best car they’ve ever build? Didn’t he said that they were behind Ferrari and ahead of Mercedes?... Their performance doesn’t seem to indicate that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HPD

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 16:26
But didn’t Marko said that they build the best car they’ve ever build? Didn’t he said that they were behind Ferrari and ahead of Mercedes?... Their performance doesn’t seem to indicate that.
Your comments really start to bore me :)

Revs84
Revs84

Redbull have experimented using a new wing that favours outwash instead of inwash in Bahrain testing.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... h/4364378/