General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

gandharva wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 19:06
Here it is with proper resolution and non stuttering service provider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxo8paRaehU
At 1:04 we can see the steering-dash: it shows "K start ready"
Can we assume the car is ready to start the PU via MGU-K?

Juzh

Capharol wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 14:24
and watch the McLaren and Toro Rosso :wtf:
TR and mclaren ran visibly much lower wing angles comapred to everyone else.

Capharol

Juzh wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 22:50
Capharol wrote:
that's not only what i meant, i meant what leap the made compared to last year, that can not only be reached by lower wing angles.
For McLaren means that they are on the right path with the chassis, for TR it ment engine and chassis wise... how they developed

SmallSoldier

Capharol wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Capharol wrote:
that's not only what i meant, i meant what leap the made compared to last year, that can not only be reached by lower wing angles.
For McLaren means that they are on the right path with the chassis, for TR it ment engine and chassis wise... how they developed
Agreed, more impressive than the outright speed is the improvement year on year from both... Wondering what Bahrein will bring us in terms of data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hasika

lio007 wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 19:50
gandharva wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 19:06
Here it is with proper resolution and non stuttering service provider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxo8paRaehU
At 1:04 we can see the steering-dash: it shows "K start ready"
Can we assume the car is ready to start the PU via MGU-K?

https://i.imgur.com/ZsEknjs.png
Its not a surprise because Honda already used MGU-K to start the PU last year.

Juzh

Capharol wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 23:18
Juzh wrote:
Capharol wrote:
Yes, leap was made, but it those 2 cases it's exacerbated.

ispano6

Good job Honda and a triple points finish! First two races out of the way and all Honda drivers have scored points!
It's fitting that reliability is proving to be Red Bull's strength. Hopefully some more performance can be brought to the next race.

Wouter

It is a pity. Last year you could not see the potential of the Honda engine, because STR did not have such a good car.
This year RBR has a very "bad" car, which will probably not be good until race 5.
The Honda engine however is strong and reliable.
You could see it with Alexander Albon during the race. He has delivered a very good performance and this is only his 2nd race and has never driven an F1 car before! =D>
The Power of Dreams!

McMika98

Relax guys Dan the man ticktum will drive the wheels off this RedBull on Wednesday and identify the missing link to the inability to switch the C3 compound.
On a serious note, they will get more data in testing, so come China with the C4 they should have better showing.

HPD

So, this time, I would like to briefly introduce the main members of Honda F1. (Pray that the person does not read ... LOL)

As well as last year, Honda's circuit site will be led by technical director Toyoji Tanabe. I am a long-time race shop who has spent most of his career on the circuit. Even when I joined the team last year, despite coming from different categories, the engineers were in a hurry to take control and lead the new scene with great speed. I always calm down during work, and instantly, but I will make a decision. (Actually, I am humorous and smiling outside of work. I was delighted with the results of this time, too.

Below that are two chief engineers. Motohashi Engineer is responsible for Toro Rosso, and George Engineer for Red Bull. Motohashi engineer has a relationship with Mr. Tanabe from the middle of the third stage F1 and can be said as a right arm. (I was scared at first, so I didn't talk to him at first. But in fact, it's a kind-hearted elder brother, and it's really a system. It's called 'bear' by Tanabe-san.

George Engineer has been with Tanabe for over 25 years (!) Since the 1993 Indy Project. This is also because I have been working together for many years, and it is Amida's breathing. In the past, he experienced categories such as F1 and NASCAR, and can be said to be a professional running race engines. I am very stoic about my work, but I have a deep understanding of Japanese and Honda's way of working and I am a reliable leader for the members. (I remember only strange Japanese words, but I'm not good at sashimi. I like to talk with other cultures while racing with him.)

Apart from the circuit, the leader of PU development at HRD-Sakura in Japan is Project Leader Yasuaki Asaki. Under last year's leadership, under strong leadership, the direction of development has been clarified to improve PU performance and reliability. Mr. Tanabe says, "It is a very encouraging person because it is a person who understands the key to technology, and understands this even if he does not say much". (When I first talked about it, it was an impression of "old-fashioned Honda engineer-stubborn-------but it is a pro-skin, it is a person who has the warmth of giving me a fine attentiveness to my subordinates.)

Masashi Yamamoto (currently General Manager of the Motorsport Department), who will become Managing Director in April, will continue to be in charge of team management, team / FIA negotiations and marketing that are far from technology. (In fact, last Friday was my birthday). I have experience as a driver, and I have also had a race in the world of Kart with Max Verstappen father and former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

The attitude that leads us with a strong will and a clear vision for "Honda's race" is said to be "the old-fashioned Honda-like person" along with Mr. Asaki from the Japanese media. On the other hand, the team and others are said to be "not at all Japanese" due to their open personality, and have gained a great deal of trust. (The attitude that everyone can immediately understand is rather Latin. It's also a motivator for people and a negotiator for different ways of using it)

(Who will appear next time ...)

https://ja.hondaracingf1.com/insights/b ... und01.html

rogazilla

Almost 350 laps today from Honda!

aleshondas

rogazilla wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 16:30
Yeah amazing =D> =D>

mzso

rogazilla wrote:
How many extra engines can they use for testing? Unlimited?

ispano6

https://www.gpfans.com/nl/artikelen/377 ... n-bahrein/
Honda is experimenting with new engine settings in Bahrain

Red Bull and Honda are going great at the start of this season. Certainly in view of the problems that Renault currently has, it can be said that the switch from Red Bull to Honda was a golden move. Yet there is always room for improvement. "We understand better how the engine behaves."
This quote comes from Honda's technical director, Masamitsu Motohashi. He states that the data that the team has collected so far from the two races allows the team to gain more insight into how the engine works under certain circumstances. "This is the first test session since Barcelona. It is useful to confirm the lessons we learned during the race weekends. This will help us to further optimize the engine for the coming races," says Motohashi.
Because this is a test, we can also experiment with a wider range of settings than during a racing weekend, "he continues." In this way we learn more about the behavior of the engine. "Thanks to the rain, the During the first test day not many laps were driven, but this morning both Albon and Ticktum managed to put down a good number of laps.
Verstappen positive after test day: 'We can do much better than what we have shown so far'. Stepping is positive about the tests in Bahrain.

Max Verstappen is satisfied with the results achieved so far during the tests. "We don't get too many days to get to know the car, it all goes by way too fast during a race weekend, so days like this help a lot. We know what did not work during the weekend in terms of grip, so we have tried to work on it. I think we have learned a lot. "

maguetox

rogazilla wrote:
According to Autosport report there a little bit more of laps,
Albon: 143
Ticktum: 134
Kvyat: 111

Total laps: 388

Did we realize that in last 3 weeks Honda gathered information from 2 grand prix (4 drivers) and this test without mayor reliability issues, and all the information that all this represent.

If they in the last 2 years improve with the limited data of running a single team with all the reliability issues, I just don´t want to imagine how happy and exited the Honda engineers are right now with the data of this year.