[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Alonso Fan

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2018

Thanks. Good suggestion. I had a very brief encounter with fusion 360 when it started out as inventor fusion. At the time I didn't know how to model on parametric cad so I left it for sketchup. That's until I went to uni and learned solidworks.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

CAEdevice

Hi, a new realese of the wheels is ready, the deformation and contact area are much more realistic (despite we need a compromise with averaged values, considering that the load on the wheels changes with speed and acceleration).

Is there any news/request about the brakes ducts and about the sospensions? The section of the suspension arms is not parallel to the ground, there is a small angle (around 4°) in order to make the section neutral in real flow conditions. I also used slightly "fatter" section than allowed by F1 rules in order to adapt to the different angles of the flow.

machin

Are the suspensions in FreeCAD format? If so yes, please E-mail then to me...

Also, I am struggling to make a simple but good looking crash helmet for the driver... do you (or anyone else) have one? We’re not looking for anything too detailed...

Thanks,
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 12:19
Are the suspensions in FreeCAD format? If so yes, please E-mail then to me...

Also, I am struggling to make a simple but good looking crash helmet for the driver... do you (or anyone else) have one? We’re not looking for anything too detailed...

Thanks,
No sorry, I used Solidworks.

I can model the helmet, but I can't find the general dimensions.

LVDH

We should be able to import the STEP into FreeCAD.

machin

I'll take some measurements of my helmet tonight.

hollus

Wouldn't the helmet in the Perrinn car be enough?
Rivals, not enemies.

CAEdevice

hollus wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 16:56
Wouldn't the helmet in the Perrinn car be enough?
Yes, great idea. I have the F1 Perrinn 2016 Helmet somewhere, in STEP format.

machin

Yes, thanks Hollus for the suggestion and Matteo for the file... that Perrin Helmet is pretty good: nice shape without being overly detailed.

etsmc

sorry but another question for @LVDH regarding post-processing.
I have my on monitoring surfaces that post-processing is producing images of the streamlines which is awesome but it is hard to tell which monitoring surface is producing what streamlines.
Say I have 2 monitoring surfaces close to each other under the floor they look near identical, does the filename correspond to something or is it possible to get the name of the monitoring surface on the image somewhere?

I have been playing with a simple test car with rules similar to the old championship and getting a cl/cd of around 2 so still going to lag behind for a while I think...

looking forward to the supplied parts.

LVDH

etsmc wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 05:52
sorry but another question for @LVDH regarding post-processing.
I have my on monitoring surfaces that post-processing is producing images of the streamlines which is awesome but it is hard to tell which monitoring surface is producing what streamlines.
Say I have 2 monitoring surfaces close to each other under the floor they look near identical, does the filename correspond to something or is it possible to get the name of the monitoring surface on the image somewhere?

I have been playing with a simple test car with rules similar to the old championship and getting a cl/cd of around 2 so still going to lag behind for a while I think...

looking forward to the supplied parts.
Right now, I am afraid the file names are somewhat obfuscated. I was always wondering about also creating an image with all streamlines together but not coloring them by velocity but rather giving each set of streams a discrete color. What do you think about that?

etsmc

LVDH wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:36
I was always wondering about also creating an image with all streamlines together but not coloring them by velocity but rather giving each set of streams a discrete color. What do you think about that?
I like that idea.
Is it hard to do as I wouldn't want something as trivial as this to take time away from the main development and pull focus from the championship?

CAEdevice

Sorry for the delay!

https://eternitywall.it/m/7c8ec26ac039a ... 48a4c41c80

MVRC 2018 results have been included into the Blockchain.

Congratulations to Variante!

machin

CAEdevice wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 11:59
MVRC 2018 results have been included into the Blockchain,
8)

Just a little update for you guys as we've been a little quiet over the past couple of weeks: the standard parts and legality volumes are pretty much complete now, and we are in the process of building our own test car (currently about 90% complete), and finalising Mantium Flow updates. Our plan is to use the test car over the weekend to validate that the rules are workable, and that the Mantium Flow changes work as planned....

Maybe if Andre is happy I will post a picture of the MVRC Test Car in a the next day or so....

CAEdevice

Thanks for the update!