2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gothrek

Re: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

SiLo wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:07
When was the last time Hamilton made a mistake whilst under pressure like Vettel?
When was the last time Hamilton had a decent teammate? Alonso? Cruising to WDCs in the most dominant car ever isn't much of a challenge or cause for a lot of pressure.
I assume the pressure at Ferrari is a bit higher. They haven't won a WCC since 2007. Always getting second builds up a lot of pressure, especially with such a weight of the heritage and company.

GPR-A

People here, for once and for all, need to understand that, these driver comparison debates ends nowhere, other than humiliating each other. It's human behavior that, once you form a strong opinion on one individual, that doesn't change. Especially true for opinion formed on established sportsmen. In early stages of of a sportsperson's career, there is some swaying around in terms of opinion, but once established, pretty much opinions are solidified. Better stop fighting who is better than who.

Between, I am huge Maldonado fan and believe he was the only driver capable of driving a car to "MORE" than what it was capable of. No one can change that opinion.

Now let's get back to Chinese GP.

siskue2005

Gothrek wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 15:45
SiLo wrote:
When was the last time Hamilton made a mistake whilst under pressure like Vettel?
When was the last time Hamilton had a decent teammate? Alonso? Cruising to WDCs in the most dominant car ever isn't much of a challenge or cause for a lot of pressure.
I assume the pressure at Ferrari is a bit higher. They haven't won a WCC since 2007. Always getting second builds up a lot of pressure, especially with such a weight of the heritage and company.
Wow, the only guy in the current field or the entire f1 drivers in history who had 3 WDC as his teammates and beat them all in the same car.. this guy is now considered as the one without any decent teammate? :lol:
Cruising to WDC in the most dominant car?? Really did u even see the 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 season? Or just read the championship standings online today?

And about the pressure at Ferrari...do u have quantitative way to measure the pressure difference in all the teams? :wtf:

FrukostScones

I have the feeling BOT will win.
BOT LEC HAM?
VET crashes with VER. (again)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Polite

siskue2005 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 20:23
Gothrek wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Wow, the only guy in the current field or the entire f1 drivers in history who had 3 WDC as his teammates and beat them all in the same car.. this guy is now considered as the one without any decent teammate? :lol:
Cruising to WDC in the most dominant car?? Really did u even see the 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 season? Or just read the championship standings online today?

And about the pressure at Ferrari...do u have quantitative way to measure the pressure difference in all the teams? :wtf:
Hamilton lost with Button m8..

djos

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:59
djos wrote:
Juzh wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 08:17

let me have a piece of that nice crystall ball you seem to possess.
I don't don't have a crystal ball, however imo there's a distinct trend forming that when having to actually race for a win, Vettel is quite mistake prone.
A “distinct trend” based on your “ample sized sample”... It has been 2 races, one of which (Melbourne) isn’t representative of a season and suddenly there is a “distinct trend”... Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Look further back to his TR and RedBull days, when he started from the front he was untouchable. However when racing through the pack he crashed into multiple drivers like button and Webber that I can recall of the top of my head.
"In downforce we trust"

FMP
FMP

Okay people, this driver discussion must end now. It's lacking meaning and respect!

My pre-weekend guess is that Mercedes will be a step closer to Ferrari at a track where their rear tyre heating up shouldn't be as much of a problem. The question remains whether Ferrari really has reliability sorted out. Vettel's pace in Bahrain wasn't only down to driver difference, a personal and not too well grounded guess. Are there still more problems in that engine? Was it just over cooling the engine in Australia? RBR doesn't seem to hope for much change before race 5. Haas will keep on mixing their performances. What was the tyre temp problem really in Bahrain? Can they fix it or was it just a track specific problem? Alfa must hope that Bahrain was just a track not suited for their car. Renault, well it's all down to reliability there. And that is the most difficult thing to change year to year, not even thinking about race to race. I haven't heard much about Pink Team, are they putting resources into this year or have they realised this will be a transitional season for them. McLaren will be interesting to follow. Have they really found that pace or was it just a coincidence in two races. Williams...

NathanOlder

Polite wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 22:59
siskue2005 wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 20:23
Gothrek wrote:

Hamilton lost with Button m8..
I thought he won 2 seasons losing just 1. Last time I checked 2 was more than 1.

Hamilton 1.0 Alonso
Hamilton 2.0 Kovalainen
Hamilton 2.1 Button
Hamilton 3.1 Rosberg
Hamilton 2.0 Bottas

Think thats accuracte.

Anyway, China.....

I cant wait to see the sector times. As the fasts S3 is all about the Ferrari PU. Where as Bahrain all 3 sectors had big straights. So in China we may get a better picture of the so called Ferrari Power Advantage.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Capharol

for me i guess Ferrari will be on top, closely followed by Mercs
RBR can be happy if they can pull off a stunt like last year.
McLaren might be in the mix against Gasly (he disappointed me badly)
Haas, hopefully up there to but with Grosjean and "Big Balls" Magnussen ..... suprise suprise
the Pink Panthers..... not sure were to put them
Renault, same procedure as every year since V6 started..... Reliabillity, Reliabillity
Alfa Romeo, guessing points will be for grasp again
TR, hmmmm Speed isn't everything but they maybe fighting for positions 8-10, if they can take it? not sure

Williams, No Comment

siskue2005

Capharol wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 01:28
Haas, hopefully up there to but with Grosjean and "Big Balls" Magnussen ..... suprise suprise
Renault, same procedure as every year since V6 started..... Reliabillity, Reliabillity
TR, hmmmm Speed isn't everything but they maybe fighting for positions 8-10, if they can take it? not sure

Williams, No Comment
The weather will play havoc on these predictions....but its going to be another fun race =D>

GPR-A

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 06:14
Capharol wrote:

Williams, No Comment
The weather will play havoc on these predictions....but its going to be another fun race =D>
I would love to see rain for both quali and race!

Partymood

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 06:14
Capharol wrote:

Williams, No Comment
8)

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/ ... spx?sday=2

https://www.accuweather.com/en/cn/shang ... _poi?day=5

https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/16242:25:CH

https://www.yr.no/place/China/Shanghai/ ... /long.html

digitalrurouni

Partymood wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 15:27
digitalrurouni wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:10
SiLo wrote:

Exactly. I can't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FrJdDAhyU
Hah awesome video!! Seems like all that made Lewis a stellar modern F1 driver. TBH I never followed full F1 seasons till the hybrid era started.

Partymood

digitalrurouni wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 17:23
Partymood wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 15:27
digitalrurouni wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:10

Exactly. I can't remember.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FrJdDAhyU
Hah awesome video!! Seems like all that made Lewis a stellar modern F1 driver. TBH I never followed full F1 seasons till the hybrid era started.
Thank you.
I posted it to help with memory loss. Glad that you liked it.

siskue2005

Partymood wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 17:41
digitalrurouni wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 17:23
Thank you.
I posted it to help with memory loss. Glad that you liked it.
Yeah, why not post only the mistakes he made? And which had actual consequences on the race and championship? Car and tyre failures are all his mistakes now? :lol: and also showing his crashes from practice sessions etc? Who made this? R people so desperate ? #-o :lol:

Anyways moving on, some sources saying rain on Sunday, some not