2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ferkan

Re: 2019 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, April 12-14

gandharva wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:21
Juzh wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:32
Vettel vs verstappen q3 lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMcJVtm ... e=youtu.be
The Ferrari is a rocket on the straights, but it has huge understeer in slower corners. I think what Newey said about the old school fronwings Merc and RBR are running, might already come true here. More front downforce and more development potential. Could be a tough season for the winter test king if that trend develops further in that direction.
Then again, under 100kph aero plays much lesser role then at 250kph where Ferrari has no problem matching RB and Merc, nor it exibits understeer. I think it has more to do with suspension and front end kinematics.
Last edited by ferkan on 13 Apr 2019, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Capharol

mclaren113 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:19
etusch wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:55
Juzh wrote:

If we assume that true that Ferrari has best Engine, then Redbull is very close to Ferrari and they can be better than Ferrari with Barcelona update. After Honda engine update maybe a closer look to back design of mercedes. I think they are in a good shape. We need a few hp more Honda. Come on.
Keep dreaming!
well 2 weeks ago McLaren was hyped because they where soooooo fast ...... now? P14 and P15
Now RB is only 0.2 away of Ferrari, who expected to be the fastest here after Bahrain and 0,5 behind Mercs... i am even gonna claim Verstappen could have been 3rd or 4th on the grid ........

so yes .....keep dreaming

etusch

mclaren113 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:19
etusch wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 10:55
Juzh wrote:

If we assume that true that Ferrari has best Engine, then Redbull is very close to Ferrari and they can be better than Ferrari with Barcelona update. After Honda engine update maybe a closer look to back design of mercedes. I think they are in a good shape. We need a few hp more Honda. Come on.
Keep dreaming!
A missed second run and a race ahead. I have dreams too

Capharol

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... ontent=www
Asked by Motorsport.com to explain what happened, Verstappen said: “We were too late anyway [to get across the line] and I already had three cars who overtook me. I was just getting my spot [in the queue].

“Pierre also got the hurry-up from his engineer so I think it’s quite normal.”..........

.......In the aftermath, an angry Verstappen had accused his fellow drivers of behaving like "wankers"
Verstappen in sweary rant at rivals over Q3 tacticsband breaking the “gentleman’s agreement” not to interfere with one another’s preparations at the end of a lap.

Speaking slightly later, he admitted was not sure himself how long was left but did not want to be the “asshole” overtaking someone.

Verstappen said he was only hurried up by his team “when they got past” and said that, plus the actions of his rivals, prompted the “mess”.
now sounding more the rant he gave to the others was more meant for himself and the team

selvam_e2002

Capharol wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:29
Asked by Motorsport.com to explain what happened, Verstappen said: “We were too late anyway [to get across the line] and I already had three cars who overtook me. I was just getting my spot [in the queue].

“Pierre also got the hurry-up from his engineer so I think it’s quite normal.”..........

.......In the aftermath, an angry Verstappen had accused his fellow drivers of behaving like "wankers"
Verstappen in sweary rant at rivals over Q3 tacticsband breaking the “gentleman’s agreement” not to interfere with one another’s preparations at the end of a lap.

Speaking slightly later, he admitted was not sure himself how long was left but did not want to be the “asshole” overtaking someone.

Verstappen said he was only hurried up by his team “when they got past” and said that, plus the actions of his rivals, prompted the “mess”.
now sounding more the rant he gave to the others was more meant for himself and the team
Max always blames others instead of correcting his own mistakes. Need to learn lots of things in F1 to become a Champion else he will be like Vettel in one day(without any Championship.....(I hope Max fan will be disappointed reading this comment sorry but it is true)

Restomaniac

Didn’t Raikkonen suffer another Ferrari power issue?

That power plant seems to be a bit of a diva.

GrandAxe

Ferrari is going to be murdered in Monaco, Singapore, Barcelona and Baku if they continue to perform badly on slow corners.

Restomaniac

GrandAxe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:42
Ferrari is going to be murdered in Monaco, Singapore, Barcelona and Baku if they continue to perform badly on slow corners.
Which is the ultimate turnaround compared to previous years.

McMika98

They will take Monza, Spa and Russia in return.

Restomaniac

McMika98 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:50
And Canada?

etusch

Restomaniac wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:51
McMika98 wrote:
And Canada?
If they can get Mercedes chicane

yelistener

Remember when Ferrari was so good through slower corners in 2017? Hungary, Monaco, Singapore, all Ferrari poles.
And then everything changed in 2018 after they decided to go for a longer-wheelbase.
How things have changed....

Capharol

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:40
Capharol wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:29

Max always blames others instead of correcting his own mistakes. Need to learn lots of things in F1 to become a Champion else he will be like Vettel in one day(without any Championship.....(I hope Max fan will be disappointed reading this comment sorry but it is true)
afterwards he corrected it didn't he?
and if he becomes like Vettel (a 4x champion) yes please where can he set his signature :lol:

Restomaniac

etusch wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:59
Restomaniac wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:51
McMika98 wrote:
And Canada?
If they can get Mercedes chicane
True but I’m just thinking of that massive blast towards and just after the wall of champions.

GPR-A

Restomaniac wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:44
GrandAxe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:42
Which is the ultimate turnaround compared to previous years.
Who can forget all those experts who said, longer wheel base is detrimental for slow corner performance. Mercedes continues to prove so many "self professed experts" wrong. Mercedes is cornering better than Ferrari and Red Bull, once again proving that, Big Rake is not necessary for better cornering performance.