2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Impressive parity between Dan and Nico today, damn close between them with only 4/1000ths of a second the difference!
"In downforce we trust"

elno

gap between renault's lap times and pole:

2018: 1.4s
2019: 1.4s

If i say that the 2019 PU has improved a lot, what have i to conclude on the enstone side of factory ?

Neno

elno wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:04

If i say that the 2019 PU has improved a lot, what have i to conclude on the enstone side of factory ?
That chassis isnt not good at all. Meaning chassis technical director Nick Chester failed to do his job. Meaning there should be decent chance if this was in any way ambitious team he would be fired sooner rather than later.

Big Tea

Neno wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:10
elno wrote:

That chassis isnt not good at all. Meaning chassis technical director Nick Chester failed to do his job. Meaning there should be decent chance if this was in any way ambitious team he would be fired sooner rather than later.
Or if you look at it the other way, they did as good a job as the car on pole.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jambier

Yes but it is not enough

HUL himself says that the car feels like a lot like 2018

Hence there is not the big step they were supposed to do
So it's.like they are doing the least they can, they should do better.

Let's see if this year they manage to bring good updates, last year it was a pain point

Capharol

Neno wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:10
elno wrote:

if you don't wanna blame the engine department ..... you are right.

it will probably will be both, not a good engine as they thought and the chassis ain't the best either

Neno

Jambier wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 18:08
Yes but it is not enough

HUL himself says that the car feels like a lot like 2018

Hence there is not the big step they were supposed to do
So it's.like they are doing the least they can, they should do better.

Let's see if this year they manage to bring good updates, last year it was a pain point
Well they brought big update for China and in reality they gained according to them 0.1 sec. By their words. Called it step in good direction. If I was you I wouldnt expect miracles in that department. When Mercedes brough update from Barcelona 1st to 2nd test they gained half a second.

I am just telling you difference how big teams operate and how some lowly midfield team does. What gains they make.

Morteza

Cyril Abiteboul wrote: Nico, unfortunately, retired with an MGU-K related problem that we will investigate further after this weekend.
Didn't they introduce a new MGU-K this weekend? I'm speechless, man ](*,)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jambier

Reliability is 2015 Honda lookalike

Quite a shame with the number of season the have now

Good part is that performance was OK today.
Still far from Red Bull but OK

Ground Effect

Morteza wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:21
Cyril Abiteboul wrote: Nico, unfortunately, retired with an MGU-K related problem that we will investigate further after this weekend.
Didn't they introduce a new MGU-K this weekend? I'm speechless, man ](*,)
It seems the issue is on the software side from further statements. They don't believe there needs to be a change for Baku, hopefully they're right. But that said, still very disappointing that they can't get a grasp of this, highly disappointing.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

JordanMugen

Jambier wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:42
Reliability is 2015 Honda lookalike
50% reliability so far -- not brilliant!

jadoc

I think they could change this and keep taking small steps.
If you look, it is the team that is always there in the race and in qualification of the whole squad of the middle field.

Haas: Very fast in qualifying and little pace in the race
Mclaren: first unfavorable circuit and showing its weaknesses
Alfa Romeo: In this, kimi saved the furniture and I think it is the team that is closest to Renault.
Racing Point: Loose, in pace today went well in Perez as always. We'll see if they go up.

On the side of the engine, they must be able to strengthen reliability. The engine is a good step and it looks really good.

The point that all efforts should be made (2000%) is in the chassis to be able to approach the above or at least Redbull (that should be their goal this year if they are ambitious).

Do you know if in Enstone's expansion, they put new?
Le consortium des centres de sclГ©rose en plaques.

Jambier

I agree with you Enstone is the issue.

And they should now have hired everyone and finished expension I assume.

But Abiteboul if often arrogant and saying "we don't need superstar", hiring guys finishing their school

Mclarensenna

The Renault seems over 2 seconds off the race pace gap to the leaders. I do not see any improvement in lap times since last year.
The other worrying thing is Ric was only about 2 tenths quicker than Albon when both in clear air and on similar strategies.
And that gap could even be because Albon still very green and not as good.
You could even say the Torro Rosso was slightly quicker in China race pace.

Renault has made no progress at all in race pace, and engine reliability has gone down the toilet.

What does Cyril and Taffin need to do to get fired?
Embezzle 10s of millions like Ghosn?

Capharol

https://www.grandprixradio.nl/2019/04/1 ... ren-duren/ (dutch article)
Translated:
Cyril Abiteboul thinks it may take a while before Renault can join in the battle for the world title. Daniel Ricciardo, the team boss of the ambitious French racing team, finished seventh last weekend in Shanghai, but Nico Hülkenberg dropped out.

Both drivers only reached the finish once after three races, which is a big disappointment, according to Abiteboul against Auto Hebdo: “It is difficult because we still have problems with reliability. We really have to get better on every front. We are a bit slower than we would have liked, but we have to continue working and not complain. It will take several years to narrow the gap with the top and then close it. "
finally he sees it...... [-o<