2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
amho

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

I guess we will see Verstapen on the pole tomorrow with help of qualifying mode.
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

amho

Capharol wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:16
can we place bets on how long Gasly will drive for RB?
Testing..... 2 crashes
AusGP ..... couldn't get passed Kvyat
Bahrain.... bad Quali, race not really that good
China..... of the pace (ok, maybe due to different RW) but still, not even close

Either Gasly start turning it around tomorrow or he won't drive Monaco with a RB
RB should hire ocon. Gasly is a unproven driver he has just beat hartely another junior driver.
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

dxpetrov

I vote for Hulk instead! Let them shove it back to Renault!

Marti_EF3

I would love to see what Albon can do with a RBR... Maybe next year...

Capharol

amho wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 17:22
I guess we will see Verstapen on the pole tomorrow with help of qualifying mode.
that chance is very very small…… i would rate this chance at 0,001%
dxpetrov wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 17:25
I vote for Hulk instead! Let them shove it back to Renault!
that would be intrueging but for this year impossible :wink:

Marti_EF3

Lap comparation with Merc Best FP lap

godlameroso

The long run pace is competitive but still a few tenths off Mercedes and Ferrari. Red Bull is a bit closer than they were in Melbourne.

The whole field is covered by about a second and change, save for Williams.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Max Verstappen: "Today has been pretty good. We have a good balance in the car and not too many issues, so I'm pretty happy. Of course there was a question mark coming here after Bahrain but we were all quite confident that if we could solve the issue we would be a lot closer, which I think we have shown today. The long runs were alright but it is all about managing your tyres over a race distance here, but that's the same for everyone. Overall, I'm happy with the pace so far and tonight we just need to fine tune the set-up. I think pole position will be tough tomorrow and it's too early to say exactly where we are but we're a lot closer, so hopefully in the race we can mix it up."

Pierre Gasly: "I always want more, but I'm quite happy with the programme today. I think we have a good direction and Max showed that the car has good potential. We tested a lot of things between FP1 and FP2, we were pushing the development as much as we could, so now we need to analyse every part we used today. In FP2 I had quite a big moment in the third sector on the fastest lap and lost a bit of time, so it's actually not really representative for the potential of the car. I think we need to focus on tomorrow now and improve my set-up. Also the degradation of the tyres is always difficult here, as the track layout is really tough for the fronts, especially the front left tyre. It is important to find a compromise between qualifying and the race here, but the Team has the experience and the knowledge so I'm sure we'll find the right direction for tomorrow."

Artur Craft

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 14:34
They're lacking downforce which is critical in Monaco.
Is that why RB was 6kph faster than Ferrari on the faster corners of China? Check Juzh videos for that

Marti_EF3

WTF was that foolish mistake on the last lap on Q3?? Max could be 3th!! :evil:

Tomorrow we will se If he can Overtake the Ferraris, but the pace was great! =D> [-o<

ME4ME

Promising pace from one of the Red Bulls today. Much better than the 7-8 tenths off in previous weekends. Could've even been a bit closer.

No clue what is going on with Gasly though. Horner has defended him so far, saying his pace was good at times in Australia and Bahrain. But if consistency was the problem Gasly should've showed pace at least once so far this weekend. He has not. He's been consistently between 6 and 8 tenths slower than Verstappen. Red Bull has had bigger issues to sort out so far. But once the cars get sorted I'd imagine pressure will be firmly put on him to start performing.

ispano6

Red Bull strategists need to rethink their qualifying runs. Looking like idiots three races in a row.

foneFanatiq

ispano6 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:03
Red Bull strategists need to rethink their qualifying runs. Looking like idiots three races in a row.
Absolutely agree with you. Sometimes it works in their favor but very, very rarely.

McMika98

Ferrari and RedBull both have been guilty of making silly unacceptable mistakes. Merc must be in dreamland that these teams are doing their best to help them walk over the championship even if they might not have the best engine and car.

Sieper

Agreed, horrible. And then Marko Goes out and blames it on the drivers.