2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

this was a classy "RB makes mistakes-Verstappen & Marko blames others" Qualifying
and what Verstappen said was total BS and some kind of kindergarten behaviour...... only 1 word for it... pathetic
for once only for once Verstappen should just keep his mouth shut after a bad qualifying or if it isn't going his way, stop finding excuses and trying to act like he is the only good guy on the grid.... there is no "Gentlemans agreement" on passing during Qualifying.
my advice to Verstappen..... get off that high horse and start take a look in the mirror.....
so had to get that off my chest as a Verstappen-Fan

Gasly again way behind the Top 5 and he will be in a lot of trouble if he messes up his start tomorrow and finishes between 8-10....

bill shoe

Think we will see Kvyat or Albon in RB soon. There’s nothing really wrong with Gastly, but RB is reaping the results of sowing their driver program with weak talent. Leclerc, Russell, Norris went elsewhere. Even the decent Albon was a late emergency addition more than a cultivated talent. RB burned bridges with the only driver who could hang with MV. They are about one step away from having to put Marko in the car.

McMika98

Gasly and his main Gp2 rival Giovanazzi have dissapointed massively this year when compared to the new rookies. Just goes to show how bad a reference Hartley was, besides the Kiwi was getting the better of Gasly towards the end. Hope he gets his act together by Spain else he has to be demoted just to stop embarrassing himself. The delta to Max is a joke, like driving a midfield car.

Capharol

bill shoe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 22:20
Think we will see Kvyat or Albon in RB soon. There’s nothing really wrong with Gastly, but RB is reaping the results of sowing their driver program with weak talent. Leclerc, Russell, Norris went elsewhere. Even the decent Albon was a late emergency addition more than a cultivated talent. RB burned bridges with the only driver who could hang with MV. They are about one step away from having to put Marko in the car.
1. i think if one of the TR drivers will come up ... it will be likely Albon, potential is there (although he crashed his car in FP3) if it will be Kvyat, Vettel will make way willingly :lol:
2. if you meant "RB burned bridges" with Ricciardo, this was a decision Ricciardo made on his own, he was given everything he asked for, he ran away for a fight with a higly talented but sometimes inmature Verstappen.
Did RB favors Verstappen....maybe yes, but after 2020 that would have been over.

ringo

Yes Kyvat should get another go in the redbull.
While Albon should go up against Gasley, and from there they decide who should be promoted to RB in 2020.
So far Danil is quietly doing an ok job. Apart from the accident in Bahrain, which didn't seem to be his fault.

Gasley just isn't top shelf. I don't think he has an excuse for a 1 second gap to Max.
For Sure!!

diffuser

ringo wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 01:20
Yes Kyvat should get another go in the redbull.
While Albon should go up against Gasley, and from there they decide who should be promoted to RB in 2020.
So far Danil is quietly doing an ok job. Apart from the accident in Bahrain, which didn't seem to be his fault.

Gasley just isn't top shelf. I don't think he has an excuse for a 1 second gap to Max.
Doh! Alonso's starting to look pretty good now....

max_speed

diffuser wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 03:35
find it quite funny. remember RedBull said they never went for him or i guess will never go for him.

z.topoln

Wouldnt be bad to put him in the car, alonso that is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

damager21

max_speed wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 05:03
diffuser wrote:
find it quite funny. remember RedBull said they never went for him or i guess will never go for him.
You need 2 strong drivers in the team. Kvyat did not deliver, Sainz won't come back, Gasly is struggling. If Gasly does not start performing then Red Bull will have No choice but to look outside and Alonso is the best to be hired. Never say never in Formula1

etusch

damager21 wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 06:51
max_speed wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 05:03
diffuser wrote:
You need 2 strong drivers in the team. Kvyat did not deliver, Sainz won't come back, Gasly is struggling. If Gasly does not start performing then Red Bull will have No choice but to look outside and Alonso is the best to be hired. Never say never in Formula1
If I were in that situation, I would choose to get Norris to Redbull and Alonso to Mclaren and I would try for that not Alonso to Redbull option.

McMika98

Alonso is way too overated, he hardly beat Button and Norris was matching his pace in pdactice and testing. Albon is a much better driver than Norris.
Anyways forecast is for strong winds and lower temperature. Redbull didnt like the wind in Bahrain, hopefully they have rectified their setup.

Hammerfist

If I'm Ocon I try to get away from my Mercedes deal and convince Marko that he should put me in the Redbull. Ocon and Verstappen would be an explosive driver's lineup though, and they do not get along...So maybe not. :D

Hammerfist

Capharol wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 23:08
bill shoe wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 22:20
1. i think if one of the TR drivers will come up ... it will be likely Albon, potential is there (although he crashed his car in FP3) if it will be Kvyat, Vettel will make way willingly :lol:
2. if you meant "RB burned bridges" with Ricciardo, this was a decision Ricciardo made on his own, he was given everything he asked for, he ran away for a fight with a higly talented but sometimes inmature Verstappen.
Did RB favors Verstappen....maybe yes, but after 2020 that would have been over.
Albon appears to be fast. Kvyatt is not a slow racing driver, and Albon so far is always ahead of him.

Godius

If one of the STR drivers will get a promotion my guess is that it would be next year at least. They will give Gasly plenty of time to get comfortable with the car, this is his first year with RBR. If it doesn't work out this year and he doesn't improve his pace they will probably put Buemi in the car.

Sayeman

Good race. One Ferrari beaten and Gasly gets the fastest lap.

That Honda engine looks seriously good and reliable. Albon caught Gio even without DRS.
Last edited by Steven on 14 Apr 2019, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed trolling
Never Give up.