2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren113

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

M840TR wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:26
mclaren113 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 15:38
GoranF1 wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 15:12
2019 Trade mark- "front limited"
So mclaren will suffer most of the season unless they find a solution for their front end?
I think they already have updates in the pipeline to solve front-end grip issues. Probable ETA Barcelona. Regardless, Baku should be much stronger given track characteristics.
I see! McLaren is strong in low speed corners and in the straights!

Vasconia

Big Tea wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 16:52
Depend on reliability and look for the breaks. Points are still likely, but they will have to wait for them to come rather than chasing them
I think they have said that long runs were fine and taking into account that the team has good straight line speed I think they can bring some points. Sainz´s performance has been so far excellent so I hope he can finally have some luck.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:24
Start on softs or mediums tomorrow?
My money is on mediums and pretty sure it gives them a big edge on the back 5 of the top 10 because of it.

New mediums vs used softs first stint. Likes new soft vs new mediums 2nd stint.

SmallSoldier

PhillipM wrote:I think most of us not getting over-excited were expecting that here - the midfield is only a few tenths spread and this track is pretty unique for those front heavy tightening radius corners that go right from high to low speed in a single corner, the first one with the switchback is very hard on the front tyres and temperatures.
You can't even sacrifice some rear end to get the front better here because the stop go hairpins are followed by long straights where a lot of time is, so you daren't compromise on rear traction.
Should be better early on in the race with heavy fuel on board though.
I believe you are spot on, although it’s undeniable that the last couple of races have made fans be a little more excited than they should probably be.

At the same time, I believe that this is one of those races were sacrificing race pace for qualifying pace isn’t the best way to go... With as many passing opportunities as this track provides, starting in 12-14th isn’t a horrible place to be “if” the race pace is there... That’s a big “if” and no idea if that’s what the team went for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M840TR

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 23:46
PhillipM wrote:I think most of us not getting over-excited were expecting that here - the midfield is only a few tenths spread and this track is pretty unique for those front heavy tightening radius corners that go right from high to low speed in a single corner, the first one with the switchback is very hard on the front tyres and temperatures.
You can't even sacrifice some rear end to get the front better here because the stop go hairpins are followed by long straights where a lot of time is, so you daren't compromise on rear traction.
Should be better early on in the race with heavy fuel on board though.
I believe you are spot on, although it’s undeniable that the last couple of races have made fans be a little more excited than they should probably be.

At the same time, I believe that this is one of those races were sacrificing race pace for qualifying pace isn’t the best way to go... With as many passing opportunities as this track provides, starting in 12-14th isn’t a horrible place to be “if” the race pace is there... That’s a big “if” and no idea if that’s what the team went for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is good.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FittingMechanics

As you can see in the data above, both Norris and Sainz did longest stints on soft tires in the race sim. So it's possible that the car is good on tire degradation, maybe they have a chance of doing a one stopper if most of the field has to go two stop (Magnussen said it'd be tough to do one stop).

@Lando infectious enthusiasm :D

chrisgr

Congratulations Kvyat. You destroyed our race.

BosF1

That was a short race. Not the start we hoped for.

Szabi1112

25 s. May be next time!

mclaren113

Red Bull drivers and their normal job

FittingMechanics

Torpedo!!!

FittingMechanics

"Double shuffle. Carlos in first. Lando waits. Front wing for Carlos, gives the crew time to look at Lando's front wing. Thumbs up, just tyres for him. Both cars onto the hard tyre."

A shame, Lando could have gone out much faster if he was first in the shuffle.

DiogoBrand

Why not just retire already?

chrisgr

Lando has floor damage. Either way he didn t had any chance. Both of them. It may have been a racing incident but if you are not cabable of turning go to the last place or dont run in F1. What will be his punishment? 5 secs? I dont remember a driver hitting both car of a team in one turn!!!!