2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MtthsMlw

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Slower on the straights ->longer on full throttle

atanatizante

There`s a rumour about a new Shell fuel formula which has a distinctive smell and one of the Sky commentators confirmed that presence on Bahrein grid ...

Therefore there are 2 questions to be answered:
1. Is mandatory that customer teams have the same fuel and oil as works team has?
2. How many times is allowed to change fuel formula during a season?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

miket

atanatizante wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 05:08
There`s a rumour about a new Shell fuel formula which has a distinctive smell and one of the Sky commentators confirmed that presence on Bahrein grid ...

1. Is mandatory that customer teams have the same fuel and oil as works team has?
1.) No
2.) As many as you want - no restrictions - but it needs to be approved and sample submitted for testing/approval

atanatizante

miket wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 06:44
atanatizante wrote:

1.) No
2.) As many as you want - no restrictions - but it needs to be approved and sample submitted for testing/approval
To my knowledge, since last year they are allowed only for 3 fuel formula & lubs and furthermore in a race weekend there must be only one fuel&lubs spec ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

miket

atanatizante wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 08:40
miket wrote:
atanatizante wrote:

1.) No
To my knowledge, since last year they are allowed only for 3 fuel formula & lubs and furthermore in a race weekend there must be only one fuel&lubs spec ...
Just looked it up - kinda correct so I stand corrected :
You can have 5 formulations during a season and 2 approved fuels at an event.

19.7.3 No competitor may have more than five fuel formulations approved for use during a
Championship season.
19.7.4 No competitor may have more than two approved fuels available during an Event.

https://www.fia.com/file/78015/download/26184

Espresso

miket wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 12:01
atanatizante wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 08:40
miket wrote:
1.) No
Just looked it up - kinda correct so I stand corrected :
You can have 5 formulations during a season and 2 approved fuels at an event.

19.7.3 No competitor may have more than five fuel formulations approved for use during a
Championship season.
19.7.4 No competitor may have more than two approved fuels available during an Event.

https://www.fia.com/file/78015/download/26184
Wouter wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 09:23
Maybe you should first study the material before you call someone a "sore loser"!
If the fuel smells of grapefruit juice, this can only be achieved by adding hydrocarbon chains with many C and O (reactive compounds) in a double compound. . C13 does indeed smell like grapefruit juice. If there is little C in the hydrocarbon chain, it smells terrible. The higher the number C, the better it smells. C15 Smells like peaches.
Well nobody knows if this is the initial lubricant formula they started the season with. Just a remark from Horner they suddenly picked up in the news.

That said it's most probably the biocomponents in the fuel that smell like grapefruit.
(19.4.41 A minimum of 5.75% (m/m) of the fuel must comprise bio‐component)

Wouter mentioned it in another thread.
The exact blend regulation is described in the technical regulations.

FYI a breakdown of the Carbon Chains:
C5-C7 Naphthas
C7-C11 Gasoline
C12-C15 Kerosene
C16-C19 Oil
C20+ getting solid (from paraffin wax to bitumen)

Same source as link post above:
FIA regulations. ARTICLE 19 : Fuel - See page 89 and further Tech Regulation 2019.03.12
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Sevach

"We had it, we had it! We know why though," said Vettel to Ferrari, suggesting he felt Ferrari could have snuck up on Mercedes on those final runs.'
Strange words, he certainly didn't have 3 tenths in his pocket.
Is Ferrari having trouble with it's engine settings/reliability again?

And this is Charles take (nsfw language).
https://twitter.com/Insidef1/status/1116977094552985601

Shader

Ferrari did a great job at beheading Charles this race.... "let him go, let him go...." and then Vettel did nothing. He did not deserve this place, he was not faster, he was not better, not in traffic, not overtaking anyone except his teammate at the end with never and softer tires.
Last edited by Shader on 14 Apr 2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

RZS10

They sacrificed the team result trying to get their n1 in front of one of the Mercs (which would have never worked in the first place) - i won't be surprised when Charles starts ignoring team orders eventually

Harvester

Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 09:49
Ferrari did a great job at beheading Charles this race.... "let him go, let him go...." and then Vettel did nothing. He did not deserve this place, he was not faster, he was not better, not in traffic, not overtaking anyone except his teammate at the end with never and softer tires.
Vettel was clearly faster than Leclerc. He was in drs range and very close a lot of laps. When they swapped positions Vettel tried hard to close the gap to Bottas but he locked up few times and that affected him a lot. Mercedes would swap positions even sooner and in my opinion thats what Ferrari should have done

wickedz50

Shader wrote:
In fact both the reds were not faster than each other ...its the strategy that beheaded Charles... its horrible at the moment and there is no one to question Binotto at this time... sorry to say but Binotto needs to own this one up.

Shader

Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:02
Shader wrote:
Vettel was clearly faster than Leclerc. He was in drs range and very close a lot of laps. When they swapped positions Vettel tried hard to close the gap to Bottas but he locked up few times and that affected him a lot. Mercedes would swap positions even sooner and in my opinion thats what Ferrari should have done
He was not faster, he was close behind because he had DRS, yes exactly that, and the same happened when they switched positions. "And what now?". And answer on what now was to gut the younger guy with a strategy call so he would lose even the p4. Great job.

F1NAC

RZS10 wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 09:52
They sacrificed the team result trying to get their n1 in front of one of the Mercs (which would have never worked in the first place) - i won't be surprised when Charles starts ignoring team orders eventually
Actually Vettel was only losing in S2 which is full of corners understandably... They probably though that Vettel could maybe close a bit gap on Bottas but it never happen. Neither car was at that stage clearly faster and that caused clusterf*ck.

In Baku they could get murdered by Mercedes pace.

Harvester

Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:05
Harvester wrote:
Shader wrote:
He was not faster, he was close behind because he had DRS, yes exactly that, and the same happened when they switched positions. "And what now?". And answer on what now was to gut the younger guy with a strategy call so he would lose even the p4. Great job.
Leclerc was close behind for few laps because Vettel had few lock ups desparately trying to close the gap to Bottas but as I said it was too late.

Shader

Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:11
Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:05
Harvester wrote:

Leclerc was close behind for few laps because Vettel had few lock ups desparately trying to close the gap to Bottas but as I said it was too late.
I would say he was desperately trying to pull away from Charles, which he couldn't until they ordered the other one to fall back.