2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
M840TR
310
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by M840TR » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Godius wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:45 am
I agree that Sainz needs to contain himself, it is costing McLaren valuable points in the championship. Maybe the halo is causing him to lose spatial awareness but he should anticipate what can happen around him.
Not really his fault. Look how Kvyat closed the corner. Where did he expect Sainz and Norris to go?

Image

Image

Image

nacho
9
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by nacho » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm

I am quite certain it happened because of Kvyat lost the rear.

GoranF1
174
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by GoranF1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 pm

There seems to be a damination for spanish Mclaren drivers.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Capharol
18
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Capharol » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:28 pm
Capharol wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 pm
to see your hopes crushed by a Renault failure .... again
I am not sure what's your point there. Mclaren definately wasn't expecting another team's driver to get both of our cars almost out of the race and definately didn't expected Verstappen to crash on Sainz last round. Am I correct to assume you are one of those Honda guys?

Back on topic. We should have been way ahead in 4th but so far we were very unlucky with the Bull teams. We got to find a way to stay away from them. They have costed us a lot of points. Still I am positive for this year. The car is definately faster and hopefully with the Big Upgrade in Spain it will bring us closer to the first 3 and away from the rest.
well FYI Honda got al together 56 points (TR and RB)
Renault got how many???? .... exactly, 20 points (Renault and McLaren)
and no I am not a "Honda-Guy" as you say (which sounds insulting btw), I am more a general fan, yes i preffer RB but only because of Verstappen, I like Mercedes aswell because of Hamilton and yes i don't like Ferrari much, same goes for Renault .... but i look at the general picture in an race and i am not a "Honda guy" or what ever you wanna call me, because I can criticize Verstappen or a team (can you say that from yourself?)

to get to my point: it is very easy.....
Renault promised a lot, did they kept there promises, like Honda do this year?

and FYI (the 2nd) the crash between Verstappen and Sainz, as all experts (no not here, but those who really knows there stuff) saying ... racing accident.
and the crash today was between a TR (kvyat) and not a Bull (yes there is still a difference)

I, myself haven't seen the accident, all i have heard was it was because his rear broke away, in the opening lap on cold tyres .... eg. a racing accident, but the stewards penalized him.

Yes it F***ed up the race of the McLarens, but these things happens.
if you wanna find a solution to stay out of trouble.... either start at the front or not at all :wink:
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

mclaren113
-2
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by mclaren113 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Do you guys think Baku will suit our car better?

_cerber1
49
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by _cerber1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm

And it is on a damaged chassis. We lost a lot today ...

Image

Image

Image

Image

https://f1report.ru/lapbylap/2019/china-shanghai.html

charliesmithhd
20
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by charliesmithhd » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

_cerber1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm
And it is on a damaged chassis. We lost a lot today ...

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://f1report.ru/lapbylap/2019/china-shanghai.html
Didn’t think there was damage, only front wing at start, maybe wrong though.

_cerber1
49
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by _cerber1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm

charliesmithhd wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm
_cerber1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm
And it is on a damaged chassis. We lost a lot today ...

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://f1report.ru/lapbylap/2019/china-shanghai.html
Didn’t think there was damage, only front wing at start, maybe wrong though.
Side difflectors too, see photos in this thread.

charliesmithhd
20
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by charliesmithhd » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 pm

_cerber1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:18 pm
charliesmithhd wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm
_cerber1 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:10 pm
And it is on a damaged chassis. We lost a lot today ...

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://radikal.ru

https://f1report.ru/lapbylap/2019/china-shanghai.html
Didn’t think there was damage, only front wing at start, maybe wrong though.
Side difflectors too, see photos in this thread.
Oh yeah, thought that was norris’ car.

M840TR
310
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by M840TR » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Image

bauc
62
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:07 pm

The team is getting quite better at pit stops.... step by step boys....step by step :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Darth-Piekus
10
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Darth-Piekus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Capharol wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:28 pm
Capharol wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 pm
to see your hopes crushed by a Renault failure .... again
I am not sure what's your point there. Mclaren definately wasn't expecting another team's driver to get both of our cars almost out of the race and definately didn't expected Verstappen to crash on Sainz last round. Am I correct to assume you are one of those Honda guys?

Back on topic. We should have been way ahead in 4th but so far we were very unlucky with the Bull teams. We got to find a way to stay away from them. They have costed us a lot of points. Still I am positive for this year. The car is definately faster and hopefully with the Big Upgrade in Spain it will bring us closer to the first 3 and away from the rest.
well FYI Honda got al together 56 points (TR and RB)
Renault got how many???? .... exactly, 20 points (Renault and McLaren)
and no I am not a "Honda-Guy" as you say (which sounds insulting btw), I am more a general fan, yes i preffer RB but only because of Verstappen, I like Mercedes aswell because of Hamilton and yes i don't like Ferrari much, same goes for Renault .... but i look at the general picture in an race and i am not a "Honda guy" or what ever you wanna call me, because I can criticize Verstappen or a team (can you say that from yourself?)

to get to my point: it is very easy.....
Renault promised a lot, did they kept there promises, like Honda do this year?

and FYI (the 2nd) the crash between Verstappen and Sainz, as all experts (no not here, but those who really knows there stuff) saying ... racing accident.
and the crash today was between a TR (kvyat) and not a Bull (yes there is still a difference)

I, myself haven't seen the accident, all i have heard was it was because his rear broke away, in the opening lap on cold tyres .... eg. a racing accident, but the stewards penalized him.

Yes it F***ed up the race of the McLarens, but these things happens.
if you wanna find a solution to stay out of trouble.... either start at the front or not at all :wink:
Red Bull last year had 3 or 4 wins with the Renault Engines. This year with the Honda engines they are nowhere near the first two places. It would also be unfair to compare Mclaren and Renault with Red Bull at the moment because Red Bull has a better chassis. A better comparison is with Torro Rosso who at the moment is getting trashed by both teams. So Torro Rosso getting trashed. Red Bull is nowhere near last year levels. Where exactly do you see delivered promises? And finally we all know how many times Verstappen is causing collisions. Any driver of Championship material would be able to avoid risking a collision if they know they are faster. Also if by experts you refer to the Stewards I wouldn't trust them much since many times they have made mistakes. The fact remains that they destroyed our race two times in a row which could have resulted in many more points. Perhaps a better solution would be that some drivers should not even be in F1.

PS. I remember back in 2015 till 2018 people used to say that the car was much slower and only because of Alonso was up there. I dare to say that Red Bull is much slower and only because of Verstappen it managed to get these points so far.

PS2. I really do not understand why some people keep insisting with the whole Honda crap. Have you seen Mclaren giving a damn about Honda? I don't see it. Formula 1 isn't a charity. Honda had 2 years to prepare since the agreement was known from 2013 and they couldn't deliver till 2018. Mclaren literally became a guinea pig. What else would you think they should do?

Capharol
18
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Capharol » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Red Bull last year had 3 or 4 wins with the Renault Engines. This year with the Honda engines they are nowhere near the first two places.
These 3-4 wins are spread over a COMPLET season as already stated, the win in China was lucky last year, then it took RB till Monaco to take another win, then it was a suprised win in Austria after that they had to wait till Mexico for there 4th win.
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
It would also be unfair to compare Mclaren and Renault with Red Bull at the moment because Red Bull has a better chassis. A better comparison is with Torro Rosso who at the moment is getting trashed by both teams.
why is the comparison unfair? do both teams driving in F1 or did i missed something?

and where is Toro Rosso being trashed...… Albon drove from pit lane to 10th, could he got that if the 2 McLarens weren't damaged….. who knows maybe, maybe not, but we can never tell.
Kvyat got penalized (if this was a good decision i can't tell because i haven't seen the race)
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
1)Red Bull is nowhere near last year levels.
2) Where exactly do you see delivered promises?
1) they are... considering they had 55 points last year around this time (with the lucky win of RIC in china) and now they have 52 points.
and they are having a new driver in the RB (of which i am not convinced, but that is another story)
2) Honda gave RB EXACTLY what they promised because that, as Alonso said, "GP2 Engine" is now par or even a bit ahead of Renault engine.
better asked which of the teams has had more DNF due to engine related problems?
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
And finally we all know how many times Verstappen is causing collisions. Any driver of Championship material would be able to avoid risking a collision if they know they are faster.
you have to ask WHY did Verstappen had to take so many risks? partially he does it because he races, on the other hand he had to take to risks because the racepace of the RB last year was almost the same as that of the mercs and ferrari but he had to make up places because the engine they had wasn't powerfull enough in quali.
and honestly said those risks paid off, after race 6 he was way behind in WDC, he ended up 4th in this standing with only a few points behind RAI.
And how many collisions did Verstappen caused this year?
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Also if by experts you refer to the Stewards I wouldn't trust them much since many times they have made mistakes.
who says i meant the stewards, and if you don't trust them or better said swallow the opinion of Crofty & Co then why should we have stewards anyway?
so this argument is mildly said….. weak
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:01 pm
The fact remains that they destroyed our race two times in a row which could have resulted in many more points. Perhaps a better solution would be that some drivers should not even be in F1.
The fact is in Bahrain it was rated as a race incident nothing more nothing less, and i say this because i don't start this discussion again, although i have a clear opinion about it (which wouldn't change the outcome of the decision the stewards made)
and again as said i can't say anything about the accident in China because i haven't seen the race.
And please stop saying RB and TR are one and the same, because they aren't (they both have there own budget)
so if(a big if) i would agree to your opinion "they race was ruined due to" it was a TR mistake not a RB.

and now you made me curious on which driver shouldn't be in F1?
the only one i could think of in the current field are Grosjean and Stroll.
Kubica & Russel still has to prove himself, although i am afraid they won't do it due to a bad car.
Norris and Albon already proved themselves to be F1-material.
The rest of the drivers are on there places where they should be (again with Gasly i have my doubts)
so far to answer to your opinion …..

back to my original statement, "to see your hopes crushed by a Renault failure .... again"
which of the cars had more DNF due to engine problems? Cars that were Renault powered or Honda powered?
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

diffuser
144
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by diffuser » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 am

Dipesh1995 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:03 am
Where do we reckon Sainz would have finished without the incident? I think P7 was up for grabs.
On lap 6 STR was 24 seconds from the lead and saints 62 seconds. So he lost 38 seconds through the transgression.

ispano6
92
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by ispano6 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:07 am

Was in the paddock and pitlane today at the Acura Long Beach Grand Prix and saw Zak Brown with Michael Andretti. Zak was at the event this weekend talking to the press about Alonso and McLaren in Indy possibly fulltime in 2020.

I found it interesting he chose to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix over the F1000 race in China, but clearly Alonso and Indy are priorities for McLaren.