Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Wouter

Re: Renault Power Unit Hardware & Software

_cerber1 wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 10:24
I still do not understand what he means by comparing Honda and Renault. Translation from Spanish is not very accurate. #-o
Maybe @Marti_EF3 can translate it for us. Translation of Spanish is bad with every translation machine.

I gues Fabrega means that the Honda is in Q slower than the Renault and in the race the Honda is quicker.
The Power of Dreams!

f1rules

i understand like one source suggest honda stronger in qual ren stronger in race, while another source have ren stronger in both

Ground Effect

Wouter wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 10:51
_cerber1 wrote:
I still do not understand what he means by comparing Honda and Renault. Translation from Spanish is not very accurate. #-o
Maybe @Marti_EF3 can translate it for us. Translation of Spanish is bad with every translation machine.

I gues Fabrega means that the Honda is in Q slower than the Renault and in the race the Honda is quicker.
This is how google puts it, still not sure if it's accurate.

"Different measurements in pit and paddock in terms of power d engines. All coincide in Ferrari clearly in front of Mercedes, but not behind. The q that has come gives Honda more power than Renault in the race and less in quali. Another gives Renault ahead in both. Very even."

I typed it word for word.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Juzh

_cerber1 wrote:
google translate does a better job:
Different measurements in pit and paddock in terms of power d engines. All coincide in Ferrari clearly in front of Mercedes, but not behind. The q that has come gives Honda more power than Renault in the race and less in quali. Another gives Renault ahead in both. Very even.
-everyone agrees ferrari ahad of merc
-some analysis show renault ahead of honda in quali, but behind in the race
-some analysis show renault ahead in both

Benii6

Juzh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 12:29
_cerber1 wrote:
google translate does a better job:
Different measurements in pit and paddock in terms of power d engines. All coincide in Ferrari clearly in front of Mercedes, but not behind. The q that has come gives Honda more power than Renault in the race and less in quali. Another gives Renault ahead in both. Very even.
-everyone agrees ferrari ahad of merc
-some analysis show renault ahead of honda in quali, but behind in the race
-some analysis show renault ahead in both
What about the difference between Renault/Honda and Mercedes?

carisi2k

The Renault clearly needs more reliability then power at the moment since that has cost them 7 points in Bahrain and probably 1 or 2 in China. How many engine components have they gone through now that isn't accident related. Sainz in Australia, Daniel kers and Nico full PU in Bahrain and now another kers for nico. Have I missed anything?

I think that the FIA might need to introduce a control ers-k and h to bring some reliability and equalness on the PU front.

3jawchuck

carisi2k wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 07:08
I think that the FIA might need to introduce a control ers-k and h to bring some reliability and equalness on the PU front.
What with the H likely dropped for 2021 I think that is unlikely the FIA will standardise it. I also think the K wont be standardised as that is maybe an area that manufacturers will want to work on for road relevance.

dfegan358

I don’t think the K will be standardised. Ferrari merc should not be penalised for having a better ERS/MGU-K

NL_Fer

Renault has been using a 2016 MGU-K until Abu Dahbi ‘18. This new K should have been ready 2 years ago.

Honda’s K is fine, Viry just needs to get their act together.

Also concerning MGU-H it will stay in 2021. Maybe it will be limited or standarized, but it will be on the cars.

Ground Effect

NL_Fer wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 15:14
Renault has been using a 2016 MGU-K until Abu Dahbi ‘18. This new K should have been ready 2 years ago.

Also concerning MGU-H it will stay in 2021. Maybe it will be limited or standarized, but it will be on the cars.
Renault introduced the much delayed MGU-K last season, after the French Grand Prix, but only the works team took it. There was talk about the customers worried about reliability with an untested component and also it was said to require bodywork changes.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Bill

Ferrari use magneti Marelli mguk Renault used it before they developed their own maybe they need to revert back

carisi2k

Bill wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 16:09
Ferrari use magneti Marelli mguk Renault used it before they developed their own maybe they need to revert back
2016 was the only year where they had some sort of reliability. What kers did they use that year?

GhostF1

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 15:31
NL_Fer wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 15:14

Renault introduced the much delayed MGU-K last season, after the French Grand Prix, but only the works team took it. There was talk about the customers worried about reliability with an untested component and also it was said to require bodywork changes.
I also saw that. Horner complained that the improved unit (power and reliability wise) was promised for months, it then arrives and they drop the bomb it required bodywork changes.. Apparently the new unit was a decent size increase. I think there is a photo of the Renault PU with it fitted swanning around somewhere here and the size of the K is pretty surprising.
I am surprised that to this day they are still having issues with it though.

carisi2k

It is completely ridiculous that Renault still can't get this engine right and more specifically the kers portion. Renault have left 11 points on the table with their engine reliability already which is a lot for a mid field team.

_cerber1

An interesting comparison of performance Renault and Honda.

https://unendinginsight.wordpress.com/2 ... #more-1125