2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
M840TR

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

SmallSoldier wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 19:35
McMika98 wrote:Baku on paper should be the best track for Mclaren so far, slow corners with traction retirement. Top 6 must be on target minimum, if not a podium.
Top 6 is a tall order! I would be really happy with a Top 8... We can’t forget that the likes of Haas and Alfa have a better engine and that even Racing Point with the Mercedes engine will be a threat in the long straights...

Really hoping the team has a chance to show it’s potential in Baku... A good Qualy is important if we want to avoid more first lap issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haas has tyre warm-up issues and Steiner said Baku straights could hurt them even more, especially in during the race. Alfa has been mostly behind in terms of raw pace, however a consistent Kimi has kept them high in the rankings. Toro Rosso is a bit of an enigma like always so they might be a dark horse. That only leaves Reanult as genuine contenders.

_cerber1

_cerber1

Full video

M840TR

Carlos during race debrief: "A fortuitous turn of events relative to yesterday's disconcerting slump was the long-stint pace. However in accordance with prior simulations of events at the communist heartland, unsolicited elongated projectiles of aquatic nature comprised of overwhelming potency can be somewhat ubiquitous these times of the year. T'was henceforth a melancholic unraveling to any hopes pertaining to points."

This was a factual description of the way events transpired. No need to speculate.

mwillems

M840TR wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 14:15
Carlos during race debrief: "A fortuitous turn of events relative to yesterday's disconcerting slump was the long-stint pace. However in accordance with prior simulations of events at the communist heartland, unsolicited elongated projectiles of aquatic nature comprised of overwhelming potency can be somewhat ubiquitous these times of the year. T'was henceforth a melancholic unraveling to any hopes pertaining to points."

This was a factual description of the way events transpired. No need to speculate.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

zoroastar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPvlpnkVAc
i wonder if mclaren may be dabbling in this stuff with their applied sciences, and their connection with mr. priestley.

Ground Effect

Does anyone have a motorsport/autosport prime/premium account? There's an article titled "Why McLaren is flattering to deceive". I'm not asking for the article to be posted, just a low-down or summary of it. I promised myself I would ignore such, but curious to see the narrative they are trying to paint.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

RS200E

zoroastar wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 04:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPvlpnkVAc
i wonder if mclaren may be dabbling in this stuff with their applied sciences, and their connection with mr. priestley.
Ferrari tried this years ago circa 2004 IIRC to send a strong electric current over the body of the car. It would probably make more sense to be using it nowadays considering the hybrid tech and the precautions that come along with it.

McLaren could very well be into something like this, but it won't be anything conected to Priestley, he's just a guy who used to work for McLaren.

Any team could be into this.

I'm wondering if it would be, or already has been banned/blocked because of the rules on using exotic materials.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

RonDennis

Ground Effect wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 17:48
Does anyone have a motorsport/autosport prime/premium account? There's an article titled "Why McLaren is flattering to deceive". I'm not asking for the article to be posted, just a low-down or summary of it. I promised myself I would ignore such, but curious to see the narrative they are trying to paint.
I have. It's utter garbage. Only takes the negatives in consideration. Author claims that Key will introduce a completely new concept in 2020, because this chassis is crap. It makes no sense at all.

Once his feet are ensconced below the desk he's highly likely to push for a new car concept for next season and will be inclined to write off the MCL34 as a basket case. In that event, 2019 will become a 'learning year' for the team akin to the last one.

Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 22:45
Ground Effect wrote:
I have. It's utter garbage. Only takes the negatives in consideration. Author claims that Key will introduce a completely new concept in 2020, because this chassis is crap. It makes no sense at all.

Once his feet are ensconced below the desk he's highly likely to push for a new car concept for next season and will be inclined to write off the MCL34 as a basket case. In that event, 2019 will become a 'learning year' for the team akin to the last one.
Thanks, you can't win with these guys. What makes it worse is that they try to pass off their opinion as fact.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PhillipM

They're still fixed on the 34 having a problem with lurid oversteer. Despite all evidence to the contrary, and the team saying otherwise. And the drivers saying otherwise. And them being great at rear-limited tracks.
And apparently the last results have been lucky because of Renault not doing so well - but no mention that even with damaged cars at the last race they had more pace than Renault...

RonDennis

PhillipM wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 23:25
They're still fixed on the 34 having a problem with lurid oversteer. Despite all evidence to the contrary, and the team saying otherwise. And the drivers saying otherwise. And them being great at rear-limited tracks.
And apparently the last results have been lucky because of Renault not doing so well - but no mention that even with damaged cars at the last race they had more pace than Renault...
Exactly. They didn't take in consideration that Sainz is around 0.3 tenths quicker than Norris at every track, they said the Renault had better pace at every track and there is far more nonsense in that article. This will be my last year of Autosport Premium.

Good McLaren performance = luck
Average McLaren performance = poor chassis

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 22:57
RonDennis wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 22:45
Ground Effect wrote:

Thanks, you can't win with these guys. What makes it worse is that they try to pass off their opinion as fact.
Kind of funny.

What is more likely is that he takes a few people and starts working towards 2021 new regs... Leaves 2019 and 2020 with Pat Fry.

PhillipM

I've been an autosport sub for over 30 years, but I just got so sick of reading so much made up opinion pieces posturing as fact that I finally cancelled my subscription last week. They really have gone way downhill, I must have 4 years of magazines that are mostly unopened and still in the wrapper....and their F1 coverage is a big part of it.

SmallSoldier

PhillipM wrote:I've been an autosport sub for over 30 years, but I just got so sick of reading so much made up opinion pieces posturing as fact that I finally cancelled my subscription last week. They really have gone way downhill, I must have 4 years of magazines that are mostly unopened and still in the wrapper....and their F1 coverage is a big part of it.
Same here... Cancelled mine a couple weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk