Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MtthsMlw

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

mmred

Wait and see

They basically improved everything but the fw shaped to reduce drag
So they have to take front df from under the nose and the deviators too, they did that. It s a lower drag area so we l see if step2 of aero will be the bargain we needed between df and drag

Dream Theater

C Plinius Secundus wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 15:36
That's not a rear wing, it's an anchor...

I guess that Maranello didn't receive the memo about non linearity between air resistance and speed.
Of course, why they didn't hire you so they could've solved all aero problems months ago...
Come on guys, again with this type of comments that not only aren't adding anything to the discussion, but are also "offensive" towards all the technicians working hard to bring updates on the car.

mmred

Dream Theater wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 21:15

I guess that Maranello didn't receive the memo about non linearity between air resistance and speed.
Of course, why they didn't hire you so they could've solved all aero problems months ago...
Come on guys, again with this type of comments that not only aren't adding anything to the discussion, but are also "offensive" towards all the technicians working hard to bring updates on the car.
they are not ferrari fans, a lot of people just come from mercedes and other forums to have this non talkative approach about ferrri aero or anything else ferrari

i dont go in mercedes side of the forum, but lol, i get downotes here to talk about my team by people of other teams, who mostly dont even know about what they are talking about,
its frigging hilarious

btw i think the aero choice of the low drag fw is nice and original
the only problem may be front tyres temperature too low, that cause the mechanical understeer more than the aero described as a limit ( but boy it s a feature i repeat to any aero guy or autoproclaimed aero guy)

at those speeds really the mechanical side is more important and thats where ferarri lost balance

C Plinius Secundus

Dream Theater wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 21:15

First of all, I never intend to offend anyone, If you or anyone else have felt offended or mistreated by a ludicrous comment ("anchor" and "memo"...), my apologies.
I don't think either I would have solved their problems (which I think go beyond the technical aspects), but I would have certainly loved to work for them, who wouldn't?
Finally, I disagree on that it isn't adding to the discussion, I highly respect the people working on the developement, but I also have doubts about the aero decisions the team are taking, you may or may not agree with me, and it's perfectly fine, I celebrate our differences.

Have a Great day. Best wishes.

digitalrurouni

Amazing how simple and clean the bargeboard section looks like on the Ferrari whereas Mercedes's bargeboard looks like a mouthful of teeth of all shapes and sizes!!! Here's hoping this gives Ferrari what they were looking for. I think they have a better PU so if these aero upgrades work I think Vettel/Leclerc will really give Mercedes a run for their money.

zibby43

New dive plane on barge boards.

MtthsMlw

Looks like the little fin on the bottom of the wheel hub is also new.

LM10

MtthsMlw wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 11:06
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5EVYu3WwAEUj58.jpg:large
Only on Leclerc’s car for now, it seems.

Carinni

LM10 wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 11:08
MtthsMlw wrote:
Only on Leclerc’s car for now, it seems.
If that’s the reason for their lap time difference in the short fp1, the effect is amazing, should give their rivals a very hard time

MtthsMlw

Looks like they're trying different wheel hubs. The bottom one has been used so far with air flowing through it.

Bonus:
Some (now old spec) Bargeboards laying around
Last edited by MtthsMlw on 26 Apr 2019, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan

MtthsMlw wrote:
Fitted along with the new floor. Presumably they're working together.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10

Do both cars use different floors in FP2 as well?