2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
elno

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

The fff plan was :
2018:first podium
2019:first wins
2020:fight for the title

far away...

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jambier

elno wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 14:06
The fff plan was :

far away...
Now they are fighting to beat at least someone else than Williams.

What a failure

Mclarensenna

elno wrote:
The fff plan was :

far away...
Yep, Cyril has missed every single target he has set the last few years. How does this guy keep his job year after year? Not only is the car slow but is very difficult to drive. Hulk and Ric both complaining. The braking is terrible also, probably 1 of the worst on the grid.

Capharol

Mclarensenna wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 02:26
elno wrote:
The fff plan was :

far away...
Yep, Cyril has missed every single target he has set the last few years. How does this guy keep his job year after year? Not only is the car slow but is very difficult to drive. Hulk and Ric both complaining. The braking is terrible also, probably 1 of the worst on the grid.
maybe he keeps his job because nobody wants it

jadoc

We must have patience with the team, removing Ciryl ..., we all had higher expectations and we give you a performance jump this year.

That is not what in the general means, nor in the reliability problems, in the upper area of ​​the middle zone.

In this race, it is a disaster because it is not working in the initial package that worked, I think in the lowest load of the whole grid (error !!) and some lack in the chassis.

Until the race of Spain arrives we will not see the position of each one.

:)
Le consortium des centres de sclГ©rose en plaques.

gandharva

Mclarensenna wrote:
It's not only Cyril. They lost RBR as benchmark and now seem lost. Look at that low df setup they brought to this race... Seems like the engineering team was drunk when doing cfd and race simulation based on that package.

GhostF1

I'm sorry but Ricciardo looked amateurish with that race ending mistake. Also caused a retirement of another car as well.

And I'm sorry... I still can't believe he reversed into Kvyat.. how does that happen.

ME4ME

Yeah the way he held his helmet after retiring said it all. He relialized he messed up.
It will be interesting to see how the stewards judge this particular offence. I'd say it probably goes as "causing a collision" and probably quite a severe one because it was not a split second decision while at racing speed. Expecting him to get a 10 place grid drop for the next Grand Prix.

JordanMugen

GhostF1 wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 15:57
I'm sorry but Ricciardo looked amateurish with that race ending mistake. Also caused a retirement of another car as well.

And I'm sorry... I still can't believe he reversed into Kvyat.. how does that happen.
Lol. Happens in carparks all the time!

Renault car is poor in all areas apart from medium-speed downforce...

Brakes: Poor
Ride control: Poor
Traction: Poor
Straight line speed: Poor

Not good!

They should be OK at Barcelona and other smooth permanent medium-speed circuits at least...

Ground Effect

Last someone on here said McLaren took to wrong Pete from Red Bull (Prodromou) and Renault took the right one. (Machin) It doesn't seem that way now. The car is very peculiar in behavior and you wonder, because it doesn't seem to suit any of their drivers. Maybe it was designed around Carlos... Heck, maybe Ocon. 😂
But on a more serious note, the early signs of the RS19 are so inconclusive, and you wonder if they've done a McLaren and designed a car with an inherent fundamental flaw. Another thing is that they've brought updates to every race, but they don't seem to help much.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

jadoc

Let's wait for Europe and order their problems a little.
I believe that if they do the right steps they will be in the position that this year would suit them. ;)
Le consortium des centres de sclГ©rose en plaques.

Jambier

It's a complete disaster.

As a fan I prefer to see them withdraw by end 2020.
And maybe become a partner / engine provider for McLaren, to win together

Chassis is poor, they are miles away from where they should be.
And I see no reason why they would be better next year.

marmer

The reversing was ridiculous I get he might not have known that Danni stopped behind him. But he was reversing out onto track so he should have been looking for cars regardless

diffuser

gandharva wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 15:54
Mclarensenna wrote:
It's not only Cyril. They lost RBR as benchmark and now seem lost. Look at that low df setup they brought to this race... Seems like the engineering team was drunk when doing cfd and race simulation based on that package.
Yeah...losing RBR has nothing to do with this. Their new benchmark is McLaren. To be sucessful they need to be matching McLaren at a minimum.

Its still early, new regs and all.