2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

munudeges wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 14:34
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 10:48
I was wondering what Head can bring to the party, F1 organisations and technology have moved on since his day, from a pure technical point of view I don't think he had much to offer.
Williams is a ludicrously political organisation. Only Head can come in there and do anything with Claire. Minus the name, Head is Williams.
this x1000.

this is also essentially why williams is in shambles. i really hope head will fix things, i hope claire will step down, she is the biggest drag for the team, and then the team/head appoints somebody to run the team together with head. plenty of experienced qualified around. They should take an example from Ferrari, instead of being more arrogant than them with nothing to boast about in all reality. Ferrari itself is owned by Piero Ferrari, that's the only person around with any connection to Enzo Ferrari. Piero does NOT run the Ferrari F1 team, nor does he involve himself there. Yes, he visits, offcourse he does. Yes, he wants them to succeed. But he leaves the f1 team to be run by qualified people, just like he let the Ferrari brand itself be run by the right people. Unfortunately Marchionne has passed away, but it's an example of how to run things.
Piero does not want or concider himself the right man for those jobs.
Claire isn't either.
Williams should take example, and leave the team in the hands of people who CAN.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

netoperek

I think Claire (though I'm not a fan of her, to say the least) is doing her job just fine - Williams is stable financially and is running well as a business. If she can trust Sir Patrick enough to give him full autonomy in running technical side of operations, so he can arrange things his way, I guess there's hope for them yet.

skwdenyer

netoperek wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 01:38
I think Claire (though I'm not a fan of her, to say the least) is doing her job just fine - Williams is stable financially and is running well as a business. If she can trust Sir Patrick enough to give him full autonomy in running technical side of operations, so he can arrange things his way, I guess there's hope for them yet.
But is Claire running the business? I though that was the CEO's role?

Manoah2u

Ah yes, now the news is seeming to come out that Dmitry Mazepin, the father of Nikita Mazepin, is ngotiating to buy the Williams team. #-o

yeah, that indeed sounds just like the thing williams would do. Stroll has said thanks, on to the next one.
they have really sunk that rock bottom low. they'd never become a B-team but they'd sell to some russian. :roll:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

roon

cplchanb wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:24
Holy geez no wonder they're so slow. You can practically crawl inside that opening in the back. Glad they're finally able to tighten up a bit
Coolest running engine on the grid, biggest radiator opening. Best power unit on the grid, slowest car. If they were running a Renault PU I wonder if they'd run afoul of the 107% rule.

Reminds me of...

https://maxf1.net/wp-content/uploads/20 ... XF1net.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqhZVKTWwAAmQNI.jpg:large

SmallSoldier

Manoah2u wrote:Ah yes, now the news is seeming to come out that Dmitry Mazepin, the father of Nikita Mazepin, is ngotiating to buy the Williams team. #-o

yeah, that indeed sounds just like the thing williams would do. Stroll has said thanks, on to the next one.
they have really sunk that rock bottom low. they'd never become a B-team but they'd sell to some russian. :roll:
This has already being debunked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

netoperek

You can't really trust such rumors unless they have been denied :D
It doesn't make sense for Mazepin to buy Williams now, as his kid have a slim chance of making the necessary points for F1 licence this year

netoperek

Claire has just been asked about these rumors. She confirmed Mazepin asked about it last year, but he got the reply that Williams is not for sale.

waynes

if the price is right, Williams will sell.

rohan

waynes wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 14:17
if the price is right, Williams will sell.
You can say that about any team on the grid. It's a worthless aphorism.

netoperek

dang, it's getting pathetic.. Both incompetence and hard pressure to make George "a leader" as he called himself after the race. There were several major fups from Williams. 1st the new floor RK has been waiting for since forever, has been given to Russel and Williams will not be able to produce another for a few weeks. Probably he'll have to drive same old, broken monocoque and floor in Barcelona, too.
Before the start, Robert kept asking why they want him to start with Race mode instead of Start, as he wouldn't be able to proceed with launch procedure. Reluctantly they admitted he's right. They released Robert from pit 9 minutes early resulting in 5 sec stop and go penalty. They messed something with his brakes, so the car hasn't been driving straight while braking (which almost got him into the wall on first corner). When he got near Russel on lap 2, he has been ordered to switch to engine mode 6, which apparently is fuel saving mode. Then, few laps later, he has been ordered to switch "Multi-Function B" to 11'clock. When Robert answered, "You mean 1 o'clock?", it's yes You're right. When he was ordered to pit for a penalty and Robert asked what is it for, he got "we'll talk about it after the race" as a response. He asks multiple time about brakes balance settings, but gets nothing useful, resulting in overheating right rear tire. He get's the order to switch to engine mode 5 (faster mode) only near the end of the race. After the race Robert says, there must have been some malfunction because the car felt like it had 100hp less... Official version for such stupid strategy has been "to avoid blue flags".
All in all, it's at the very least unprofessional and I hope it's not intentional..

marmer

It's a bit sad when a driver actually seems to know more about the car than his team. Perhaps Clair was very accurate when she said he could replace paddy Lowe

Manoah2u

marmer wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 19:01
It's a bit sad when a driver actually seems to know more about the car than his team. Perhaps Clair was very accurate when she said he could replace paddy Lowe
she would be accurate if she'd claim robert could replace her.

pipex

netoperek wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 17:44
All in all, it's at the very least unprofessional and I hope it's not intentional..
This situation must be a nightmare for Robert... I have no proof apart from what we know from the rumours, but I have the feeling that the team is actively favouring Russell and want Robert to fail. Maybe they only want to get the money from Orlen and then replace him when the money dries... In the autosport forum I remember seeing a picture of the chassis that when you compare them, looking at the one used by Robert shows a completely different carbon weave pattern in one part, showing that it must have been patched.

However, this also raises the question that Robert last year was their supposed "Development Driver" so he must have already knew what he was getting into...
"We will have to wait and see".

marmer

What if Robert has an absolutely iron clad contract with Williams that cannot be dropped as a driver easily on there side. Now they have some potential money coming in from mazepin they are doing everything possible to get him to quit on his side. Otherwise they are just unbelievably stupid Robert says to the press how it is so they have no hiding place and the fans and media will side with Robert not Williams.