Analog CFD computer.

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Zynerji

Analog CFD computer.

https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/penn-e ... -equations
“Controlling the interactions of electromagnetic waves with this Swiss cheese metastructure is the key to solving the equation,” Estakhri says. “Once the system is properly assembled, what you get out of the system is the solution to an integral equation.”

“This structure,” Edwards adds, “was calculated through a computational process known as ‘inverse design,’ which can be used to find shapes that no human would think of trying.”
Would love to pick this apart with the users here. What are the thoughts of the guys in the industry as to if this technology can be harnessed for CFD processing?

Thanks!

Greg Locock

Re: Analog CFD computer.

So every time you wanted to reprogram it you'd have to mold a new computer?

Hmmmm. Perhaps you could have a Lego type system with little blocks that clipped together.

More to the point there are many uses for computers with fixed programs, perhaps this could replace them.

Zynerji

Re: Analog CFD computer.

I understood the article more like each one of those plates would solve a specific equation, and that you would just build a rack of them to cover the cfd equations, and use it like a vector computer connected to a FPGA (Agilex CPU). I may be wrong that's why I was asking for some other input.

Early F1 adoption of this would gray-area the Hell out of the CFD computation limitations...